Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:45:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Empowering everyone for a better merit culture  (Read 103 times)
MrJake (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:17:39 AM

I think we're not on the same page when it comes to giving out merits. As a newbie, we also have the capability to give out merits when we receive atleast two. This makes us realize that we aren't only a receiving end here rather we could also acknowledge one another though we are still reliant on "sources."

I think we should post and encourage more people to acknowledge one another. I received 2 merits and actually I'm having a hard time how to spend my smerits but I will do so.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|[/center

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:43:33 AM

everyone do that and it's the way how merit works. But you must know that keeping merit yourself  is ill-gotten. Unused sMerit will be decay.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3066

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:45:20 AM

I think we should post and encourage more people to acknowledge one another. I received 2 merits and actually I'm having a hard time how to spend my smerits but I will do so.

Why are you having a hard time spending your sMerits?  Just give them to someone you believe made a good post.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Ria Sakurai

Activity: 251
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:34:21 AM

i see that it's totally not hard to give out merit. because merit is given to who worth for it with high quality posts. each people has their own opinion of what is a good post, for me it's just post that give me useful information that i need, things i didn't know before.
littlefascist

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:25:04 AM

I think spending sMerit is very easy but receiving them are the hardest things (even harder and being accepted in a good signature campaign ) in this forum. This function should make it little bit harder not unreachable like current moment.
I do know much people who easily earn 100-200 sMerit in a day like (Lutpin, theymos,.... ) by just simply announcing something like Merit system or a signature campaign (they are campaign managers). But all of them are long-standing members and being famous in this. So nameless members like us won't get sMerit that way for sure.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:04:38 AM

I think we're not on the same page when it comes to giving out merits. As a newbie, we also have the capability to give out merits when we receive atleast two. This makes us realize that we aren't only a receiving end here rather we could also acknowledge one another though we are still reliant on "sources."

I think the big reason for the general reluctance to give out merits is that we each have a very limited supply. If we have 5 merits and know that we'll get another 5 next week or next month, then we'll be happy to give them out... but as we have no way to acquire merits except through those given by others, the situation is self-perpetuating... no-one wants to give merit because they might never get any more, so the scarcity makes it so much more valuable... a bit like bitcoin itself Smiley

I'm not sure what the answer is. sMerit decay might be one option. But let's see how it all works out, as it is a great idea in principle - we need to give it more time to settle down. Certainly there is a lot of responsibility on the few people who are 'merit sources' to wander through all the sections of the forum and reward people who deserve it. These people do seem to be helping out, but if they ever become inactive then the halving system of Merit and sMerit will mean that everyone else's supply will dry up.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16595

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

no-one wants to give merit because they might never get any more, so the scarcity makes it so much more valuable
You're giving away sMerits, not merits. Why would you want to keep them?

davey76

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:28:00 AM

no-one wants to give merit because they might never get any more, so the scarcity makes it so much more valuable
You're giving away sMerits, not merits. Why would you want to keep them?

We only got 5, I already gave out 4 I think. When will I get more smerits to give out?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: