Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:07:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Profitability of the new bfl monarchs (600ghs)  (Read 10280 times)
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:52:40 PM

Most likely they will deliver after 1-2 years, so expected profit is -99.999% of invested capital.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 01:14:31 AM

Most likely they will deliver after 1-2 years, so expected profit is -99.999% of invested capital.

This is all by DESIGN ..the pre-order is a convieneant way to lock your money up so that it does not hash and keep the diff low for them

When there is nothing left u may get your equipment..proudly brought to you by CONMASTERS INC

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 02:28:31 AM

This is all by DESIGN ..the pre-order is a convieneant way to lock your money up so that it does not hash and keep the diff low for them

Any pre-order now is indeed a slap in the face to all past and future miners.

First you are giving an interest free loan.

2nd you are now giving the needed funding to make the people you are pre-ordering from your direct competition towards network growth.

And finally if they do not deliver you are assuming all the risk.

So why pre-order unless you wish to support the company of choice.

As was said many times. The prices that these guys are asking do not properly reflect the amount of risk you are taking as an investor.
You are funding their operation with less return at the end for your efforts.

Edit: this goes for all company's asking the general public to fund their research and development, with a zero interest free loan.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:05:46 PM

At the same time - I've been mulling over the monarch - but I guess it's way too late to purchase them now as they only have January shipment dates =/

There's also the cointerra - they look pretty good too =)

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 12:26:27 PM

When there is nothing left u may get your equipment..proudly brought to you by CONMASTERS INC

+1

Lol

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 12:28:02 PM

At the same time - I've been mulling over the monarch - but I guess it's way too late to purchase them now as they only have January shipment dates =/

There's also the cointerra - they look pretty good too =)

Jump in man , you never know if you never go !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
waltermot321

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 01:24:54 PM

Lets assume this time they are right on time (0.0001% chance), yes it would ROI base on 30% difficulty increment but not 40%.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 01:59:57 PM

Lets assume this time they are right on time (0.0001% chance), yes it would ROI base on 30% difficulty increment but not 40%.

No, it's a 0% chance. Zero. Nada. Impossible for them to ship it on time.

Buy & Hold
Xelpherpolis

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:33:16 PM

To be honest BFL will do this to you, delay the orders, make a few stories up, but will hash with the hardware themselves, wait for the diff to increase a bit, then hand you what you ordered, after they have hashed a mint on there own private pool.
Radelderth

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 05:47:58 AM

Lets trust them for one last time Tongue, and remember to use credit card (easier to get refund) instead of BTC or paypal...

GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:07:53 PM

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

BFL fooled everyone once with the FPGAs, Then fooled everyone .....well I lost count how many times with first gen. ASICs,(currently still fooling people). And now they are giving you a third chance to be fooled by them....are people really that stupid....unfortunately, it looks that way.

If this "BitPay processes $1 Million BTC order for BFL" was a real investor order... or customer as they like to deceive.  Anyone that has a Monarch order is really screwed. You can bet your ass the purchaser got a discount and will be given special treatment.
TheDragonSlayer

Activity: 273

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 09:33:24 AM

BFL fooled everyone once with the FPGAs, Then fooled everyone .....well I lost count how many times with first gen. ASICs,(currently still fooling people). And now they are giving you a third chance to be fooled by them....are people really that stupid....unfortunately, it looks that way.

If this "BitPay processes $1 Million BTC order for BFL" was a real investor order... or customer as they like to deceive.  Anyone that has a Monarch order is really screwed. You can bet your ass the purchaser got a discount and will be given special treatment.

BFL just need to fool the whole world once is enough for them to make ton of money.

high110

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 02:15:14 AM

BFL just need to fool the whole world once is enough for them to make ton of money.

They already made their money from us - but they're going to be making money from whole lot of fresh faces!

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Klubknuckle

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 01:03:21 PM

They already made their money from us - but they're going to be making money from whole lot of fresh faces!

People need to do some research before they buy something from company.. But oh well...

high110

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 10:24:33 PM

People need to do some research before they buy something from company.. But oh well...

Debating about Cointerra.... They seem to be on the ball...although the charged their December shipment 13k.  6k for the January shipment might still be worth it...so I buy or just invest in BTC....Buy 28 BTC...or this machine...what to do...

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Dorrace (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:18:13 AM

i just recieved my jalapenis feels good man even though its worthless now, kicking myself even more because i sold about 15 bitcoin 3 months ago which would be worth a fuck load right now
jrodder
Copper Member

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 02:10:15 PM

Count me as one of those saps who figured an upgrade would give some hope of being able to mine. What worse is I used BTC to do it! In a fiat sense, it would be ok once the fiat conversion of BTC rises. But certainly not when everything is denominated in BTC. I'm hedged between holding actual coin, mining stocks and hopefully a miner that gets delivered sometime SOON. Been beating up on myself for doing it. Heck, the SINGLE order was 93 BTC at the time. That's one expensive piece of vaporware.

/rant
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:53:55 PM

Count me as one of those saps who figured an upgrade would give some hope of being able to mine. What worse is I used BTC to do it! In a fiat sense, it would be ok once the fiat conversion of BTC rises. But certainly not when everything is denominated in BTC. I'm hedged between holding actual coin, mining stocks and hopefully a miner that gets delivered sometime SOON. Been beating up on myself for doing it. Heck, the SINGLE order was 93 BTC at the time. That's one expensive piece of vaporware.

/rant

Ouch, you poured almost $30K into the BFL hole.  Sad

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:48:53 PM

BFL is going delay as usual. And they need to because why would they hand over "xyz" amount of Terra Hash all at once into the network?

The ones who will make money are the 1st orders as how the 5ghz asic jalapeno 1st came out.

Its also another reason why on ebay, the 5ghz were worth like 8 times the value.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 09:07:16 PM

This card will be negative ROI once it arrives.   Mark my words.  The question is what is an acceptable loss?   -100% ROI to ROI?   You will be within in this band so only exchange rate speculation may bail you out.    Before BFL hits, expect another 8-14 PETAHASH to come online so make sure you figure the difficulty well over 1 billion.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: