Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:49:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
kenziefried

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:03:12 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
It is true that we should be always careful because there are a lot of scammers and hackers here in the cryptocurrency world. My advice for you is improve your knowledge for you to protect yourself from hackers and scammers.
Scamming and hacking is now a day being happen all over the world but we will have to stay active and we will have to protect our bitcoin from hacking there are a lot of ways in this regard, bitcoin has wallets that we can use to store our bitcoin and we can increase our knowledge before we go to invest so this way we can help ourselves to prevent scamming, bitcoin has a lot of wallets specially the blockchain which keep bitcoin safe from hacking as long as you want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:38:34 AM

Indeed hackers are everywhere, they know how valuable digital money are that is why they are doing their best to hack accounts and stole others coins.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fcf1081

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:43:03 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

There's no safe now in cryptocurrecny anyone can be hack by the hackers, even the market exchange can be hack. For me i suggest dont deposit your altcoin in market exchange, and safeguard your wallet, be careful to visit phishing site.
Muxkek09

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:24:30 AM

In the decentralized world you cannot say how much the cryptocurrency or other coins are safe , because it has to do with individuals an all the responsibility is upon the individual like in which market they trade or what they do so being safe is in the hand of individual by being careful what they do
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:09:55 AM

I’m not sure how safe cryptocurrencies are, but I believe that most of them are more than 70% safe, and that can depend on the wallet you’re using. There are lots of wallets out there and you have to be wise while making the choice. Some of the wallets you see are even fake and are being opened up by scammers, once your Bitcoin gets into it, you just have to say bye-bye to it.☹️☹️
kripkiki12

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:21:40 AM

That is why security issues should and will be one of the most important topics in the crypto world as well in the upcoming times. In my opinion, there is no such thing as total safety, neither in the crypto-, nor in the real world...
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:36:56 AM

Cryptocurrencies, at the moment, are as safe as they can be. Do not forget, cryptocurrencies are a technological invention, and just as any other technology, scammers are working very hard to bring it down or manipulate it. However, im sure the very brains behind cryptocurrencies are also    many steps ahead in trying to ensure that cryptocurrency investments are safe. so we need not worry. Cryptocurrencies will continue to be safe. AT least safe from hacks.
do not be too afraid of hackers, you know I've been using crypto since 2013 and all this time I've never had the problem of stealing/hacking
you just have to be careful with phishing sites, always use antivirus, and use 2fa for your wallet, it will make your coins always safe
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:39:08 AM

That's one of the reason why internet is a bad place.
If you keep your btc into wallet online, make sure that you have more caution as much as twice than offline wallet.
My friend ever got hacked when she put some btc on blockchain !

Smiley
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 08:41:57 AM

I wonder why there are still lots of people who aren't contented for what they have but still choose to take what's not theirs. I think to get rid of these people , we should just keep all our private keys and accounts secured all the time. We should not entrust it to anybody who we don't know well.
cleygaux

Activity: 656
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:47:55 AM

Im not aware about this news regarding this hacking incident that lost millions in Japan, Can you provide more detailed information or link about this? Im just curious how this hackers able to hack this huge amount of money easily while wallets must be secured enough before conducting icos must be an inside job or something.  
drybull

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

ICOVO team

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 09:27:54 AM

Since one-time passwords or passwords for two-step authentication to be entered at exchanges are temporary, even if they are deciphered, safety is high because they can not be used immediately
qwirtiii

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:05:33 AM

I admit , In this crytocurrencies world there's a lot of scammer and they work is to thief.Stole all the tokens in other users to gain and earn lot of money.
I think we can avoid it when we trust no one.Keep your password of all your accounts.So that, you are the only one to access your accounts.
suburban123

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:51:39 PM

It is enough to adhere to the accepted safety standards. Be attentive and do not trust unverified sources, links, and also be cautious in working with e-mail. Again, check, and not trust. And of course it's safe to save passwords and keys from personal data. What's more, use a variety of passwords. It does not have to be a universal password for all your accounts.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:07:48 PM

Cryptocurrency is as safe as you want it to be. Depending on your tech skills or knowledge, you as an individual, can secure your funds against hacks or theft by taking the necessary precautions to achieve such purpose. If you stay away from online wallets, and use only hardware wallets for your crypto transactions, then you'll be safe. You can also use cold storage solutions, with offline-generated keys for further security.

If you never disclose how many cryptocurrencies you have, as well as, your personal information, then there should be nothing to worry about. Keeping your computer secure with an up-to-date antivirus, firewall, and anti-spyware, would greatly protect you against undesired threats. Once you do all of this, then there should be virtually no way for a hacker to steal your funds, especially if you rely on hardware wallets like Trezor or on offline transactions (using an air-gapped computer with your private key, and then broadcasting the transaction on an online computer). But, if you use online wallets all the time, keep your coins in a centralized exchange, and even disclose your funds and personal information, then you'll be susceptible against undesired hacks and theft of your hard-earned coins. Smiley

Viranz

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:40:05 PM

Never give privacy key to anyone and maybe better you use your 2FA Auntheticator wallet because it is very safe in securing your wallet. That will secure you from hackers who want to hack you.
ynclksnr321

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 06:47:15 PM

It's very simple to do. As far as possible you will keep your passwords away from online environments. You will be logged in with extra security precautions. Pay particular attention to the sites you enter so that you do not get hacked by pishing.
buburjelly

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:21:23 PM

No one crypto developer ensures security against hackers because the security is returned to the coin holders. So, we as users or holders of the crypto must continue to be vigilant and always use the security features available to avoid hackers. Most cases of hacking that occurred during this time caused by its users are not careful and careless in sharing important information that should not be known by someone other than himself.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:26:31 PM

It's 99% safe as long as you do everything as the rules say. If you don't download unknown wallets, go to fishing sites or participate in suspicious airdrops - everything will be OK.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:06:43 PM

It's 99% safe as long as you do everything as the rules say. If you don't download unknown wallets, go to fishing sites or participate in suspicious airdrops - everything will be OK.
hacker have various ways and technique to attack our wallet.once they failed in first try,they will try another technique until they success.even they can do dns injection that people dont consider about.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:41:47 PM

For me there are no safe in internet related. Because modern hacker is unstoppable even a government site that has state of art technology they can still hack. The best way to avoid on  them is be careful with your information. Dont go to malicious site. That way it will less risk
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: