Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:16:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 [711] 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 843 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL CGMINER mining software thread for linux/win/osx/mips/arm/r-pi 4.11.1  (Read 5805211 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:57:16 AM

So what is the process for adding new parts to this?  We've got the Coincraft A1 in the wild, and some of the simpler DIY boards are just USB-SPI bridges.  Zefir did some great work on the bitmine cgminer branch, but the base code was a bit dated.  Do we fork/branch, port the A1 bits, then see what it takes to pull/merge it back?
Long term getting code for new devices into master cgminer code will guarantee the best long term support for the devices. Clean up the code to merge with current cgminer git master code using the driver model all other devices follow, following the code style for content/code style, make sure the code doesn't try to change other aspects of core cgminer code that affect all other users, and push it onto git, asking for a git pull request. The code will be reviewed, a few changes will likely be recommended, and after the changes are made, I'd be happy to just pull the code in as is into cgminer. All maintenance and development becomes the responsibility of the person pushing the code for that driver, but if done in a seamless way, no changes to any of the rest of cgminer will likely ever have any detrimental effect on the code, so only improvements and bugfixes will be required. The other option is to send one of the developers, i.e. myself or kano, a piece of the hardware, along with sample code, and we will make the code mergeable with current cgminer and develop and maintain it further. I personally am currently drowning in code and hardware so there will likely be delays if this is done to me specifically unless the code is very close to mergeable anyway.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:10:17 AM

... and if it's scrypt hardware ... whatever you do - DON'T send it to me.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:22:06 AM

And now you choose to support a developer who uses his pools hash rate to attack and destroy the alt coins you want to promote?
Curious why you like to slander others so much?
I mean, I understand it might be hard to make me look bad using facts, but are you really so desperate to make me look bad that you're willing to lie?
Just coz you say something over and over again, doesn't make the fact that you attacked and shut down an altcoin with your pool suddenly become false.
I'm sure your silly religion says that if you lie about something it's wrong to do that ... consider that next time when you lie about something.
You do it quite regularly, so you may not notice it, but if you do notice, remember that it's wrong to do it and try not to.
Also your fake god doesn't make sure everything you say is true - you do need to blame yourself for all your actions.
It's better, in your case, to think along the lines of everything you say is a lie, then it will relate to reality more.
Though, reality is something you have trouble with ... so that may not help either.

Here - I'll give you an example to mull over ... and if you can see the problem, there might be some hope for you in the future ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg1369274#msg1369274

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:45:36 PM

I like you, kano, and I find ljr to be the biggest douchenozzle that ever was. Can't stand him. But please don't insult my religion just because one person is a hypocritical liar.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:28:14 PM

Long term getting code for new devices into master cgminer code will guarantee the best long term support for the devices. Clean up the code to merge with current cgminer git master code ...  The code will be reviewed, a few changes will likely be recommended, and after the changes are made, I'd be happy to just pull the code in as is into cgminer ... The other option is to send one of the developers, i.e. myself or kano, a piece of the hardware, along with sample code, and we will make the code mergeable with current cgminer and develop and maintain it further.
Alright.  That seems fair enough.  We'll take a crack at it, and if it look to be too much for our timeframe, we'll poke a couple developers.  Thanks for clearing that up.
Dribble

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:26:14 PM

rant rant rant - I want free software to do what I tell them to make it do.
Honest to god, why would ANYONE support an asshat like Kano?  It's beyond me.
Almost no one does.
Have you ever donated to me for the free software you've used (for years)? I'd doubt it.
GPU mining on BTC is a complete loss to anyone doing it and a waste of ()
Again - indeed you are a lowlife.

Yea, actually I did.  And advocated for it's use.  Evangelized.  Helped others in it's use in this very thread among others.

And you spit at me because I chose not to read 720 pages.

Fuck you, douchbag.

And just FYI there are hundreds of coins these days.  Enjoy living in the past with the great Satoshi.  I can't imagine your stupidity in abandoning all the people who are the former user base of the now tarnished cgminer.

A search on this thread with cgminer and scrypt returns only 16 pages. A google search covers the subject as a second hit. At this point it is obvious you have not tried. Good luck in getting where you want to go.
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:49:39 PM

This thread always has the best fights! *munching Popcorn*
carface

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:37:03 PM

For cg miner 3.7.2 are there any saved logs that I can view that shows when cg miner started and when it stopped running? I want to know this so I know exactly how much electricity it is costing me.
techman05

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 09:17:39 PM

Try running it from the command prompt. All the stuff that scrolls before the page closes should be visible. Other than that if its got api support you could always run cgwatcher and thats got a bunch of reports that it shows while cgminers running,... though I use it for my crashing problems that haven't been resolved yet to keep cgminer going.

If you only use a single pool like eclipsemc (which I'm referencing for features and not recommending), which I believe has fields you can fill in to get an estimate on use and cost.

Good luck

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:01:25 AM

I've been told also that libusb is bad because it bypasses the official drivers for most of the chips used in ASICs.

Yeah, the USB driver decision was, and still is, mind boggling.  Hotplug is pointless - any serious miner will never need hotplug on their USB miners. 
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:07:24 AM

This thread always has the best fights! *munching Popcorn*
Well, according to YouTube, this forum is notorious for trolls.

After conversations with Luke-Jr, I've been told that ckolivas cannot work in a team, kano cannot work in a team, and that kano makes bad technical decisions and ckolivas backs them.

I've been told also that libusb is bad because it bypasses the official drivers for most of the chips used in ASICs.

So let me see if I understand this. Con and Kano can not work in a team yet they do work as a team.  Odd the one doing his own thing worries about team work.....

Libusb does avoid the ftdi driver. I am not as sure its the "official" driver but it is definitely the standard driver. All that driver does is make a fake serial port to communicate on. It isn't really better. Direct hardware access can be scary I suppose for some people. I like the idea that cgminer avoids yet another layer of abstraction between it and the hardware. Still everyone has some preference.

I really do like the hotplug ability that libusb added. Maybe no one else does. Even there you have to change a driver to get a feature. I'm not sure it is a big loss or mind boggling. I was glad they did make cgminer more similar between Linux and Windows. Then again I switched to Linux for my serious mining so I suppose to each their own.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:11:49 AM

I really do like the hotplug ability that libusb added. Maybe no one else does. Even there you have to change a driver to get a feature. I'm not sure it is a big loss or mind boggling. I was glad they did make cgminer more similar between Linux and Windows. Then again I switched to Linux for my serious mining so I suppose to each their own.

I really like the direct USB as well.  Fighting with USB Serial drivers is the biggest headache I've had in my day job with supporting customers.  The direct USB has always worked great for me.  Most of the problems I see is people insisting on using serial drivers with CGMiner when it no longer needs them.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Viceroy

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:12:02 PM

A search on this thread with cgminer and scrypt returns only 16 pages. A google search covers the subject as a second hit. At this point it is obvious you have not tried. Good luck in getting where you want to go.

Not tried what?  thanks for the non-sensicle post.   Roll Eyes
Askit2

Activity: 981

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:37:10 PM

Not tried what?  thanks for the non-sensicle post.   Roll Eyes
Looking for cgminer and scrypt information. Since the paragraph hadn't changed subjects I assume you are intentionally being dense.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:53:05 PM

Odd the one doing his own thing worries about team work.....
I was left "doing my own thing" because Con and Kano were unwilling to continue collaborating.
And BFGMiner now has more contributors than cgminer, just FWIW.

I really do like the hotplug ability that libusb added. Maybe no one else does. Even there you have to change a driver to get a feature. I'm not sure it is a big loss or mind boggling.
Hotplug is definitely a good feature to have, IMO. But there is nothing about it that requires bypassing the official drivers. BFGMiner does hotplug just fine with any USB, VCOM, or HID device, and will automatically trigger it in the next version.

Fighting with USB Serial drivers is the biggest headache I've had in my day job with supporting customers.
I'm curious as to what you had to fight? The VCOM drivers just automatically work/install in most cases...

Dribble

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:43:56 PM

Not tried what?  thanks for the non-sensicle post.   Roll Eyes
Looking for cgminer and scrypt information. Since the paragraph hadn't changed subjects I assume you are intentionally being dense.

Dear Viceroy,
Not quoting the entire post is non-sensible as others can and have read the fully quoted response. Just trying to help you get a life. Instead of reading 720 pages and making an excuse why you need to bash developers of free to use and or not to use software. You have nothing to gain by cherry picking but to fully declare that you are acting like a spoiled Troll. Pretending you have nothing to gain from looking elsewhere makes you an ignoramus. Good day to you and may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:12:25 AM

Fighting with USB Serial drivers is the biggest headache I've had in my day job with supporting customers.
I'm curious as to what you had to fight? The VCOM drivers just automatically work/install in most cases...

I was referring to experience with end user customers with legacy vertical market applications and not mining.  My experience has been when a customer reboots his laptop or plugs the USB to Serial dongle into a different USB port then Windoze assigns it a different com port.  Which caused me sometimes hours on the phone trying to walking customers through figuring out what the port number is an correcting the configuration.

I didn't even want to go down that road with a bunch of BE's and a  Jalapeno.  So I didn't.  And I have been happy with my results.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
techman05

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 01:33:01 AM

Hey regardless what end result program I use  I'm asking if in a future update this program can have the ability to have load balance as a percent and not as shares. I'm just thinking I may be hindering my mining abilities more by trying to calculate on my own how many shares I should allocate to a specific coin.

Thanks

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
elchorizo

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:35:13 AM

Any instructions on how to get Dualminer to work under Linux? I'm only interested in doing Scrypt with it.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:46:13 AM

Any instructions on how to get Dualminer to work under Linux? I'm only interested in doing Scrypt with it.

Ckolivas , any chances that gridseed solution will be supported by cgminer ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355268.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421921.0

thanks
You wouldn't want me to write a driver for them for it would only do the bitcoin mining part.
Pages: « 1 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 [711] 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 843 »
  Print  

Jump to: