Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Office Computers when Idle  (Read 152 times)
chard420 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:15:34 PM

My office management has given permission to run mining when the computers aren't being used for a percent cut. I'm looking to GPU mine ETH UBQ and maybe some ZEN and CPU mine either XMR or SUMO.

Couple of things I wanna know or if anyone has have luck with
-Scheduling restarts to boot into mining when the office is empty (end of the day) and doing the same in the morning to stop the mining just before the work day starts
- making it so when the computer is sitting not being used after a certain time it starts mining, Ceasing once it is woken from "sleep"

We obviously run on a server with UAC, AD, Etc and it can be accessed somewhat. I have managed to get other machines mining on the network with no issue looking to upscale and maximize idle time from these computers as they're always left on.

Any Tips, walkthroughs, links to how to's would be amazing
Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
amerrigan

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:35:50 PM

If it's CPU you have access too, you're better off mining VeriumReserve (VRM: a cpu only coin) @ around $10 and low difficulty it's a no-brainer for those spare cycles.
chard420 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:18:34 PM

If it's CPU you have access too, you're better off mining VeriumReserve (VRM: a cpu only coin) @ around $10 and low difficulty it's a no-brainer for those spare cycles.

I have access to cpus and gpus and this wasn't a question I asked. I need them to start and stop mining at certain times and want to know if it sits idle for a period of time instead of sleeping can it mine and stop once its woken
Oxyartes

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:19:50 PM

I don't know if your boss will like that...... Lips sealed
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:32:11 PM

Well obviously you want to disable all the power management features of all the systems and just set up task scheduler to load the mining software at a certain time, say 6pm. You can schedule a restart at 7am so the system is clean and ready for the employees when they arrive ready to plug away for the man.
amerrigan

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:51:48 PM

Windows scheduled task, + .bat file with the commands needed to launch the miner (and stop it) at certain times of day (or idle).

or

purchase "awesome miner" and install the clients on to each machine you want to (remotely) manage.

I'm guessing the office GPU's will be crap for mining as they generally aren't meant to play games, office CPU's will probably yield more altcoins (i.e. VRM).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: