Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:19:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are altcoins still dropping in price  (Read 2113 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:15:18 PM

Market is not confident anymore about the everbulling trend... BTC is not a so good store of value too it seems, except the case it turns in high green territory fast again, this is one of the biggest drop suffered by BTC and alt market so far, we need a great help to go through this.

I have been investing in Bitcoins since 2012, and you are absolutely right about the recent crash. Never before Bitcoin lost 60% of its value in less than four weeks. Drops have occurred even before, but they were longer in duration and smaller in magnitude when compared with the current one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jitra

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:53:47 PM

Why altcoin still drop the price? That's because the prohibition of bans on some social media such as facebook, twitter and instagram, maybe they do not get a share of altcoin profits so they ban ny in their own company
I don't think it's a main reason cause whole market price down , probably whales withdrawal their profit and wait for lower price buy again , maybe they want to celebrate Chinese New Year , plus people panic sell, so it's normal price still drop, need time to recover

"Maybe they want to celebrate Chinese New Year", that's the funniest response so far...the rest of the hypothetical reasons I can buy, but that one, I don't know lol

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Rizwan Javed

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:13:24 PM

This is how the market is but do not panic. Everything will be normal soon and patience is required because Altcoins have potential and can pump anytime.
CBESH

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:17:45 PM

This is how the market is but do not panic. Everything will be normal soon and patience is required because Altcoins have potential and can pump anytime.

Right now with so much uncertainty it seems the market is likely to continue to drop. If you look at the charts (I am no expert) but it looks as if there is a steady downward movement in price. Every time the coins bounce up they never seem to reach their previous weeks highs. Maybe they will but I dont think this looks good. Do yall think their are too many coins right now or something else?
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:52:25 PM

Market is not confident anymore about the everbulling trend... BTC is not a so good store of value too it seems, except the case it turns in high green territory fast again, this is one of the biggest drop suffered by BTC and alt market so far, we need a great help to go through this.

Yes we are in desperate need of help and this time we need help from major players who owns good chunk of bitcoin as well as the small players and average bitcoin users as panic selling is causing leakage to already sinking bitcoin market.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:10:21 PM

I guess, that the altcoins still dropping in price because some person want to buy a lot of bitcoins and that why we see all this "bad" news about crypto for lowing price of bitcoin.
CBESH

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:17:30 PM

I heard we should buy the Dips and sell the highs. What are your price targets?

We need to make money doing this.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:26:27 PM

Altcoins can pump once the market situation improves and to be honest the value of bitcoin plays a major role int he fluctuations of altcoin price i have noticed this in the past and now as well. If you just take few altcoins and their price graph and then compare it with bitcoin's graph for the same period you will understand the connect.

Am I spamming? Report me!
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:33:07 PM

I have been investing in Bitcoins since 2012, and you are absolutely right about the recent crash. Never before Bitcoin lost 60% of its value in less than four weeks. Drops have occurred even before, but they were longer in duration and smaller in magnitude when compared with the current one.
Yep, I'm afraid that either this strike on the cryptomarket is too strong, or our expectations and euphoria in December of last year was too strong. In any case, this is my biggest cryptodepression, the end of which I can't see
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:43:00 PM

Btc hasnt dropped very much more and it seems like some alts like linda, verge, and electroneum are still dropping how long will it yake for them to rise back up

The market fell down so far that it will not be easy for to recover its positions. This will take about two months at least I suppose. After the growth will start the prices will be recovered on 30% during first week.
signalbitbot

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:45:08 PM

The market never falls forever, especially so active and dynamic as the cryptocurrency.
Adam_Smith

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:47:04 PM
Merited by Ziminator (1)

It's simple, capitalization has fallen. After large prices for crypto currency, many sold their assets, so the price of it fell, because the market has become a large number. But this is not a reason for panic, this has already happened more than once.

ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1478

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:01:00 PM

Accept it or not, we are in the bear market already. It's very expected move by altcoins. Especially those that you write, they were classic pump & dump coins. Nobody care about them in the long run. They will die eventually. Investors were in them because of quick profit opportunities.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bambam28

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:04:07 PM

Altcoins will begin to grow only after the situation on the market stabilizes and bitcoin again starts to steadily go up. Until then, the altcoin  will be unpredictable.

[   D E A L J O Y  instant crypto cashbacks   ]       //    Whitepaper    //
               ►►  JOIN ICO NOW  ◄◄   Earn Crypto by shopping online
Facebook    .    Twitter    .    Telegram    .    Medium    .    Reddit    .   
Devawnm367 (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 143

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:47:01 PM

Let them drop i dont think its going much farther down. Then ATH

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
CBESH

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:15:20 AM

The market will probably go back up!
Franklin Pierce

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:27:26 AM

manny reason: Market capitalisation is an inexact measure of cryptocurrencies (as Business Insider Australia's Sam Jacobs has outlined), but it at least gives a good idea of the scale of the ongoing sell-off.

The crypto market has been on the back foot since the start of the year, hit by fears of a regulatory crackdown and slipping Asian volumes. Bitcoin is now at less than half its December peak of over $19,000.

More concerns have emerged about the sector this week as Facebook banned cryptocurrency advertisements and US regulators began investigating tether, a cryptocurrency that some fear has been used to inflate the value of bitcoin.

India's finance minister also said this week that the Indian government "does not consider cryptocurrencies legal tender or coin and will take all measures to eliminate use of these crypto-assets in financing illegitimate activities or as part of the payment system."

and Altcoins's price depend on bitcoin's price.
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:50:08 AM

as you know, cryptocurrency is a new market in the world. there are many investors do not have enough knowledge and information. they just buy based on the recommendation of friends, colleagues,.. So, they are easy to sell in panic when there are some fake news in the market. I believe that the market will recover soon when the investors realize that they are scammed by communications.

bitor

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:51:41 AM

Because all, who have altcoins waiting for Chineis New Year, which will be on Wednesnday, so, it is normal if price of alts will drop to this time
webmone

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:18:38 AM

All the prices will go back to normal .I have seen many times from I come into the crypto world.

And the process has already started. The prices stopped to fall (yes, some alts are still among the losers, but they are in minority). The situation on the market will become much better in a few weeks and coins will add some value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: