Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:38:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue with slot on MSI Z270-A Pro  (Read 82 times)
rubenhak (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:37:06 AM

Hi everybody,

New to this forum and to mining in general. I managed to build a 6 GPU Nvidia (1070 + 1070Ti) mining rig using MSI Z270-A Pro motherboard. For some reason the PCIe x1 slot number 5 does not detect the GPU in Windows 10. I tried swapping multiple risers but still does not help. I put the same card into a different slot and it does work. I tried another card into the slot number 5 and it does not get recognized. But I can see the card in the MSI BIOS board menu.

Tried following settings:
- Integrated graphics: on/off
- PCIe speed: Gen 1/2/Auto
- 4G/Mining support: enabled

Currently the rig is working with 5 cards. I'd appreciate help with making the 6th card work. Ideally I'd like to run 7 cards on this rig. 6 using pcie slots and 1 on M.2 to PCIe card. I have just ordered this card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074Z5YKXJ/. If you guys have any experience with this I'd appreciate some input. From what i've learned so far is that this card should not be powered since it will draw the power from the powered pcie riser.

If it happens so the PCIe slot number 5 is not working I might want to use a PCIe multiplier card instead. Cant find a card with enough positive reviews. Would also appreciate some input on this.

Thank you,
Ruben

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: