Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:13:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips for begginers  (Read 344 times)
milo07 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:04:17 PM

According to your experience what altcoin is good to hold for long period? and where to hold it ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WillowEvul

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:02:30 PM

Of course bitcoin is the best, but here are some options you might want to look at:

XRP, XMR, LTC, ETH, IOTA!

Don't think too much, just buy and hodl!  Wink
sharifbd

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:15:13 PM

According to your experience what altcoin is good to hold for long period? and where to hold it ?
I think, Bitcoin is better than any other altcoin. If you want to get more profit.
raoul78

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:17:38 PM

Don't think too much, just buy and hodl!  Wink

This part is not my advice :-) exept the hodl part.

If you want to buy an altcoin you should do some research on that coin. What is it used for, what's it's total supply,...
Read around on forums and twitter.

Don't buy just because someone else tells you to buy a coin.
I'm not recommending any coins, not even the ones I have bought because everyone has different ideas and strategies for trading. My strategy might not be the one you would want to use.

Don't trade to much in the beginning. That's a mistake I made. I switched to much between coins and lost some money doing that.

█   REALTYCOIN   █
the most PROFITABLE place to INVEST in the world
▬  ICO is LIVE  ▬ (http://therealtycoin.io)
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:19:34 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 05:14:40 AM by SaltySpitoon

Don't trade to much in the beginning. That's a mistake I made. I switched to much between coins and lost some money doing that.

can you tell me what kind of mistake you made and what did you to fixe it now ?
His mistake is buying at the high price and selling at the low price.
He can not patient when his investment decrease day by day, then he switches his investment to other coins and everything repeats Cheesy.
aimabiet97

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:37:05 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2018, 03:54:00 AM by aimabiet97

My opinion is bitcoin will become the best choice for you, i recommend Ledger Nano S, one of the best ways to store your coins wallet long term.
ZeroDrifting

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:30:09 AM

I suggest you learn how to day trade using Paxful.com
King Koopa

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:53:15 AM

I'm a fairly new investor so take my advice with a grain of salt. The coin you decide to invest in should be based on your own research. I'd suggest holding your investments in a wallet if possible, but please look into backup procedures so you don't lose any of your coins.
raoul78

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:34:32 AM

can you tell me what kind of mistake you made and what did you to fixe it now ?
His mistake is buying at the high price and selling at the low price.
He can not patient when his investment decrease day by day, then he switches his investment to other coins and everything repeats Cheesy.

This is indeed basically what went wrong. When the price dropped I sold with a loss and bought another coin hoping to make money. I didn't take the time to do research.

█   REALTYCOIN   █
the most PROFITABLE place to INVEST in the world
▬  ICO is LIVE  ▬ (http://therealtycoin.io)
milo07 (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:10:07 PM

When the price dropped I sold with a loss and bought another coin hoping to make money. I didn't take the time to do research.
i'm having the same problem here, i bought some Doge coin and then the price dropped nearly to half now i'm stuck over a mounth i was thinking that maybe i can gain some profit by switching to gain some time cause my idea is probebly doge price will get high but i'll be waiting too long for that so if i started trading with it even tho i gonna lose half my money i'll be gaining it back and get back from where i strarted maybe before the doge will move
GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:19:55 PM

Remember to not hold all eggs in one basket! Wink Even if your funds are little it is good to buy at least three altcoins. You have to choose from top 15 - I will choose for example Ethereum, DASH, Litecoin, Monero..
sensay

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:20:10 PM

Choose from top 20-30
If you want to know specifically, you have to pay for consultation, professionals will make analytics for you.
mrsamuelmills83

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:00:29 PM

Buy coins after doing your research and invest in those who you believe in. That makes holding it through tough times like this a lot easier.

My coin picks:
BitClave, Substratum, VertCoin, DeepOnion, and Trinity.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:00:27 PM

Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Monero.

Here's a site that lists all coins, wallets, and exchanges. If you got a coin you can find out which exchanges support it. If you go to a wallet or exchange you can see which coins they support.

Check it out >>> https://www.cryptocompare.com/
kit1971

Activity: 27
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:43:19 AM

Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Monero.

Here's a site that lists all coins, wallets, and exchanges. If you got a coin you can find out which exchanges support it. If you go to a wallet or exchange you can see which coins they support.

Check it out >>> https://www.cryptocompare.com/

Thanks for the link, this is a useful tool and exactly what I needed.
electricblueeyes

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:02:10 AM

I have been holding Cardano/Ada for a while now and have no plans to sell any time soon. For me it is the most ambitious project out there.

Other promising coins in my humble opinion would be Stellar, Nem, Neo and Eth.
oli123

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:20:30 AM

For long-term investments, I would make the following decisions. Bitcoin is the basis for this i would invest 50%. Another investment would go to Ethereum (30%) - a coin with a good reputation.
The rest would go to the LTC and to some newly created altcoins.
modimitali

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:35:16 PM

Each day many Altcoins add up.
Choosing the correct altcoin is very important.
Understand it's functionality and usecase before you invest.

Following are few of my picks.
DeepOnion, DGB, Ripple, S-ether, IOTA
diego1111

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:36:56 PM

Биткoин кoнeчнo жe нo дocтyпeн oн к coжaлeнию ни вceм!
Ranillo79

Activity: 240
Merit: 17

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 09:46:10 PM

I suggest to you to buy eltcoin. Research about it and analize if you want to buy and gold. But since you are a new.
Tips.  Learn morebsecirty for your account before you earn more and get lost of it
Base on my experience. So it is a great  tips for newbie

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
viollo

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:55:00 PM

Whatever you choose to buy, pay attention to smaller cap coins as they can be extremely volatile
coasterridex

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:58:21 PM

im a newbie so consider this as a piece of advise coming from a man who's still trying to learn more about this industry. if you'll gonna ask me that question all i can say is you should do your own research and learn how the coin waves work. it's actually a bit impossible since its very unpredictable. but there some things you could consider that could help you decide weather yes or no in term of investing. you may soon learn how to ride the waves and be a successful trader or anything you could be in this industry. Good luck mate !
rvalipio

Activity: 14
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:24:25 AM

i want to hold btc and altcoins i dont know where to invest. can you help me
mjacer

Activity: 170

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:27:50 AM

Read read read first.
It is better to understand first what you are entering into.

but of course, you have to buy low and sell high.

beware of YOBIT exchange, it will stole your money if you leave your balance in their site.  So it is better to withdraw as soon as you are finished trading.

goodluck!!!

Ethereum has a lot of potential going up!!!

And also, this is the best time to buy BTC since it is at its low ;-)
TreXzar

Activity: 143

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:31:09 AM

Both Eth and BTC are at prices from Nov last year, great time to buy and hodl!! just stay away from ripple for a while, it will probably go back to its Nov price again too...

◼◼  WorkChain.io  ◼◼                                            
◼◼ The Future of Payroll   ◼ Make Every Day Payday
freo01

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:45:32 AM

One of the good coins i have is deeponion, it has extreme potential of having a long term investment which i know will hit the crypto market sooner.
elramsy

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:14:41 AM

Bitcoin is still one of the best cryptocurrency you can keep, because it has survive a lot of criticism and is still standing firm
Tiim_Aly

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:27:13 AM

Smiley
Hey!

I was a rookie not long ago in trading! I suggest you to practice in trading simulators and see what crypto works for you and then invest through brokers! Bitcoin Flip trading Simulator helped me a lot, because I learned how to trade properly and got connections with brokers, all in one platform!
Herdawnia

Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:51:34 AM

For my opinion yes it is good just to hold for an Altcoin as long as you monitor from time to time the movement of their pumps, try to search also with the predictions of some experts. I hoard PRL Smiley

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
crown_translator

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:31:53 AM

Remember to not hold all eggs in one basket! Wink Even if your funds are little it is good to buy at least three altcoins. You have to choose from top 15 - I will choose for example Ethereum, DASH, Litecoin, Monero..

Very good advice! Cut your loses by spreading out.
Hanna_J

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:19:41 PM

Something easy to mine/invest in for beginners, could be the quite new Electroneum, as it is, as far as I understood, even possible to mine on mobile, so you don't have to buy crazy computing machines to start mining. I'm also quite a newbie, so certainly research that one, in case I am terribly wrong Smiley
Ann_snow

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:18:48 PM

1.read and research yourself
2. do no listen to other people
cryptomadu

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:48:44 PM

I guess XRP has a good future. Also cardano, stellar and OTN ( just a token yet ) will be good. but this is just my personal opinion. Always do your own research before investing on anything.

┈┈┈┈┈ CyberFlix TV App (https://cyberflixapktv.xyz) ┈┈┈┈┈
ddhsaranga

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:08:43 PM

you can involve with bounty. you can earn coins easily and free. but you may have to wait more times to take a profit. so, trading is the best way to take profit fast
neuer111

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:46:58 PM

The simple answer to questions alike is the following: you decide it by yourself. Cryptocurrency trading does not follow any particular rules, so you have to do your own research and decide what better suits your pocket, knowledge and intuition. However, if you are looking for an advise, consider the following coins for long-term investment:

BTC,
ETH,
XRP
LTC,
XMR,
IOTA.

Also, do your own research on each of these coins and decide by yourself which better suits your interests.
bitcoincashback

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 09:14:22 PM

well, most important is:

• Setting up exchange accounts
• Buying Bitcoins with FIAT money
• Trading altcoins for Bitcoin
• How to strategically research projects
• Tax situation in your Country

I have compiled all the Information in my guide for beginners as so many asked me around that topic, a pure PDF how to get started: https://bitcoincashback.net/free-crypto-101-guide.html
Jufynonomys

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:36:31 PM

Nice thread, I am having great Ideas in progress.
crown_translator

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:02:13 AM

well, most important is:

• Setting up exchange accounts
• Buying Bitcoins with FIAT money
• Trading altcoins for Bitcoin
• How to strategically research projects
• Tax situation in your Country

I have compiled all the Information in my guide for beginners as so many asked me around that topic, a pure PDF how to get started: https://bitcoincashback.net/free-crypto-101-guide.html

Thanks very much for all your help.
talk123

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:00:37 AM

I think, Bitcoin is better than any other altcoin. If you want to get more profit.

You also can try hold ETH too. Also good profit.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: