Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:55:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can actually Bitcoin be good for the environment?  (Read 3170 times)
Batman_Bitman

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:54:58 AM

Yes in a sense bitcoin does help preserve the environment. Imagine the factories and mining quarries that would be turned into fertile lands suitable for habitation of wild animals in case bitcoin would thrive. We may alleviate the damage of our carbon footprints by using the waste energy to something useful like a recycler.
Preserving the environment is not only related to the nature. If we talk about bitcoin, it saves a lot of work and manpower which is used to run the banks and process of transmitting money from one place to another.  This also has an healthy effect on humanity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lnihjlbg

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:58:43 AM

Traditional bitcoin mining does waste a lot of resources, but with the current mining methods of other altcoins changing, the loss of resources is not as exaggerated as bitcoin. Bitcoin will also change with these, and secondly, bitcoin mining resources, miners will pay fees, not waste, this is a transaction.
jeihjeih
Copper Member

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 06:59:48 AM

BTC can hardly be good for environment, but there are alternatives set up like bitcoingreen
abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:05:38 AM

Bitcoin can affect the environment in the sense that it need to use so much energy when you are mining Bitcoin. In my own opinion it can be good also in the future if all people will use digital currency like bitcoin instead of cash. Most cash around the world need materials that came from trees so when everyone are using bitcoin or digital currency so no need to cut trees to make bills. Smiley

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
jeihjeih
Copper Member

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:38:54 AM

I was suddenly thinking about this, I wonder if BTC will ever develop into a POS model
Marlo0619

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:56:53 AM

yes. for me, i think it is good for the environment. for every city, and country. because it is a cryptocurrency where we just need to post, answer all the question or the threads correctly with no plagiarism. because the manager can track who are the ones plagiarize or not. we need to make a post with our own idea, our own words. it must be unique and better than the other posts. and also it must have a sense. bitcoin helps the people to have an extra income without paying anything. so bitcoin  is good for the environment.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
solenn heussaff

Activity: 116
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 07:58:38 AM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Thinking of all that, would you still say Bitcoin is bad for the environment?

For me, bitcoin is good for the environment. It makes the payment system easier and it makes many people rich by investing in it. Many companies accept and support bitcoin so it makes an economy of a certain country better.
maxti

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:10:02 PM

Imagine the factories and mining quarries that would be turned into fertile lands suitable for habitation of wild animals in case bitcoin would thrive.
dumple

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:16:38 PM

Why not? i love bitcoin and i really like and enjoy the way that it works, it is like a hobby for me and i really appreciate it, i do not understand why it should not be good for the entire community in here, because it is not something evil

pavka

Activity: 322

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:19:11 PM

While traditional sources of electricity will be used to extract bitcoin, the discussion will continue. Everyone knows that thermal and nuclear power plants pollute the environment, and hydroelectric power stations change rivers and kill their inhabitants.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
inspirone1

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:09:37 PM

We think mining is bad enough for the supply of electricity available on  the earth, we do not really understand about the science. But we think there should be restrictions on mining and electricity usage every day. May be the government can find the best solution about it. Which is the best useful for Environment.  Wink

I think we all must start with ourselves. You can use much less electricity per every day. But if in whole it must be regulated by the government of every country. Using all these steps can be better for the environment.

ORVIUM          Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain          ORVIUM
█      Whitepaper         Telegram         Twitter         Facebook         Reddit         Blog     
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Psychee

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:13:10 PM

there is only Socratus and nothing except Socratus
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:49:01 PM

With the passage of time the mining of bitcoin has become more and  more complicated.  Very complicated mathematical problems need to be solved.  For mining bitcoin advanced computers have to be used.  To solve the complex math problems they have to use very big specialized hardware computers, and because they are very big so they become very hot while working.  These hardware are called Application Specific Integrated Circuit i.e. ASIC.   Definitely this process affects the environment because of carbon emissions from coal; diesel while manufacturing electricity. 

But the question is whether we shall give up this so beautiful useful coin because of it's effects on environment or shall be find some alternative ways to save the environment while mining bitcoin. 

This objective can definitely be achieved.  There are so many countries where the scope of solar ; wind; hydro energy available.  We shall think of diverting towards these natural renewal energy sources.

Also planting of more and more trees should be done.  There is one more side of this discussion i.e. if we use banking channel digital currency or paper currency they are also using electricity and trees are being cut for printing of paper notes.

So the best way available to mine bitcoin without pollution is to divert towards renewable electricity.
Hitesh shaveta ohri

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:50:32 PM

Maybe bitcoin is good for the environment like if we stop using paper bills lot of trees can be saved. Also the current banking system consumes too much electricity and bitcoin transactions wouldn't take more electricity so bitcoin can also reduce the amount of electricity used by the banking sector.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:54:34 PM

Maybe bitcoin is good for the environment like if we stop using paper bills lot of trees can be saved. Also the current banking system consumes too much electricity and bitcoin transactions wouldn't take more electricity so bitcoin can also reduce the amount of electricity used by the banking sector.
I believe that everything has their corresponding advantage and disadvantage that could and may affect environment and Humans life. It only depends on how people gonnat take it because sometimes even if the things exist is good it become worst due to unresponsible handling of people.
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:00:50 PM

Do you know that it needs atleast 12 trees to create a 100 percent non recycled newsprint. And that is just to create a paper, what more in creating a fiat? But if people will use digital currency, no one need to haded over those bills and a single scan in a qr code or tap in a terminal will automatically send your payment. There is also no need to recycle or re create new money because digital currency is intangible and indestructible. The only environmental effect that it bring are the carbon oxide produced by the electric company which powered the mobile phone of bitcoin users.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:02:04 PM

A lot has been said about mining and about the electricity consumption of the activities related to bitcoin mining. However, I have thought of the alternatives and how other systems produce not just energy waste, but also plenty of useless work and "human waste".

To have a network that can ensure the completeness of transactions, the global accessibility and all the features that bitcoins, and many alts, have at the moment, would probable produce a huge carbon footprint. Just think of the VISA system or the banking system... the amount of people working on it, the waste of commuting to works, the infrastructure.

Thinking of all that, would you still say Bitcoin is bad for the environment?

It sounds possible that our systems produce different kinds of pollution and we can conclude that it is us humans creating it. It is still not to late to give a solution for our problems as long as we act accordingly. Our technology is slowly advancing and they are thinking of ways how to lessen our Energy waste and turning it into something useful or even profitable. I have heard that some platforms that is also integrated into Blockchain Technology is looking for ways to do efficient mining and not hurt our environment.
hurriebra49

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:11:56 AM

It's not good for the environment because of the energy used by its servers however due in the course of months there are many coins that have emerged whose ultimate goal is to make the process of mining bitcoins environmentally feasible so this issue seems temporary.

Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:27:33 PM

no There is no trust in any work Betquin will end soon and all the circulation of the news now is all false and useless to wait and who sold is a winner and who waits is a loser
Veronicavn1875

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:25:52 AM

Planting trees and other vegetation to provide a paradise for wildlife. Bitcoin extraction is good for the environment. Even better if they convert the stored energy in all the discarded plastic bottles everywhere. It is not possible that the current banking system uses more electricity (per transaction) than Bitcoin. In addition to the relatively small profit margin they are trying to make, miners will use electricity (almost) corresponding to the value of the BTC they receive to exploit a block. Evidence of work does not necessarily mean "wasted" electricity - important for security - but do not pretend electricity is not used.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: