Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you detect scam?  (Read 130 times)
Wikadin (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:51:06 AM

Hi, I want to participate in boutnty/airdrop campaigns.

How do you define the scam? Any examples would be very nice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chaitanya31

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:56:15 AM

Ask the campaign creator the "tough" question in the public space provided. If the answers are weak or go unanswered, you've done the best thing you can do as a member of the crowdfunding community.
Wikadin (OP)

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:41:21 AM

Ask the campaign creator the "tough" question in the public space provided. If the answers are weak or go unanswered, you've done the best thing you can do as a member of the crowdfunding community.

Could you, please, provide any example: ICO, what questions did you ask?
cryptoyeow

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:29:13 AM

If I were I will check their background such as website, whitepaper, telegram, twitter

If they ask for donation or minimum eth, please double check and verify carefully
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:44:27 PM

Obvious scam red flags:

- someone asks you to transfer a small amount of any crypto to participate,
- someone asks for your private keys (NEVER give them to ANYONE),
- promising unrealistic returns - if something seems too good to be true, it is,
- asking for any form of ID (driving license, passport, etc.) to participate,
- low quality website & no whitepaper,

That list is by all means not exhaustive, hopefully other users will give additional advice.
aiannejacob

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:40:22 AM

Obvious scam red flags:

- someone asks you to transfer a small amount of any crypto to participate,
- someone asks for your private keys (NEVER give them to ANYONE),
- promising unrealistic returns - if something seems too good to be true, it is,
- asking for any form of ID (driving license, passport, etc.) to participate,
- low quality website & no whitepaper,

That list is by all means not exhaustive, hopefully other users will give additional advice.
thnz for the adviced. This will help me alot when i start to have bounty campaigns. I addition with that try to check the people involved with the campaigns if it is new account.
khoapham89
Copper Member

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:52:43 AM

If you would like to join an airdrop, just take a look on their website, whitepaper, team. Search some information on their site or whitepaper to make sure that not copy paste from other ICOs. Do not spend too much time to detect them scam or not if you only want to join their airdrop. Because it's not worth to do that.

If you would like to  join their bounty, you have to spend more time to check their information, what problem they solve, their team, whitepaper. Because you have to work with them month by month, maybe. You do not want to take nothing after 3 months doing their bounty, right?

You can follow some bounty managers or bounty teams, who be trusted, you can save your time.

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:52:46 PM

I wrote a post about some things to look out for when investing in an ICO, and since bounties are generally tied to a project that has an ICO, the same applies, you can look here if you want: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3760625

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Nayborksta

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:34:53 PM

Always chech if the project has a whitepaper, read it through, check the team behind it, check their LinkedIn accounts. If something sounds too good to be true it's probably a scam.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: