Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:02:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Small weekly game based on the UK Lotto  (Read 938 times)
yellowcar (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 02:40:36 PM

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=t9JMSL3oq2oAiiHCk7Oqu9w&hl=en_US#gid=0

There's the spreadsheet outlining most of this game.  The plan is that a few people will have regular numbers and eventually everyone will get paid out, we do the same thing where I work with a pound each a week.

If the bonus ball comes up and nobody has it then the jackpot rolls over to the next week.  Please ask any questions you have and we can get the rules sorted out before we start.  I'm planning on starting this on NEXT Saturday's draw (23rd July).  You can get your numbers before then but you won't be paid if your number comes up this weekend.  The reasons for this are:

a)  it gives us time to establish rules and get lots of players

b) I'm out of the country this weekend Smiley

Once you've made a payment, post here with the address that you paid from and the numbers that you would like.  I will update the spreadsheet and then when people win, they get the jackpot sent to the address they paid with.

The Prices are 0.5BTC a number, plus 0.01BTC admin per number.  The payout each week is everything in the pot (minus the admin fee). 

The numbers you can pick are 1-49 and this corresponds to the bonus ball drawn on the Saturday UK lotto each week.

You have until Monday to re-buy your number(s) each week.  You can also block buy a number, so if you paid 2BTC you could have the same number for 4 weeks instead of 4 numbers one week.

I think that's pretty fair and my fees are super low, so hopefully we can get all the numbers filled.  Any questions, ask below!  I'm really hoping to get a little community of regular players going out of this.  I'm also working on getting it automated but really struggling to find the time!
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 12:16:04 AM

Once you've made a payment, post here with the address that you paid from and the numbers that you would like.  I will update the spreadsheet and then when people win, they get the jackpot sent to the address they paid with.
Many won't know what address was used to send their payment. It may not even be in their address book. If you have multiple payments but more people contact you how will you decide who actually paid or not?

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
yellowcar (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 05:54:41 AM

I was thinking that might be a problem but if I put an explorer link you can see what address sent when you did if you don't know.  Also, even if someone pretended they sent something, the winnings would go to the address that sent the coins.

I'm confident we can make this work.
yellowcar (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 02:08:15 PM

Is anyone interested in this?  I'm ready to get it up and running now and would appreciate feedback either way.

If we got a set of regular players it could be great.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: