Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 11 Merit - 125 posts - 112 ranking - any questions?  (Read 285 times)
retlaw04 (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:14:15 PM

Hi Guys,

I am now a member of bitcointalk.org since fall last year. And since then I have written some postings. One maybe more interesting, the other not so. Now I have slowly worked towards a reasonable status. And now - system merrit.
I am missing since last week 8 points for the full member status. Meanwhile, I have also brought these points easily.
But due to the merit system, I now need another 90 merit to reach the full member status. In my estimation, I will need about 2 years to get the community willing to donate to achieve this.
I think that's not fair. But shit happens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:17:55 PM

Hi Guys,

I am now a member of bitcointalk.org since fall last year. And since then I have written some postings. One maybe more interesting, the other not so. Now I have slowly worked towards a reasonable status. And now - system merrit.
I am missing since last week 8 points for the full member status. Meanwhile, I have also brought these points easily.
But due to the merit system, I now need another 90 merit to reach the full member status. In my estimation, I will need about 2 years to get the community willing to donate to achieve this.

This is a prime example of merit farming and it won't work

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:25:45 PM

Hi Guys,

Two years? How about forever? But why so atrociously desperate to be a Full Member? Guess we know why? Poor you, how will you feed your family members now?
I think the merit system is just and fair. Why are so unhappy, just like you said, shit happens, deal with it. It's because of people like you post shit which ultimately forced theymos to introduce the merit system. Thankfully, we can at least discuss something related to bitcoin just like those good old days.

retlaw04 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:33:46 PM

Hi Guys,

Two years? How about forever? But why so atrociously desperate to be a Full Member? Guess we know why? Poor you, how will you feed your family members now?
I think the merit system is just and fair. Why are so unhappy, just like you said, shit happens, deal with it. It's because of people like you post shit which ultimately forced theymos to introduce the merit system. Thankfully, we can at least discuss something related to bitcoin just like those good old days.

Is it so unprehanceable ? Absolutely vicious? If someone wants to do just that, what others have achieved in a similar or worse way?
Or is it not rather condemnable from above to judge? And to say, I already have.
But everyone has their attitude towards things. I think I have also made one or two contributions to this forum here.
Probably not to the same extent as you. And above all, not as selfless, self-sacrificing and community-oriented as you.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:36:29 PM

I now need another 90 merit to reach the full member status. In my estimation, I will need about 2 years to get the community willing to donate to achieve this.
Why reaching Full Member rank is so important to you?
would you post be posting better than now if your ranking was upgraded higher?
there is nothing special about being Full Member rank and up... it is just a STATUS
unless you aiming for signature campaign then rank would be something important
but soon, rank won't be important anymore as the campaign starts shifting the requirement to merits instead of rank

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:40:54 PM

Is it so reprehensible? Absolutely unbeatable? If someone wants to do just that, what others have achieved in a similar or worse way?
Or is it not rather condemnable from above to judge? And to say, I already have.
But everyone has their attitude towards things. I think I have also made one or two contributions to this forum here.
Probably not to the same extent as you. And above all, not as selfless, self-sacrificing and community-oriented as you.
Trying to use tough words so that your sentences make sense? Just to let you know, it's not working.
Contributions to this forum? Lol. Feel free to state them here if you have ever made a "contribution".
All I hear from that is blah, blah blah, blah blah blah....

retlaw04 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:45:19 PM

I now need another 90 merit to reach the full member status. In my estimation, I will need about 2 years to get the community willing to donate to achieve this.
there is nothing special about being Full Member rank and up... it is just a STATUS
but soon, rank won't be important anymore as the campaign starts shifting the requirement to merits instead of rank

Why should I make a big secret of the fact that bounty activities are important to me?
And why are you so reluctant to ask this question? If you know the answer.
Even you do not necessarily harm your status or? As well as the writer in the previous post.

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:48:05 PM

Why should I make a big secret of the fact that bounty activities are important to me?
Even you do not necessarily harm your status or? As well as the writer in the previous post.
This will not work.. people won't give you merit for moaning

Merit farming /thread

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
bitperson

Activity: 210
Merit: 119

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:51:56 PM

I have gained 14 merit in two days (thank you!), so I certainly think it’s feasible to gain 90 in much less than two years. I’m actually hoping to make full member in two month’s time. Not that it’s terribly important, although admittedly it would look nice Smiley But really, merit points resemble Facebook likes, except that one person can award several for the same post. They’re not scarce. But I guess they’re also a bit like sex: you’re more likely to score if you don’t come across as bitter or desperate:D

How to ask questions the smart way
When you’re happy with the answers in a thread you have started, please click ‘lock topic’ to prevent spam.
1AWrZWnN4ThpGB5z24WTzsoZRMqvLpDGYU
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:53:00 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 11:39:55 PM by iasenko
Merited by otrkid70 (1), bitperson (1)

Hi Guys,

C'mon, why everyone is complaining about the system? Mostly, I see members moaning how they missed the train of free fortune and wealth. Put yourself together and start producing quality contribution to the community. Big part of the legendary and hero members have already given a lot to the crypto world. Projects like etherium, litecoin have started here, those people deserve respect if you want to reach their level then you have to earn it somehow.Sure there are Hero and Legendary shitposters but hey, no one is perfect. What is your contribution /not personally the OP but all those complaining/. I'm doing what I can to learn and help the same time, check my profile.

shushanika

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:54:45 PM

Some questions for you:

1) Isn't the new system implemented for everyone ? You have to compete with others on the same level.

2) If you owned this forum and found that it is being spammed by account farmers with shit posts, would you have not taken some steps to combat this ?

3) Do you think questioning the system will have any impact on the decision made? In fact, if you have read the posts made by others doing the same thing, you might not have started this thread.

Improve or remain stuck at current level forever. All the best.
retlaw04 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:10:20 PM

Some questions for you:

1) Isn't the new system implemented for everyone ? You have to compete with others on the same level.

2) If you owned this forum and found that it is being spammed by account farmers with shit posts, would you have not taken some steps to combat this ?

3) Do you think questioning the system will have any impact on the decision made? In fact, if you have read the posts made by others doing the same thing, you might not have started this thread.

Improve or remain stuck at current level forever. All the best.

Were you implemented here with the new system at the same time? somelike shushanika 4.0?

Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1287

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:54:52 PM

I agree with you. this limits must be changed but not now.
Let's give the system a month and see how people deal with it.
I think these numbers https://bitcointalk.org/adrotate.php?adstats will be greatly reduced.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:26:13 PM
Merited by TMAN (5)

C'mon, why everyone is complaining about the system? Mostly, I see members moaning how they missed the train of free fortune and wealth. Put yourself together and start producing quality contribution to the community.
iasenko pointed it out and let me give you 2 more words Adapt... Evolve...
like I say, as soon as merit becomes requirement for joining sig campaign, rank won't be discussed much anymore
they might reduced the requirement to Jr.Member or newbie but emphasize on merit for applying
and then are you going to complain to those campaign managers about this changes too?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: