Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:30:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:51:30 AM

I think they are no safe in this world  especially in a internet world. Even a government security system has been hack. The only way we can avoid hacker is double check your filling up form. And dont go to the site that make you suspicious .

Use the latest version of the wallet, such as Electrum, Multibit. Do not visit malicious websites. If you have more $ I think you need to store coins in a hard wallet will be safer.

Yes, we have to secure our wallets and anti virus in your computer but at the same time while clicking any link you have to check twice because there are many phishing links and website promoted by the hackers. So we have to be very careful by double checking the website address very carefully.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:31:48 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

The safetiness of your account or your coins will be always depending to the wallet or exchanger you are placing your coins so always choose a holder depending on the majority of users who are using the current wallet or exchanger you are interested.
Mostly this factor isn’t considered as valuable but this comes as secondary things to do. Besides selection of best coin to your effort is important though but this has an equal importance but just comes at secondary priority. One must be knowing about the exchanges and the coins that you are going to deal with. Best of the exchanges must be selected so that you would be kept safe from hackers.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 10:34:43 AM

Investing in crypto currency is very safe compare to investing in stocks. The broker might run away and take away your funds. In crypto, you handle your money, you are your own bank teller. You can transfer your crypto from exchange to exchange or exchange to wallet address.

Becoming geek and becoming aware to all kinds of crypto hacking schemes will make your funds safe.
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:23:49 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

Yes there are a lot of hackers everywhere that is the disadvantage of the internet they are easily tp be hacked because they are human made so absolutely human can also overdrive it. That is why there is an offline wallet where ypu can store al of you holdings in there without worrying if that is gonna be hacked because that is an offline that cannot be hacked. And luckily there are no people yet that can hack the whole system of the bitcoins
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:34:43 PM

yes, hackers may be the one thing that should be done a very serious handling and this is a homework that should be completed by the exchange site manager because of course this would be very detrimental. the level of security of the exchange site may be the point of the problem so that it can easily be hacked by hackers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Aristus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:39:56 PM

Such kind of unexpected scenario was really alarming to the investors when it comes to the measure of security and it can create doubts. But as we can see this is not happened to all in many ICO so for me no need to worry about this too much. This kind of situation is always possible since everything is process through computer. I think the only helpful act is to secure the system that can track down the hackers.
zebrabounties

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:37:20 PM

This is what decentralized world offers, there is no anybody in charge, so everybody is responsible for its own self , and its own wealth. And have to be very careful and understand how things work in blockchain and stuff. This will help the prevention to be hacked or scammed.
Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:35:31 PM

Never tell me about the wallet you are using to store some bitcoin or altcoin because it's a very important factor to keep from being hacked. Simply, never tell a private key to anyone.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:06:21 PM

We are never safe, and we will never be safe. Even in real life, or should I in person we can never assure the safety of our money in our banks despite the fact that is it already inside the banks. Even when we are outside our houses, we are prone to those snatcher or anything that steals from us. Everything is a risks. So far, the best thing we could do is to really be careful and try to invest on anti hacker systems.
Yeah you right. risk is always around us including our investment and our money. all we have to do is be careful and prevent the risk to happening. prevent with what? for example if you save bitcoin then you should keep it in a safe wallet like hardware wallet or if you keep it in online you should add 2fa
We must make safety as the highest priority and be vigilant, be guarded all the time with the necessary knowledge on how to not be fooled by scammers and hackers. As the technology is evolving, they are also upgrading their styles of targeting of who they can victimize. We are all vulnerable to fraudulent activities, but we can prevent these from happening if we allow ourselves to be cautious in what or who we are dealing with.
Chacha1000

Activity: 645
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:08:55 PM

Its just alarming the rate at which hackers invade in people' s wallet especially those that fill fake airdrops form . Let us just be careful of what we fill and we can also get ledger wallet
bongnor531

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:48:03 PM

We cant hide from hackers and scammers. They are all over in the cryptoworld and it is well known world for them. Securuty is our own risk we need to pay attention to our devices and internet traffick.You should have a hardwerwallet and never tell your private key to anyone! Bookmark your wallet URL. Be your own guardian angel!
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:49:20 PM

I would say hackers are everywhere and they can not stop running the crypto currencies because they know very it's anonymous nature is leading factor for them. They kind of get extra layer of protection. Anyway with some research they can be caught.

About the precautions . .

1. You should store your tokens and/or coins in the wallet for which you hold the private keys.
2. Obviously store these private keys in safe place and I would suggest that you should save them in the offline password manager.
3. Never ever go to link of your wallet from different websites, chats etc. Always bookmark your wallet website link.
4. Using the hardware wallet is advisable but looking at the cost you may prefer focusing on the first three points.
5. Storing the tokens on exchanger is worst idea. Hence follow the rules 1, 2 & 3.
5. Do not use public internet and I am pretty sure if you access wallets like that then you will loose your money.

That's all I know and I follow.

I totally do agree with you on these simple steps.  It is an obvious fact that hackers are all around us and hence the need to save our bitcoin in a very secured wallet.

The 5 five simple steps you highlighted above are all that is needed to be safe from hackers.
I think this is one of the fee reasons why a personal computer is better than using a public network for transactions.

DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:15:55 PM

We have to live in this world where there are so many dishonest people who make money on every person they can deceive. There is no sense in giving up crypto only because of scammers and hackers. It depends on you where to invest and how to keep your money safe.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:27:44 PM

Cryptocurrencies, at the moment, are as safe as they can be. Do not forget, cryptocurrencies are a technological invention, and just as any other technology, scammers are working very hard to bring it down or manipulate it. However, im sure the very brains behind cryptocurrencies are also    many steps ahead in trying to ensure that cryptocurrency investments are safe. so we need not worry. Cryptocurrencies will continue to be safe. AT least safe from hacks.
darkangel020716

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:14:05 PM

Cryptocurrencies, at the moment, are as safe as they can be. Do not forget, cryptocurrencies are a technological invention, and just as any other technology, scammers are working very hard to bring it down or manipulate it. However, im sure the very brains behind cryptocurrencies are also    many steps ahead in trying to ensure that cryptocurrency investments are safe. so we need not worry. Cryptocurrencies will continue to be safe. AT least safe from hacks.

Crypto currency is still safe because of the people whos behind it, they ensure the safety of the users and investors so that hackers and other criminals cant get in easily, no need to worry about those thugs they will never control the flow in crypto.
tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:47:38 PM

It is really safe in the block chain but in our hand we can't say it is safe because sometimes we put it in a wrong place that can lead to the scammers. So we better put it in a good place like the notes or flash drive to prevent of getting scammed. So we must keep our wallet in a private secure place to avoid that thing.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
Leomarco

Activity: 434

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 09:07:50 AM

if we can take good care of our wallet and our computer then it will be safe. which is important how we keep our wallet and be careful. Dont be afraid of hackers.  The important is keep your wallet and pc and your internet connection with safely.

KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:12:53 AM

Scammers and hackers are one of the reasons why cryptocurrencies are extremely risky investment. Before we put our money, we should have a lot of knowledge about what is happening for us to secure our profits.
NewRanger

Activity: 1554
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 09:14:45 AM

if we can take good care of our wallet and our computer then it will be safe. which is important how we keep our wallet and be careful. Dont be afraid of hackers.  The important is keep your wallet and pc and your internet connection with safely.
and hacker can attack exchanger, like happen to coinrail today.so its very adviced to safe our balance in wallet that we hold the private key.we must improve our security level in wallet and computer.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:54:53 AM

All of the times the exchanges gets hacked and not the cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies cannot be hacked themselves. Moreoover, individuals can lose their money to hackers due to phishing, etc., so its advisable to always stay alert, be cautious against these phishing attempts and always keep your cryptos in their respective wallets instead of keeping them in exchanges.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: