Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to buy large amounts of bitcoin?  (Read 1036 times)
Rora (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:15:11 AM

Hi All,

Do you by any chance know of the best and easiest way to purchase large amounts of bitcoin? ie 10000 + ?

Thank you.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:25:58 AM

I wouldn't do it with custom hardware (at least not directly) Smiley

Maybe the economy or marketplace would be a good place to start looking.
Read up on "dark pools"  Some trading houses have them but I think it costs more in commission.

If you want to go straight market... Mt. Gox would love to you have your business and since you are looking to go to BTC, they still have the most liquidity.  I would wait for a big dump in the price personally... some whale(s) has been pumping the price up the last week, and I think if the general market doesn't jump in, they are going to start dumping.  You could buy 10K btc easy.

If you seriously are looking to buy 10,000 btc, some other thoughts would be to contact the large BTC only asic vendors as I am sure they are flush with BTC right now and would probably like to talk to you.  If you don't know who those vendors are... you probably shouldn't be buying 10000 BTC.

There... see... I was able to spin this into a custom hardware thing after all.
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 11:57:26 AM

There... see... I was able to spin this into a custom hardware thing after all.

Cheesy Roll Eyes

But yeah bro. Totally wrong forum section. No idea why you would even post in a custom hardware section out of all things.

Perhaps you can contact some of the major exchanges. Bitstamp for example and ask them if there's any discounts for purchasing large amounts. I'm sure they will be happy to welcome your business.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:25:26 PM

Hi All,

Do you by any chance know of the best and easiest way to purchase large amounts of bitcoin? ie 10000 + ?

Thank you.
The best way is not going to be the easiest way.  The easiest way would probably be to make an account at Mt Gox, get verified and then deposit the money and make your purchase.  The downside to this is that by the time you have purchased 10,000 coins you will probably have driven the price up in the process and spent more than you intended to.  The best way would probably be to not only get a MtGox account, but also get one at BTCe, cryptsy, etc and then spread out your purchases to not drive the price up so far.  This would be a pain in the rear, but would end up being the cheaper route.

Basically you are looking at time vs money.  The less time you want to spend doing it, the more money it will cost you and vice versa.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:55:38 PM

Hi All,

Thank you.
You might contact the large self-miners such as ASICminer or Avalon.  They have steady inflows of BTC, which present them with the opposite problem that you have.

Also, several of the new hardware vendors have been taking preorders in BTC, and, again, probably need USD to run their businesses.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 12:59:39 PM

Hi All,

Thank you.

I hear a company called Bitsyncom has tens of thousands, it may not actually be theirs though.

There's a chap called Yifu who is supposed to represent them, that should be your contact, but he rarely frequents this forum anymore, nor does he answer emails, phone calls, or his own company support tickets, so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
sayulita

Activity: 881

CyberTrade

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:25:22 AM

Hi All,

Thank you.

Bitcoin-Brokers has some sellers who have north of 1000 coins each. If you wouldn't mind paying for these at a few different banks, over the course of multiple days, it could be achieved.

Here is a 13,000 view thread discussing the service:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237164.0

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:33:21 AM

Buy from local bitcoins, from a few sellers (or 1 seller if he has enough BTC)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: