Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:27:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Litecoin is dying!  (Read 279 times)
gunsandbitcoin

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:37:58 AM

Is it true that litecoin are going to become a privacy coin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:56:49 AM

Why do you say is it dying? Litecoin has a great and promising roadmap in 2018 and is very knows as coin... . I believe 2018 will be a great year for Litecoin.
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:58:07 AM

Its been around along time and steady for a dying coin.  Its one of the few that you can actually use as currency rather than just play trading with.

ASIC proof is not possible with any alt. Eventually, someone somewhere, with the correct determinations and hard work, will always find a way to mine ASIC resistant coins a lot faster. The point of ASIC proof coins is that it is much much harder to develop ASICs for it.

ASIC resistant coins make its logistically difficult to make the silicon, so you lose price or power efficiency or both.  You cant beat it with determination, if for example you need a few GB RAM to hold table space, you need the RAM and that makes for a large and expensive ASIC.  Like a GPU, after all that is what a GPU is with the specific application being graphic processing.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:00:32 AM

Why do you say is it dying? Litecoin has a great and promising roadmap in 2018 and is very knows as coin... . I believe 2018 will be a great year for Litecoin.

Precisely, litecoin is not dying it just so happen that btc keeps on soaring higher. I believe litecoin will pump this 2018 and you better to hold some of it. This is part of cryptocurrency and everyone I believe will pump.
christianb35

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:24:26 AM

Litecoin was meant to compete against Bitcoin, but it is using the same Blockchain technology and has the same scalability issues. There's now new coins that are much better as decentralized currency for a mass adoption, mainly RaiBlocks: https://i.imgur.com/oRpO8lc.gif

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:48:10 AM

Litecoin was meant to compete against Bitcoin, but it is using the same Blockchain technology and has the same scalability issues. There's now new coins that are much better as decentralized currency for a mass adoption, mainly RaiBlocks: https://i.imgur.com/oRpO8lc.gif

Precisely. Litecoin ended up being a clone with some adjustments, it still doesn't really impress me.
Sleeping_Mouse

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:51:19 AM

Lets first analyze Litecoin. It is different from Bitcoin in 3 major ways. It runs under a different algorithm, the block speed is much faster, but the network power is not as strong as the one of bitcoin. Back in the good ol days Litecoin was peaking at $45, but what happened now? The simplest explanation is that the hype died. Litecoin was hyped to be ASIC resistant with it’s Scrypt mining algorithm and because the confirmation arrive much faster it seemed like an improvement upon bitcoin. However, we have since seen the release of the GridSeed which is an ASIC miner for litecoin. The release of the ASIC miner ruins the hype that litecoin is in fact ASIC resistant because GridSeed proves otherwise.

The other hype that surrounded litecoin was it’s faster transaction speeds and how it must be a better network. Wrong, just because a block can be solved faster and the confirmations arrive faster does not mean that the network is faster. Think of it this way, litecoin’s blocks take 2.5 minutes to be solved on average, and bitcoin blocks take 10 minutes to be solved. So in other words, 4 litecoin confirmations = 1 bitcoin confirmation security wise. So just because a confirmation arrived earlier does not mean that the transaction is just as secure as that of a longer arriving confirmation (hope that made sense).

So since litecoin is not asic proof and faster transaction speeds do not equal the same security, the hype has died. There is no real use for litecoin now because it is just another version of bitcoin with a few differences. It falls in the category of all the other litecoins which do not have any significant difference or improvements.

How can you possibly believe that an article from 2014 is relevant to describe the current situation for LTC. Original article can be found at: https://themerkle.com/why-is-litecoin-dying/

LTC has been through many phases of growth and stagnation since, none of them necessarily indicated LTC was dying, nor does the current phase.
Litecoin has been around the block a few times and still has an army of supporters and an established development team.
Future growth for litecoin depends on the adoption for it and on the success of Bitcoin.
If Litecoin manages to be adopted by different vendors, it can fly again. In absence of great news, it will slowly decrease.

That said, the competition for LTC has increased this year, so there is a chance that LTC will start to decline from now on.
akkocoin

Activity: 117
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:57:31 AM

Litecoin will go up soon and it is the best time to invest in.
How do you predict the Litecoin will soon rise? I am still hesitant now, if this is true I will be additional investment.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:16:10 AM

I don't think litecoin is dying,it made a huge price growth when compared to the last year's price.But now the price of litecoin is falling due to bad circumstances around the cryotocurrency which is caused by tje regulation system of many countries.
but I hope the price will get normal in the coming days so it is better to buy some litecoin when it is cheaper then you can make lot of profits in future.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:30:47 AM

I don't think Litecoin will go anywhere or be gone in the next 5 years as it's constantly being developed and the lead dev is still there.
Smart contract and secure Litecoin by output address designation is also being developed.
gamatt

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:17:58 AM

Yeah, I think litecoin will keep chugging along quite nicely. 
thr3

Activity: 77
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:26:01 AM

I was a huge fan of Litecoin before the price went to the moon. If it fails just fork it for a Litecoin 2X  Grin
LTC is one of the few coins that can still be used as a medium and is constantly being developed and improved.
Mattwald

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:35:08 AM

Litecoin is not dying and won't be for a long time. Charlie is a huge figure in the crypto community and is respected greartly. His pull from Google and silicon valley is majorly undervalued and litcoin is. A great test network for Bitcoin. And I use it primarily for friend transaction s because it confirms in a few minutes. Even better then litcoin tho is annoymous transaction s l. They will be huge in the future and my fave is deeponion. Although I believe zcash will have the highest market cap.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: