Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Send merit to friend, is that allowed??  (Read 936 times)
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:52:50 AM
Merited by Coin12 (5), desi92 (5), lenj (4), Anne8 (1)

Good afternoon everybody,
As the topic, is it allowed to send merit to our friend or not?

Before you share your thought, let me go first.
In my opinion, i think this is not good to support the merit system because people can send merit each other to their friend without checking wheater they make quality post or not.
As the goal of this merit, its made to kill spammers but it such thing continue, merit will be killed back by spammers.

I noticed this when my friend get private message, the message contains people ask him to send merit each other.

I know its hard to get merit but we can get it by making quality post.

i know some members will not agree with this but i hope you can share your thought here.

Note : sorry for my bad english. I am not native english

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jose111

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:43:25 AM

In my opinion, i think this is not good to support the merit system because people can send merit each other to their friend without checking wheater they make quality post or not.
As the goal of this merit, its made to kill spammers but it such thing continue, merit will be killed back by spammers.

I noticed this when my friend get private message, the message contains people ask him to send merit each other.

i know some members will not agree with this but i hope you can share your thought here.

Hi everyone,

In my understanding about merit it is an excellent achievement, honor, value or quality that is deserving of approval. It means that it's like a medal or award that is required to be given to the deserving person. This is an achievement that when you get this you can be proud to yourself and its added to your credential.

For me it's good to give merit to my friends but when he/she deserve it, because I'm high respecting the value of merit and it's better to have this when we know to our self that we are deserve for this. We can feel much happier and deserving when we know that we do our best and we working hard to receive this honor.

Everyone want's to have merit and I know we can get this in a good way. Just be patient and working hard.
nhamoitruonghoc

Activity: 104
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:58:59 AM

You definitely allowed to do that. No one will judge you if you send merits to your friends. However, please don't do that simply because they are your friends; do that only for their good posts. Furthermore, you should send  merits to others who write constructive posts for the forum, which can help you too.
Zhen Zhibing

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:07:43 AM

There is no clearly rule about this. It's also that nobody can control what people do with their merit. It mean that you can buy or sell merit, but deal outside of BCT. I see many posts with nothing special but merited more than 50 times, by 1 person.
Anne8

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:11:05 AM

Hi everyone,

In my understanding about merit it is an excellent achievement, honor, value or quality that is deserving of approval. It means that it's like a medal or award that is required to be given to the deserving person. This is an achievement that when you get this you can be proud to yourself and its added to your credential.

For me it's good to give merit to my friends but when he/she deserve it, because I'm high respecting the value of merit and it's better to have this when we know to our self that we are deserve for this. We can feel much happier and deserving when we know that we do our best and we working hard to receive this honor.

Everyone want's to have merit and I know we can get this in a good way. Just be patient and working hard.

Yes i agree also when friend deserve to get merit becuase of good post. But dont give it with word " friend " as reason.
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:19:15 AM

You definitely allowed to do that. No one will judge you if you send merits to your friends. However, please don't do that simply because they are your friends; do that only for their good posts. Furthermore, you should send  merits to others who write constructive posts for the forum, which can help you too.
True although there's no restriction (for now) in sending merits, please do not abuse it. The sole purpose is to reward members with merit-worthy post for them to continue on making quality posts, not because they're friends.

people can send merit each other to their friend without checking wheater they make quality post or not.

Merits are posted publicly, any abusers can be seen through the help of the community. Though actions/punishments are still not determined, people are constantly looking for abusers wanting to make this forum free from those kind of people.
lenj

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:25:16 AM

Its good post so they will not give merit to friend so easy but all depending on their quality post.
Give merit to friend if they make good post.

But i think there are so many big player with this merit system because people will be stingy and they prefer to keep their merit without giving it to member. It will make this merit system too hard and maybe fail.
green_fish

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:27:42 AM

Because this merit system is launched, merit will not have some impact to know!
But merit is meant to reward good posts!
ThemonkiiX

Activity: 233
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:30:59 AM

If your friend post a spam and you give them merit, that will be a problem.

Because you can not prove if you are just giving merit to your friend or you are selling merit.

It is quite possible that you will be reported to admin.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:10:37 AM

Although we make quality post but we can not make sure that we will get the merit because many people will not give their merit to us and they just want to keep it without giving to anyone.
If they give to anyone, they will allow that member to go to higher level and they stay in current level.
This opion also make this rank up would be difficult.
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:58:20 AM
Merited by TryNinja (1)

Although we make quality post but we can not make sure that we will get the merit because many people will not give their merit to us and they just want to keep it without giving to anyone.
If they give to anyone, they will allow that member to go to higher level and they stay in current level.
This opion also make this rank up would be difficult.

Agree with you, i dont see any high circulation of merit. Most people just like to keep the merit in their account.
If they give merit to other, they need to spare 1 or 2 minutes for sending merit, for those who dont want to do something that not benefit to them, i think they prefer to keep it.

I think the system must give them limit time to spend the Smerit then if they dont give Smerit till the limit time so they system will give consequence. For example delete their merit as many as smerit they have so maybe their rank will lower level. It can prevent them to keep the smerit without doing anything. No merit circulation so no more rank up.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 12:22:30 PM

Agree with you, i dont see any high circulation of merit.
The system was introduced a few days ago, what do you expect?  Roll Eyes

If they give merit to other, they need to spare 1 or 2 minutes for sending merit, for those who dont want to do something that not benefit to them, i think they prefer to keep it.
No. It takes <5 seconds to send merit, even less if you are fast.

I think the system must give them limit time to spend the Smerit then if they dont give Smerit till the limit time so they system will give consequence.
The consequence is that your Smerit will decay.

For example delete their merit as many as smerit they have so maybe their rank will lower level. It can prevent them to keep the smerit without doing anything. No merit circulation so no more rank up.
Horrible suggestion.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Tux99

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:03:26 PM

Agree with you, i dont see any high circulation of merit.
The system was introduced a few days ago, what do you expect?  Roll Eyes

No. It takes <5 seconds to send merit, even less if you are fast.

I think the system must give them limit time to spend the Smerit then if they dont give Smerit till the limit time so they system will give consequence.
The consequence is that your Smerit will decay.

For example delete their merit as many as smerit they have so maybe their rank will lower level. It can prevent them to keep the smerit without doing anything. No merit circulation so no more rank up.
Horrible suggestion.

Not all people think the same like you. Some people is just lazy to take their time to give merit to other.
However, lets see what happen next with this system. I hope all member in this forum think positive and allow their smerit fly to other member and not arogant to keep their smerit in their account.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:25:29 PM

Yes we need that nature. The merit system is made to improve the quality of this forum, so friendship is not an excuse for us to provide free merit points without an active role like post quality. That is the main reason until now, there are still some people who use smerit without a reality and high responsibility to dedicate to this forum.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:32:18 PM

Whether it is coming from a friend or not, as long as the post is quality, I don't mind awarding merit to the post.

So to answer your question, it would be a qualifying yes and no answer - yes if it is a quality post; and definitely no if the awarding of merit is just to game the system.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 05:06:58 PM

Not all people think the same like you.
Doesn't matter.

Some people is just lazy to take their time to give merit to other.
As expected. You aren't really saying anything new.

I hope all member in this forum think positive and allow their smerit fly to other member and not arogant to keep their smerit in their account.
There's nothing arrogant about keping your Smerit.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
CoolWave

Activity: 630
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:04:32 PM

There are several factors that leans towards positive side of merit system such as :

(1) . Being a Full Member, I was allowed to send only four sMerits , so how many "friends" can a person have and that too of ranks "Member" and above ?
(2) . Theymos reserves the right to dismiss sMerits whenever he wants for the sake of post quality and misuse of sMerits so don't think this "friend" stuff is
       going to work .
(3) . On sending someone an sMerit, you actually leave your footprint as "Merited by" which tells how good you are at judging other people's posts . So
       better you be careful next time when sending one !
orka39 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:16:03 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 10:26:19 PM by mprep

Whether it is coming from a friend or not, as long as the post is quality, I don't mind awarding merit to the post.

So to answer your question, it would be a qualifying yes and no answer - yes if it is a quality post; and definitely no if the awarding of merit is just to game the system.

Thats what i mean. We need to see wheater the post is high quality or not. Give smerit to quality post only. No matter friend or not. This can support this merit system.

There are several factors that leans towards positive side of merit system such as :

(1) . Being a Full Member, I was allowed to send only four sMerits , so how many &quot;friends&quot; can a person have and that too of ranks &quot;Member&quot; and above ?
(2) . Theymos reserves the right to dismiss sMerits whenever he wants for the sake of post quality and misuse of sMerits so don't think this &quot;friend&quot; stuff is
       going to work .
(3) . On sending someone an sMerit, you actually leave your footprint as &quot;Merited by&quot; which tells how good you are at judging other people's posts . So
       better you be careful next time when sending one !

Good point, always becareful to give smerit to any post because not all post is qualified for smerit.

There's nothing arrogant about keping your Smerit.

So what will happen if all member prefer to keep their smerit?

Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:31:00 AM
Merited by yamortsac (2)

There is no regulation saying that you can't give merit to your friend. However the merit system is made to give credit to users who are contributing to the community, sharing their knowledge and giving useful answers to queries in the forum. With that everyone should give proper credit to user who have been working hard for this forum. Let us all keep working hard and make constructive and quality post.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 6970

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:38:30 AM

So what will happen if all member prefer to keep their smerit?
Nothing.

"There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future."

Misclicked and sent merit to the wrong post. fak

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: