Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:39:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Philippines SEC Plans to Regulate Cryptocurrencies, ICOs  (Read 316 times)
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:17:31 AM

Well, that's good.. Philippine government was just concerned of its people who invest in Bitcon. They are open minded about bitcoin not because they don't totally knew it..doesnt mean illegal. It is their job to protect their people so let us let them do their job.Regulating is good than banning.
I know the Philippines is a country with a very well developed cryptocurrency market and its government is also open to the use and exchange of crypto. The research and development of an ICO project shows that the Philippine government is really serious about this. I believe that with the backing of the government the ICO project will be a great success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cherryfer

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:21:22 AM

The Philippines’ Securities and Exchange Commission said on Monday it is crafting rules to regulate cryptocurrency transactions to protect investors and reduce the risk of fraud.

The regulation, which will cover issuance and registration of cryptocurrencies, is expected to be finalized this year, said Emilio Aquino, SEC commissioner in charge of enforcement and investor protection, according to Reuters.>>> Link for the source https://t.co/QnDpl32hXo

That's  good for protection of many Filipino user, but when we say regulating for the sake of our protection is to become lesser income because there is a tax involve right? that's why many people are discourage for this regulation, because the main common goal of bitcoin is to help the people from poverty and make it easier in terms of Digital processing to become hassle.  
JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:31:15 AM
Merited by spiritguardcharles (1)

The Philippine government has a lot of things to recover and enhance this time. They keep making nonsense decisions instead of focusing on much important things here in our country. For me, they doing these thing because bitcoin and other crypto dont have taxes that they can corrupt.
doodle07

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:34:05 AM

Its nice to hear that, it only shows that Philippines is aware and protecting its people who invested in bitcoin, its better to regulate than banning it.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Arwinkim

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 02:36:02 AM

crypto currency will be more and more regulated by countries where most of investors are there. That's a good thing because investors must be protected from fraud at any cost
cryptotricks

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:44:39 AM

Regulating the Cryptos and ICO's are the good thing to do. This way government can impose a tax on it and people will be able to invest on it without any legal fears.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:59:10 AM

That is a very good motion by SEC not only for the security of the investors but also the welfare of bounty hunters. As to investors, their money will always be in good hands ang bounty hunters will not waste their time and efforts spend throughout the ico.

Yankae

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:05:57 AM

The Philippines’ Securities and Exchange Commission said on Monday it is crafting rules to regulate cryptocurrency transactions to protect investors and reduce the risk of fraud.

The regulation, which will cover issuance and registration of cryptocurrencies, is expected to be finalized this year, said Emilio Aquino, SEC commissioner in charge of enforcement and investor protection, according to Reuters.>>> Link for the source https:/[Suspicious link removed]/QnDpl32hXo

I think philippines did a wise decision,it is a good sign for all the filipino who's in bitcoin.Although theres some regulation that would implement but it's quite better than completely banning it.Their government might seen a possible effect of bitcoin for its people,i just hope that their banks also consider bitcoin.
Nicole888

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:07:44 AM

I think this is good news. When there is a bill, the acceptability of BTC is also relative to the increase, and it is also a guarantee for the owner
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:08:22 AM

The regulation, which will cover issuance and registration of cryptocurrencies, is expected to be finalized this year, said Emilio Aquino, SEC commissioner in charge of enforcement and investor protection, according to Reuters.>>> Link for the source https://t.co/QnDpl32hXo
Philippines government saw the potential of bitcoin in their economic growth since it encourage lot's of opportunities for income and investement to many people this maybe the reason why they are planning to regulate bitcoin so that their people will be protected against illegal activities involving bitcoin and can monitor those projects before letting their people invest on it.

vinc3

Activity: 309
Merit: 251

Make Love Not War

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:14:43 AM

This will eventually make more investor to put in money, for surely they will feel safer in by doing so. The thing about crypto is that can make you gain in exponential amount if you really know what you are doing. I am very positive that they will further support crypto for they know that it is helping a lot of their countrymen where in you don't need a degree to earn in cryptocurrency.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Pumapipa

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:21:27 AM

This is a very good news to Filipino investors in ICO. I do hope that the regulations that they are formulating will be for the benefit of users and not one sided policy that only government can be sole beneficiary. I speculate that with "regulation" comes the dreaded TAX. This is the part that I do not like.
I hope that they can track down people who are using bitcoin as springboard to networking or pyramiding schemes (it doesn't work that way!)
At the end of the day, we must always be careful where we invest our fiat to crypto money in. Always do research before initiating investment.
Looking forward to a favorable set of guidelines for us users.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:31:20 AM

Good that the Philippines is taking an extra step to protect their own citizens on protecting them against potential scam and investment schemes. So far the Philippines have been supportive with users of Bitcoin as they only issue warnings about where you pay your Bitcoin as there are many criminals who want to get it. Seeing that the Philippines have two official Bitcoin wallets namely Coins.Ph and Rebit you will know that they are also taking things seriously with their regulation as both wallet providers have verification processes required by the government.
yanesna3

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:28:23 AM

You can thank mostly to all the idiots that bought obvious scams and got their life savings took away from them because they listened to the advice of some 17 year old on the internet with a youtube channel (real history, for example, all the idiots that lost a lot of money thanks to buying Bitconnect because "CryptoNick", a 17 year old youtuber, was pumping Bitconnect daily, among others).

The question is: Should the state protect idiots from scammers by ruining the free flow of money and therefore making things harder for legit projects? or does this more harm than good because eventually idiots will always lose their money to scams no matter what? where do you draw a line?

I think that the state will not be able to protect the idiots from scammers. Now you can not trust advertising. You need to choose where to invest your money.
Steadfast20

Activity: 104
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:37:14 AM

I am happy that they didnt ban bitcoin in our country but instead the reverse of it. They fully support cryptocurrency in our country and planning to regulate it. This is a good news to us Filipino who are earning with bitcoin. I hope this will continue.

BetHash - Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS & more! ☞ Play Lottery | Play Dice | Get Referral Bonus[/center
swordling143

Activity: 360

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:40:04 AM

This is a good news indeed. The good thing about the Philippine people is how functional they are when it comes to technology. Like Twitter for example, I've read somewhere that the most users of it are from Philippines. That's why it would be a good idea to have some law or rules when it comes to cryptocurrencies to avoid problems.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:43:12 AM

I think that especially in the Philippines bitcoin can be a very important factor for many people.
Poverty is high, and earning options low. Crypto currencies in a regulated form can help the people to make their lifes better.
And the regulations are really neede so that the poorest won't get scammed for the little money they have.

It's me!!!
Jannalsieh

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:51:30 AM

This is a very good news that will support and encourage a lot of investors of cryptocurrency in the country. With regulation from SEC every single one of investors is sure that the digital currency will not be banned, but just regulated.
And am pretty much hopeful and looking forward to a more convenient centers that accepts transaction using crypto

Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:53:29 AM

I think the Philippines' regulation of ICO is a good thing.
Because many filipinos KYC information is the leaked, when the ban after the ICO, so will the KYC information not worth money, and means that the legal regulation is to admit that the encryption is legal in the cryptocurrency market.

anushkasachith888 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:59:16 PM

Yes it is indeed a good news, now I am expecting to move to Philippines to gain the full benefits of Crypto is Philippines. no need to go to Japan, USA or Europe. Philippines is the answer.  lol.. Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: