Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cyyptonight CPU Mining with i686?  (Read 105 times)
strangerhacks (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:45:44 PM

Where I live we don't pay for hydro, most of this is solar and the rest is supplied for us by the landlord and I have a TON of old computers and some laptops, I started running MinerGate just because of how easy it is to start the Cyyptonight algorithm with CPUs, you just make an account, download the miner, bingo Bango, done, I'm mining Dash, Monero, and on my systems with dedicated graphics Zcash.

Now the problem I've run into is I have all the "Windows Visa era" computers up and running just fine, but as soon as I got into the "Windows XP era" computers they were all 32bit so I figured Windows 7 32bit would be fine but it won't install, keeps giving me some error about not having enough RAM (all systems are maxed out at the 4gb 32bit supports) so I did some digging around and apparently i686 processors aren't supported or something?

I tried Lubuntu on two systems now, both with i686 Pentium 4's, one is 2.4ghz, one is 2.8ghz, tried with CPUMiner-Multi and two different revisions of it from other devs and nothing works, every time it won't complete the "sudo make install" command in terminal and tells me there is no files to install.

Did more reading and it says it's because it doesn't support i686, I've tried searching for hours now to find anything regarding mining on an i686 platform and found nothing other than one post, I think it was on Yahoo answers? Someone had the identical issue but they added these flags which both of my current systems I was testing on came up with invalid flags and the command wouldn't work, kept getting the same issue as before where it won't install.

Any suggestions? I have 6 computers up and running and I wanted to get the last 4 going, I made about $23 last week on these setups, it's really interesting to play with old hardware likethay and see it becoming useful still.

If someone could point me to a work around for getting Windows 7 32bit to install on an i686 that would be ideal, but if theres a Linux workaround for CPUMiner-Multi that works I'm not against it.
Or someway to mine cryptonight on Windows XP because that installs just fine on these old systems

Thanks for any advice

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:09:26 PM

Where I live we don't pay for hydro, most of this is solar and the rest is supplied for us by the landlord and I have a TON of old computers and some laptops, I started running MinerGate just because of how easy it is to start the Cyyptonight algorithm with CPUs, you just make an account, download the miner, bingo Bango, done, I'm mining Dash, Monero, and on my systems with dedicated graphics Zcash.

Now the problem I've run into is I have all the "Windows Visa era" computers up and running just fine, but as soon as I got into the "Windows XP era" computers they were all 32bit so I figured Windows 7 32bit would be fine but it won't install, keeps giving me some error about not having enough RAM (all systems are maxed out at the 4gb 32bit supports) so I did some digging around and apparently i686 processors aren't supported or something?

I tried Lubuntu on two systems now, both with i686 Pentium 4's, one is 2.4ghz, one is 2.8ghz, tried with CPUMiner-Multi and two different revisions of it from other devs and nothing works, every time it won't complete the "sudo make install" command in terminal and tells me there is no files to install.

Did more reading and it says it's because it doesn't support i686, I've tried searching for hours now to find anything regarding mining on an i686 platform and found nothing other than one post, I think it was on Yahoo answers? Someone had the identical issue but they added these flags which both of my current systems I was testing on came up with invalid flags and the command wouldn't work, kept getting the same issue as before where it won't install.

Any suggestions? I have 6 computers up and running and I wanted to get the last 4 going, I made about $23 last week on these setups, it's really interesting to play with old hardware likethay and see it becoming useful still.

If someone could point me to a work around for getting Windows 7 32bit to install on an i686 that would be ideal, but if theres a Linux workaround for CPUMiner-Multi that works I'm not against it.
Or someway to mine cryptonight on Windows XP because that installs just fine on these old systems

Thanks for any advice

Once I tried to mine on an old PC with Athlon x2 250 on Win XP 32 bit.
I used the jhPrimeminer-T17v2 and the jhprotominer as well as their modifications.
Obtained PTS Protoshares and XMP Primecoin.
Perhaps, some of this will help you.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL