Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:21:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between putting money in and taking money out?  (Read 129 times)
Cnut237 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:45:41 PM

I have a hypothetical question, triggered by the thread quoted below.

Would your answer to the question 'If you had $1 million, how much would you put into crypto?' be the same as your answer to the question 'If you had made $1 million from crypto, how much would you keep in crypto rather than cashing out?'. For simplicity disregarding any existing crypto holdings, and any existing 'real world' bank balances and assets. We are assuming that this $1 million is everything that you have. Also disregarding taxes and other complications.

If your answers are different, then why are they different? Logically they should be the same (shouldn't they?).
For me, I think the amount I would put in (the first question) is less than the amount I would keep in (the second question). I think I know why, but would like to hear other people's thoughts. Smiley

Where and how would you invest 1m dollars? What coins will you buy? Or will Huh you just put them in Bank? Huh Wink

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:52:41 PM

Would your answer to the question 'If you had $1 million, how much would you put into crypto?' be the same as your answer to the question 'If you had made $1 million from crypto, how much would you keep in crypto rather than cashing out?'. For simplicity disregarding any existing crypto holdings, and any existing 'real world' bank balances and assets. We are assuming that this $1 million is everything that you have. Also disregarding taxes and other complications.

If your answers are different, then why are they different? Logically they should be the same (shouldn't they?).
For me, I think the amount I would put in (the first question) is less than the amount I would keep in (the second question). I think I know why, but would like to hear other people's thoughts. Smiley

Where and how would you invest 1m dollars? What coins will you buy? Or will Huh you just put them in Bank? Huh Wink

First of all investing on crypto is riskier so if $1M is affordable to lose for someone then he can go and invest all that $1M into crypto market.
But keeping the money in banks is not a wose investment you can invest that money on something like real estate or gold because it is more secured when come to risk.
The answers no need to be same because $1M is big money for me and I will complete my life with that money,but for some businessman it os going to be a small capital amount so he can invest on crypto to multiply his investment.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Cnut237 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:54:20 AM

I totally agree with the point about the answer being affected by how much $1 million means to you.

I think it is an interesting question, and maybe I phrased it too imprecisely:

If your total money in the world is $1 million, then -
If it is all in crypto, how much would you convert to fiat?
If it is all in fiat, how much would you convert to crypto?

Are these two answers the same, and if not then why not?

What I am suggesting is that logically the two answers should be the same, but in practice they may not be... and there are various reasons as to why that might be the case.

Cnut237 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:00:15 PM

For me the percentages would be different.

If I had made $1 million in crypto, I would convert maybe 30% to fiat and keep 70% in crypto because I had seen it grow so much.
But if I had $1 million in fiat I would be more wary and only put maybe 30% into crypto and keep 70% in fiat.

I think the difference is a sort of inertia where I would be biased towards keeping the majority of the money where it is, and only converting a small amount into the other.

Or maybe I am just illogical Smiley

happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:27:03 PM

If i have that kind of money 50% of it will goes to crypto, i know somebody will not agree with my statement but if you already been in crypto for long, you will say that it is worth the risk. Reason why i will risk half of it is because blockchain is the next big thing whether you like it or not. The inflation rate of fiat is 2% every year and it is consistent. Crypto is volatile but if you know how to be patient you know you will never regret it. Stocks, Mutual funds and real states are good but the profit that you could earn in stocks in year could earn in crypto in just a matter of 1 month.
AgustaMod

Activity: 18
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:05:19 AM

If i have that money,i would give cryptocurrencies 40% of that,i am a business man thats why i know some basic risk management to prevent losses,but if you are going to start trading with that amount,that can go easily upto x10 or more within just few months.If you know what you are doing do it as you please but if you dont have any knowledge on how you will be able to double it i suggest learn some basic trading first.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:17:19 AM

The same amount of money but then there is a difference of how you acquire it. If you have a $1M fiat money then it may be from your retirement pay, from a business, from other investments etc. and somehow it involves hard work assuming you got it from your own business or from your retirement so you wouldn't risk that much to put into something that you don't know yet the risk. I would just put maybe 2% to test the market and then after that, if I understand the risk then maybe I would top it up.

If I made $1 million in crypto though, I would have been in the market for some time so I would know the risk involve so I would cash out half of it because a $500k capital is even big enough for me. Even a $100k is big so depending then on the potential investment opportunities that I can find how much would I left in crypto. I would like to have multiple sources of income and knowing the volatility of the crypto market, I would make sure I have pull out my initial capital and then some profits from it.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
RACallanta

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:21:15 AM

In putting money on crypto, you can get a lot posibility to get profit or your money that youll put can be increased as times .5 or times 1.5 . But if you are taking your money out of this crypto, your money theres has no posibility to increased your money as you want. For now i think this is the right time to put your money in this crypto because of the price low..

S M A R T   Q U O R U M
ANNTelegramWhitepapersmartquorum.comOnepagerDiscordTwitter
The First POS Coin To Fuel Blockchain Market Boom
STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:37:45 AM

If I invested 1 million dollars and got a profit of 1 million dollars, then I would deduce 50% of the earned money in fiat. And then I put it into another business. My opinion, no matter how much you invested, if you made a profit of 100%, you need to deduce the amount that you invested in order not to lose anything. And with the rest of the amount to continue to engage in trade.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: