Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:40:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the new merit system?  (Read 918 times)
Nureni

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:35:43 PM

The new system will reduce spamming and more quality post will be posted on the forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stan_

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Blockchain Pensions Infrastructure

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:37:44 PM

What are your thoughts, do you like the new merit system?

My thoughts on this score are as follows. that now it will be very difficult to climb the ranks of those who sit on the forum for their pleasure and who have no friends. Soon people will stop placing merits just like that.

Bit Tuka

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:40:33 PM

I personally don't like the new merit system. But I think that it also somewhat allows the moderator to prevent people who just spam or post comment without much sense. However, it affects everyone thus it's harder to rank up now.
Bit Tuka

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:42:07 PM

It also bothers me that even if you are trying your best to really be careful in posting and making it a quality post, no one gives out merits so you are stuck in your current rank.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:43:04 PM

I don't like the system,  I think it needs a lot of improvements. Merits are given by people who have smerit,  but nobody can make them give it to you even if you have written the best text in the world. I like the idea,  but it is so raw and under worked.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:23:03 PM
Merited by GR92 (3)

I think, that the new merit system is real crap(
I believe,that the managers wanted to make something useful...But it's not good result(
Miz

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:15:08 PM

On the one hand, this idea is rational, because a lot of people have entered the forum in recent months. If they all began to raise ranks, the situation would not be very pleasant, especially in bounty campaigns. But on the other hand, to raise the rank now - almost impossible task. For example, I need ninety merits to get the next rank. Need I to create ninety useful themes for it?
burntheevidence12

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:46:00 PM

A nice move to get rid of the fake accounts but it's absolutely skimp.Some people who would jump the rank were victims of this situation.Could be given merit according to membership level.Obviously nobody gives merit to anyone easily.
This is a quality forum and managers will be able to solve this problem.
Quesdana

Activity: 212

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:02:06 PM

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

I think merit system is one solution that they are trying to implement because there are a lot of scammers now. People posting non-sense in on the decline now because you are now aware that garbage posting is not allowed in this forum. Although i maybe affected because ranking-up would now be difficult but still i support this move by the administrator.
vickycoin05

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:17:52 PM

I'm not too sure about this new merit system.  Although these boards have been getting a lot more spam, it will be much more difficult to level up your bitcointalk account.  Most people are not even going to bother and give out merit to quality posts.

Honestly, I don't like a merit system because for me it looks like unfair to me. Supposed to be I'm gonna be a full member but due to my job is so busy I standby this account for a while. Now, It looks like my chance to be a rank of full member is never gonna happen that I need 90 more merits in order to rank up.

Well, I understand having a merit points to avoid those pow quality posters as well as spammers people here. Also, as I observed the merit system is in favor for those high rank that they can easily give merit to those people they know even the post is not so good as a quality post and even how good and even how quality post you have, I don't think there is some will give you. So for me merit is not a good idea at all. Just my opinion.
Veidt

Activity: 150

Famous last words - Hold my beer.

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:34:27 PM

The thing is, noone is using it, and noone will be using it. There is no motivation for me to give a merit to someone.. This way, nobody will be able to rank up. It's ridiculous to think that this will ever work. I will never be able to gather 110 merit to rank up.. there is no way. There must be another way.

Thats what I do, I drink beer and I know stuff.
barsharkol12

Activity: 197

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:47:03 PM

I think they make or implement this merit system its because their are a lot of users especially the brandnew is rushing their account to become jr member and rush to a member in just one month. In case of that thing to prohibited, the solution is the merit system with this, the number of ranks would be fair. You can give merit for those people who deserves it.
Kirill Kopeechkin

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:13:54 PM

C ввoдoм нoвoй cиcтeмoй зacлyг, я тeпepь зacтpял в cвoeм paнгe, тaк кaк никтo дaжe и нe пoдyмaeт пocтaвить мнe или кoмy-тo eщё зacлyгy бeзвoзмeзднo. Кaждый пытaeтcя eё тeбe пpoдaть. Я кpaйнe нe дoвoлeн этoй cиcтeмoй.
Kirill Kopeechkin

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:16:43 PM

I think they make or implement this merit system its because their are a lot of users especially the brandnew is rushing their account to become jr member and rush to a member in just one month. In case of that thing to prohibited, the solution is the merit system with this, the number of ranks would be fair. You can give merit for those people who deserves it.
Baм дaли xoть oднy зacлyгy? Heт, и нe дaдyт бeзвoзмeзднo, дaжe ecли вы этoгo зacлyживaeтe. Maкcимyм ктo мoжeт пocтaвить вaм зacлyгy жтo вaш дpyг.
DevlishNo

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:19:11 PM

The new user limitations are brutal... I can't have a conversation with someone via private messages or even have a decent conversation on a thread, because of the harsh limits.
blok

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:37:17 PM

The system is good in general, but will surely limit the forum advancement to existing, established members. Oh well.
CryptoAnnie

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:01:47 PM
Merited by mercer007 (5), Adil Amim (4), Goldberg007 (1)

This merit system is new in this forum, though it is becoming difficult day by day and we are totally dependent upon the higher ranking member. Like me many people are trying to make quality post, but i am trying to post something which is easily understandable to everyone in this forum but none give merit and I am stuck in same position.
Please send merits.
MGmahesh

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:40:36 PM

I think if a committed merit system can only be given to an account that can make a truly quality post it will be a little inconvenient, both for beginners and old like members, personally I agree with merit system, even though I am new jr. member that means something good for me can be even better in contributing in this forum. merit system will be more useful for the progress and existence of a better forum.
Bryan13

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:09:18 PM

On my opinion, i think the merit system is to stop spamming and to not rush all newbie to rank up on jr member. So it will be hard for us to level up our account. They need quality and long post in this forum. So like me, i just choose the only topic i understand about crypto. But i know there will be a good reason for the merit system. All i have to do now is to make extra effort and more patience.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:11:44 PM

People are not spreading the merit out.  I think the requirements to level up are too strict but it can be adjusted as the mods seem fit. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: