Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Password  (Read 3029 times)
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:00:35 PM

There is no forgot password in this Myetherwallet.
It is better to save those information on notepad (multiple).
Private key is one of the primary thing to access the wallet, you should save that too.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:06:42 PM

If you are using myetherwallet, your need to use password will be nil! You really do not need password to unlock your wallet with mew since your coin is not saved on any server, mew only give you access to interact with  ethereum blockchain, your password is onpy needed to rap your private key of which you can decide not yo use password!
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 05:12:12 PM

If you lost your password,  there is no way you can retrieve it.  You are the only one responsible for the key.  It is better you write the private key somewhere in a notebook before you lose it.

thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 05:53:28 PM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!

If you forgot your password, that's fine as long as you keep your private key.  Because among those two between password and private key is much more important than to it. if you remember the time you created an address on your MEW there is a password creation then you need to download the key file and next was private key which is you need to save and keep it, right?
Crypt0BHunter

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 07:16:01 PM

Really?! Sorry body no one will help you unless you have used a very stupid password and it could be brootforced, than somebody already took care of your funds

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Sama517

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 08:18:35 PM

I forgot my MyEtherWallet password. I don't see "forgot password" in MyEtherWallet website. Is this means that I can't change my password anymore? Anyone have suggestions about this matter? Kindly share it to me please. Thanks!
I believe you saw these warnings during the creation of your wallet that the system does not keep your password. The only option is to try to locate your private keys.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:01:11 PM

There are several ways to access tokens stored in MEW, including through the saved Json file at the time you create your wallet. When you access MEW with the Json file, you are prompted for the password you entered when creating the wallet. If you have lost your password, you can still access the wallet through your private key that the MEW provides when you create a new wallet.
minttop

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:42:34 PM

I usually don't use access with file and I am not sure if it is a common way to unlock mew and idex.
I prefer private key or metamask.
For me it is more easy way

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
NORD YGGDRASIL

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:43:37 PM

If you mean that you have lost your private key from the wallet, then no way to restore access to your money no longer exists, because a private key is the only thing that can give you the ability to manage your money and if you lost it - this means that you are have no more any way to get your money back.
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:13:56 PM

When you created your wallet using mew you should save your password for keystore file and private key. Without password you can't access the keystore file. But if you saved your private key everything is good, then. 
sends1

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2018, 10:17:11 PM

There is no password, only the private key used to access Mew You. if you don't have or reserve it, it won't return your account. when you make mew, the preset is reserved first by writing the private key in the notebook
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:22:14 PM

If you forget your password, you will not be able to enter your wallet. They don't have the "forgot password"feature. I'll say, or remember, or just forget about the coins you had in that purse.

temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 11:23:12 PM

This is more reason one needs to be very careful with every security details, because they are very essential.
I can't imagine someone who has huge amount of portfolio and now looses the security details of the wallet. Which means it is gone and cannot be access again.
Apart from the issue of not saving the security details, it should be saved on two different places: in a note and on flash drive.
JPablo

Activity: 221

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:56:46 PM

You can't changed the password of MEW the only solution for that is to create new one and start again. If you still have your UTC file you can open it again remember when you create MEW account you have to download UTC file before you can get private key.
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 02:36:50 PM

You do not need the password to the wallet as long as you have the private keys to the wallet, if you do not have those then you are going to have to get another wallet with new passwords which would mean that if you had any coins in the previous wallet then they are all gone and you are going to have to get new coins, which is bad

Belianez

Activity: 336

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:59:20 PM

Recovery simply does not exist if you lose your private key, next time just in case print on paper and put in a remote corner, there is always a risk that the computer may something happens

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:31:07 PM

You should have kept your private key. You can't recover password with your private key everything in your waller are accessible, i hope the value of what is stored in the wallet is not much.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:44:46 PM

If you are using myetherwallet, your need to use password will be nil! You really do not need password to unlock your wallet with mew since your coin is not saved on any server, mew only give you access to interact with  ethereum blockchain, your password is onpy needed to rap your private key of which you can decide not yo use password!
I use the password and keystore file. I believe that this method is the safest because no one can get my file. even if someone knows my password, he will not be able to enter the wallet without a file

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:49:45 PM

The most popular way to access to your Ethereum wallet through MyEtherWallet is using your private key, so if you forgot it and you do not have the other methods of access, it seems like you have lost your wallet.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:51:00 PM

There is no password.

When you created wallet on Myetherwallet you got your keys, you probably save them to your PC.
Because you have used them at least once to check your balance?

So the question you must ask yourself did you ever opened your wallet after initial creation, if not there is a good chance that you never downloaded your keys in the first place.

you are giving wrong information. depending on how the account holder want to access MEW. if he is using keystore, He will need to further input the password which he has set for the account and this is what he is asking for here. i do not think you can retrieve your password but if you know the private key you can explore other options
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: