Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:10:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Is Banning Ads for Bitcoin and ICOs  (Read 2100 times)
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:17:52 PM

I hope not.. Or never.. Facebook community is a very huge market for eveything just like with bitcoin, altcoins and almost all the goods and other stuff that we could advertise and sell online. If it will ban all the ads related to bitcoin and ico it will surely kill the entire crypto world. (Sad)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hmei777

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:57:46 PM

I also wonder why Facebook is forbidden to advertise ICO, as this will obviously reduce facebook income, because facebook is a good medium for advertising. And this makes people afraid to invest in bitcoin.
Baltazaar

Activity: 168
Merit: 106

Smart Micro-Insurance

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:00:33 PM

maybe facebook planing something about crypto , or blockchain system adapt the facebook adv. managment something like that all ico's social media campains and more of use facebook and twitter how it possible cut the earning we will see

rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:49:51 PM

https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-banning-advertisements-bitcoin-icos/

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

Facebook's stand on this matter is somehow understandable since there are lots of ICOs being introduced everyday and we have no way of telling which of them are legit and which are scams. But I think banning of advertisements will not hinder them from reaching their target markets, imho. And their plans aren't quite clear to me (not sure if I missed something). Are they planning to filter every users' posts and delete ico related posts or completely ban those who keep on posting? Or is it just limited to the ads section? Because we all know that almost, if not all, bounties are having social media bounties including facebook. It's not as if they can really monitor every posts of their users and filter it unless they will use hastags or something that can be classified them as an ico advertisement. And fyi, I can still see ICO in the "Suggested Post" section in my fb mobile.

Topaz72

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:47:08 PM

The move is sure to be welcomed by Facebook users and bitcoin enthusiasts alike, who recognize that these adverts do little to promote the benefits of cryptocurrency.
This is not fair isn’t? As bitcoin is beneficial for all people so they must got bitcoin advertising rights I think no social media can ban bitcoin, however bitcoin can be advertise any how because it is now famous between all people. It is an investment and it cannot be stopped by banning any social media and in old days some of countries have tried but it did not affect the price of bitcoin at all.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:40:22 AM

Hi,

Indeed, ad is banned... Pretendingly for users to be protected from scams and frauds.. I guess that Fb and its creators are proud to know a lot about their users.. If they start using anonymous system this knowledge will eb harder to get...

And maybe there are other explanations.

For ICOs indeed it can be a hard challenge to face... Because everyone goes on Fb so it is a wonderful source of ad! But just like Microsoft and other tech giants, Fb is reluctant towards disruptive changes that happen once they are settled!

bisdak40

Activity: 2254
Merit: 547

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:47:45 AM

This move by Facebook will affect those ICOs. Facebook has said that they will protect the people from those companies that are advertising their companies which in reality a fraud.
marjon

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:51:02 AM

Yes, I confirm this news legitimately revealed by Facebook recently. Its all because of, most ICOs ads contents found deceiving and hyip.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:06:32 PM

Maybe facebook is going to do something that he's the only one that will benefit throughout his platform. We have seen the news last time that Mark Zuckerberg is trying to learn about cryptocurrencies and he's looking into it. Is this the result of his study or this is just a kind of removing your competitors throughout your area? I won't be surprised if there will be an FB coin that will be advertised on facebook in the future.

well very interesting and so funny, but let come to think of this because he's inability to study the crypto world will make him banned bitcoin and ICO's, that isn't the main reason why his trying to banned this platform using his site. Is it the result of his study or this is just a kind of removing your competitors throughout your area?, let just take it this way that he's trying to remove his competitors.

i thank you for your contribution about this. 
I don't think he is not able to study cryptocurrency. The guy is a genius and that's why his making billions of dollars with his social media. We still don't have any confirmation from him on what's the real truth behind his given decision of totally banning ICO ads on his social medias. But we will find it out in the nearest time, his true intention will come out so if he's real reason why he's removing his support to crypto ads.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:34:41 PM

"Social media giant Facebook has unveiled a new policy that bans advertisements involving bitcoin and initial coin offerings, among others..."

Right! Facebook is forbidden to advertise bitcoin and what is related to bitcoin. That affects bitcoin. But I do not think too much. If bitcoin builds trust and safety for players. They will find themselves bitcoin. No need to go through facebook.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:41:22 AM

Initially I didn't believe the news until I read from CCN. It is quite unfortunate for Facebook to take such a decision. However, the spate of scam ICOs which is one the reasons for the ban should be condemned by all.
When there will be spamming all around the world and business holders are seeing the faces drowning in loss then how can one businessman allows such things to happen with him. Definitely it is a natural thing that who want loss? No one. Everyone wants a safe and secure way of profiting. Facebook is owned by a man and he definitely chose the better option to leave it as some people scam with bitcoins.
Bayoe_noe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:46:20 AM

what will happen if Facebook prohibit ad cryptocurrency. I think they pass the action is wrong, see a lot of social media promote crypto, such as Twitter, Telegram, Reddit, medium etc. maybe it would make the reduced enthusiasts crypto to log into Facebook.as one of the greatest social media facebook should take a policy that is wise enough.but we will be hard to predict everything in the business world.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:12:12 AM

Right! Facebook is forbidden to advertise bitcoin and what is related to bitcoin. That affects bitcoin. But I do not think too much. If bitcoin builds trust and safety for players. They will find themselves bitcoin. No need to go through facebook.

But it can not be denied that advertising on Facebook is very profitable, although it is not the only way. Many projects are fake and scam so many Facebook users who complain, it's natural. The impact is quite large related to public confidence, so the allegation that the dangerous cryptocurrency is getting bigger. All we have to do is stay calm, as you say, it will end soon and the market will rise again.

Akosibatman

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:29:56 AM

I think is a good thing for us, we can post more about cyptocurrency in social media rather than making it as advertisement. Also, crypto community has a potential of becoming a more profitable than Facebook itself. They remove also the advertisement on crypto to reduce the risk of being 'scam' specially on newbie who wants to invest on bitcoin. We shouldn't worry about this Facebook move on this, we still have another way to advertise bitcoin.
JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:08:09 AM

Maybe Facebook was too annoyed with the advertisement that they dont even gain profit. As we know crypto currency are type of currency without tax and it makes it unique with other currency. But for me, like what other say, it was a harsh decision of Facebook.
Venon

Activity: 51

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:12:48 AM

I think one of the reasons is that these ICOs are really enticing and promises big returns. Most of of them are lending platforms that encourages beginners to invest.

That is right. I think the crypto currencies investment is still very risky. So it is better to be invested by the experienced and informed users, not general public.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:27:18 PM

This is just a news that we should not been taking seriously because what is the big deal if facebook is banning the capability of having an Ads for bitcoin and ICOs, we still have a lot of social media platforms and that is why the promotion for bitcoin and ICOs are still very possible because just like in twitter that we can use just like facebook.
sukey2008

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:54:51 PM

I will support this time. This decision by Facebook will affect those scam ICOs. Facebook has said that they will protect the people from those fake icos and it might not increase ur money but at least let u not loose money
Blessed J

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:57:09 PM

This will not go down well with bounty programs and I think Facebook will lose some daily users. I'm wondering how distribution of stakes will be like if Facebook end ads on their platform and a bounty is ongoing
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:02:00 PM

They banning all ads because they wanted to prevent people from advertising what the company is calling “financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: