Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:59:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Funniest Bitcoin story ever!  (Read 7638 times)
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:38:32 PM

Poor couple this thread was already a year ago I hope they already know how to make money from the real crypto .
It sure is funny but if this was real they lost $1,000 because of they didn't have a proper guidance and didn't bother to know what they are buying.
But I guess we all know some people who got careless because of crypto and made some funny memories.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1944

This space is availlable for advertising

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 06:33:28 AM

Ok, I fail to see how it can be funny to laugh at some gullible people being scammed out of $1000. It is sad incidents like this, that are causing people to turn against Bitcoin. It also has a domino affect, because these people have friends and family and when they hear about this, they instantly label Bitcoin as a scam, without doing proper research and before you open your eyes, Bitcoin is seen as a scam by millions of people around the world.  Angry

People giving Bitcoin a bad name should be hunted down and shamed in public <by the media and social media> and they should serve some jail time for these crimes.  Angry Angry Angry

Signature space availlable -Just DM me if you need some advertising.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1031

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 07:17:48 AM

They then "showed" him their bitcoin. It was a plastic coin with the Bitcoin symbol on it!
This is one of the mistakes investors must learn. Before they will invest in an investment, they must do some research first before throwing their money. Poor couple they bought a plastic coin for 1000$. I laughed a bit on it but on the other side, I felt pity on them because of what happened to them.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
July 26, 2019, 08:31:08 AM

thats indeed funny but whats funny is that your friends have also fooled you to believe on that joke  . i think the joke is a hoax . if those couple are into bitcoin and they want to buy bitcoin , they already done thier research and knew if what it is bitcoin  plus the bitcoin that is describe on the story is also plastic , if ever there will be a physical version of bitcoin , that will not be plastic but it will be the same as what we have on our local currencies  , it should be metal or paper based material   .
Apaxy

Activity: 512
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2019, 09:51:00 PM

I still like the story about Bitcoin, which bypassed the world already, when in 2009 the user offered his friends to buy him 2 pizzas for 10.000 Bitcoin.  I do not remember the end of this story, whether someone brought him a pizza or not, but it really was a very smart offer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: