Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:30:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: With Hackers everywhere, How safe is Cryptocurrency?  (Read 4472 times)
dankboner83

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:55:46 AM

It is not really safe to be honest.
Cryptocurrency itself is safe but all the platforms and devices we use are vulnerable.
I have 2 accounts on exchanges getting hacked.
The first one I tried to take most out of them and deactive all the accounts that used the same emails to avoid they getting further. But not really long after that, I got the second one hacked so I realize its something on my computer.
I would suggest to be careful when you click on links on the Internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:46:00 AM

Any system or program has its vulnerabilities.If hackers will take You then be sure that they will get what they are looking for.To reduce the risk of losing their funds should,if possible,visit only familiar sites and try not to download suspicious files
It is one of a must thing to do when you are doing things or businesses in the internet or online because you need to be safe and very careful on the things that you are trying to do in the internet, do not use your primary device in random surfing in the internet and just use another device to avoid unnecessary things to happen.
jiryuksan

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:36:41 PM

You have nothing to worry if you secure your account properly. Keep your codes and passwords plus wallet keys on a safe place and be sure to use 2Fa authenticators so that it will be hard for hackers to open your account.
Hackers are always there, looking for loopholes to take your money. This is not just cryptocurrency. But in all life. Therefore, save your coins / tokens in the wallet that have a private key. Then save with the maximum level of security, and avoid using public online. Accessing the internet with a personal computer. And do not enter your wallet via web links. This can be the entrance of the hacker. Also save offline. Hackers are never careless, so we must be vigilant.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:30:52 PM

You have nothing to worry if you secure your account properly. Keep your codes and passwords plus wallet keys on a safe place and be sure to use 2Fa authenticators so that it will be hard for hackers to open your account.
Hackers are always there, looking for loopholes to take your money. This is not just cryptocurrency. But in all life. Therefore, save your coins / tokens in the wallet that have a private key. Then save with the maximum level of security, and avoid using public online. Accessing the internet with a personal computer. And do not enter your wallet via web links. This can be the entrance of the hacker. Also save offline. Hackers are never careless, so we must be vigilant.

Cryptocurrencies are not safe with hackers. We have to take the risk of storing coins in online wallets but if we use any hardware wallets, hackers won't able to access it.
Anyways its right nothing is saved from 
Hackers hands recently I heard excellent news hash got hacked and the stole a lot of coins.
suburban123

Activity: 248
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:59:34 PM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?

To date, cryptocurrency wallets are protected as much as their owner is protected. A crypto computer application installed on your computer or smartphone can be compromised if cybercriminals steal data to enter. For theft, they can use malicious applications, spyware, phishing and other standard methods of attack. Recently, researchers have discovered a new version of the extortion program, which steals data from cryptocurrency wallets and other confidential information.
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:05:40 PM

First of all search for a secure wallet to protect your funds. It is better to secure a hard copy of all the information in your wallet, social media was very prone to hacking so avoid storing the information to your social media account. Also, when receiving emails, filter it. always check if the link included was not suspicious or rather ignore these messages and the golden rule, don't talk to strangers especially about the information.

That's right! Those are the essential steps to follow, as it will make the hacker's life impossible when trying to get access to your cryptocurrency funds. You’ll have to be as discreet as possible, to avoid bringing unwanted attention from hackers. By never disclosing your funds, and personal information, as well as making use of hardware wallets like the Trezor or Ledger Nano S, you can feel confident that your cryptocurrency funds are safe.

Sometimes, we as human beings, are the flaw existent within any security system. No matter how safe a cryptocurrency or hardware wallet is designed to be, if we make a mistake by sharing our private keys, or even disclosing our balances, we'll get easily hacked and our funds will be stolen with no point of return. Therefore, in all means, cryptocurrencies are as safe as you want them to be. The more knowledgeable you are about the subject, the better as you'll be able to further protect your cryptocurrency funds against the latest hacks or threats. Wink

glaszy

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:41:58 PM

I'm a newbie and that's what I'm afraid of, hackers. But getting here like that the police are increasingly investigating reports of hackers who are using deception, at least that makes me feel a little relieved. Inevitably I have to protect and prevent myself from that
itsik78

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:18:18 PM

I would say hackers are everywhere and they can not stop running the crypto currencies because they know very it's anonymous nature is leading factor for them. They kind of get extra layer of protection. Anyway with some research they can be caught.

About the precautions . .

1. You should store your tokens and/or coins in the wallet for which you hold the private keys.
2. Obviously store these private keys in safe place and I would suggest that you should save them in the offline password manager.
3. Never ever go to link of your wallet from different websites, chats etc. Always bookmark your wallet website link.
4. Using the hardware wallet is advisable but looking at the cost you may prefer focusing on the first three points.
5. Storing the tokens on exchanger is worst idea. Hence follow the rules 1, 2 & 3.
5. Do not use public internet and I am pretty sure if you access wallets like that then you will loose your money.

That's all I know and I follow.

I would also add the point - to make two-factor authentication via SMS to get text passwords for confirming transactions and logging into accounts.

Selectively approach apps on Google Play and the App Store
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:16:30 PM

Hackers now - this is one of the main problems for holders of crypto currency. If earlier they simply hacked various sites simply because of interest, then with the advent of the crypto currency, this acquired a significant mercenary interest, sometimes measured in tens of millions of dollars. Therefore, hacker attacks will only grow with time. This is also facilitated by the use of the Internet for these crimes. Hackers can be in any country and even move around in different countries, which greatly complicates their search, given the existing slow bureaucratic system of law enforcement.
liliano

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:42:41 AM

I think Crypto wallet is very safe from theft attacks or hackers let alone a wallet in the form of hardware like Trezor, the operation is quite easy.
permatasai

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:58:28 AM

hackers are very smart at finding bugs on a website, apps, tablet or pc. hackers will exploit, spread malware, viruses and some with the aim of controlling targets and stealing important data from us. actually they cannot hack us if we are not careless on the internet, like not clicking on a phishing website, always updating antivirus, when logging in, make sure it's the original website that makes us safe in playing crypto
bongnor531

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:25:07 AM

You will be always out at risk in terms of scammers especially in the crypto world where it is quite easy to fraud, and a lot of people do so unfortunately. Better to be aware and try to avoid them
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:30:48 AM

Hackers now - this is one of the main problems for holders of crypto currency. If earlier they simply hacked various sites simply because of interest, then with the advent of the crypto currency, this acquired a significant mercenary interest, sometimes measured in tens of millions of dollars. Therefore, hacker attacks will only grow with time. This is also facilitated by the use of the Internet for these crimes. Hackers can be in any country and even move around in different countries, which greatly complicates their search, given the existing slow bureaucratic system of law enforcement.

Yes hackers are the problems and from that hackers market's will gain good reputation due to their security system that cannot be easily penetrated by those black hat.
MaryClark12

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:42:46 AM

You should invest your efforts to learn English, Japanese, Korean. In those countries, the growth of cryptos is robust; they can bring you many projects to finance.
ernoo

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:34:31 AM

That is a very good thing at least, that most exchanges being hacked pay back the losses to the investors.
baby02

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:00:19 AM

In cryptocurrency their is no such thing as safe here, cryptocurrency is very risky, and you must take the risk in order to succedd, one of the risk is hackers, we can't stop hackers and their anonymous all we have to do is transact with extra careful to avoid scam and being hack.
TheWolf666

Activity: 615
Merit: 154

CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 09:38:20 AM

Wallets are risky, hackers are aware on how restore a wallet and get the coins... So never have a wallet with money on it. Better use an exchange to store your money. Or copy the wallet on a USB stick, connect it and sync it when you want to use it, then disconnect it. Never have a wallet on your phone.

MadisonWood1212

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:01:39 AM

Nowadays, when there are so many hackers, the programmers will take measures to protect the system, preventing hackers from invading the user account. But users need to protect their personal and account information. Do not download any software that you find unsafe and do not click on links with strange domain names, maybe hackers use these tricks to take away your IP network.
kidamazo

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:00:15 AM

Its no longer news that an ICO in Japan has lost over $400 million to hackers. They promised to pay back investors who invested in their ICO. Thsi is a huge loss. After I read that news, I began to wonder. How safe is Bitcoin and Other altcoins? What measures should we take to avoid being hacked ?
Cryptocurrency is still safe so far because even the last event with route administrative ride-on wallet McAfee, the hackers are still not able to get the exact money from that wallet, so we are safe so far.
Henry Sy

Activity: 193
Merit: 83

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:00:27 AM

Nothing is totally protected. Regardless of whether you have the cash in excess of one wallet, or if the secret word is scrambled, lamentably we will stay powerless against this kind of robbery of assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: