Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:32:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become a long-term trusted store of value?  (Read 3329 times)
shushu9977

Activity: 1122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:03:58 PM

Whether one should invest in bitcoin or not depends on whether you think Bitcoin will become a long-term trusted store of value.
If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.
If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).
So if you think BTC has a 10% chance of becoming a long-term trusted store of value, it is a good investment with a nice expected return. It is still very risky but professional investors should invest some small portion of their portfolio in this case.

I believe and trust that Bitcoin is the long-term trusted store of value. If we see the history of BTC, it is always holding number one position.Many organization and countries legalize the most successful and dominating coin Bitcoin.

┏━━━━━━━━JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o  l K i t z A I - Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:05:40 PM

As a matter of fact it is a store of value, if you believed in bitcoin in year 2009 you are probably one of the Millionaires today. It will be more precious than Gold as the time pass, no wonder cryptocurrency is a game changer of the economy.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:20:51 PM

If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.

Where do you get this figure from?

Bitcoin has the basic characteristics of a store of value, the main one being a limited supply. It will need to have some utility for it to be trusted as a store of value so it must succeed in some form as a currency.

ONly fool will buy that story,bitcoin to trade for 2milion dollar each?Damn man what are you smoking this days?

Bitcoin will progress and may grow higher but not to be worth a million because if does for sure governments of big country will do their best to kill this community before reaching that much
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:30:23 PM

Whether one should invest in bitcoin or not depends on whether you think Bitcoin will become a long-term trusted store of value.
If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).
So if you think BTC has a 10% chance of becoming a long-term trusted store of value, it is a good investment with a nice expected return. It is still very risky but professional investors should invest some small portion of their portfolio in this case.
the reason why the bitcoin has a higher price because it can adopt to long term investments plus the fact that investors trust it that is why it become more trusted.
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:43:44 PM

If bitcoin is accepted all over the world and it becomes a mainstream way to pay for stuff online and in the regular stores then the price of bitcoin will grow up significantly I think this is the first necessary step before bitcoin becomes a store of value. It has the features that are required to be a great long term asset. Plus the fact that it is running in the Blockchain technology that for me is made for the future. It is an awesome technology that is destined to revolutionize the financial world.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:53:21 PM

When you say the word cryptocurrency most of the people will say bitcoin. Bitcoin becomes mainstream and popular for different countries, Many establishment are already considering to accept bitcoin as mode of payment. I think bitcoin will survice for many years and it will regain its value. Since bitcoin is a great asset which I think will think of to invest
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:09:51 PM

In all depends in the market. Although bitcoin showed a good performance the later years but we don't know if that event will going to happen again. This is why we just need to carefully study everything.

qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:59:37 PM

Well, During this time, gold has become a form of constant wealth in most of the world's culture and has become a long-term trusted store of value. Because other valuable materials and forms of currency have come and gone, gold remains a trusted asset. Its value comes from its scarcity and as a form of wealth, it can be brought to any country and converted into fiat or traded as for goods and services.

In many ways, gold and Bitcoin are similar except that gold has passed the test of time while Bitcoin is in its infancy as a universal currency. But, I think, Bitcoin will be a long-term trusted store of value.
patispace

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:10:18 PM

Although I consider myself a true bitcoin enthusiast and I am convinced of the great future that still lies ahead, by no means do I believe that bitcoin has the necessary elements to become a safe and reliable store of value in the long term, since everything related to digital technology tends to be quickly displaced by new and more advanced technologies over time.

We must also bear in mind the great danger that quantum computing, if successful, would represent for bitcoin, which would make all the security protocols of most current cryptocurrencies highly vulnerable, so I think we are still far from having in our hands a cryptocurrency 100% invulnerable and reliable as a store of value.
Angelaperry

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:29:11 AM

From my point of view, together with the development of blockchain technology and bitcoin, Bitcoin will become a long- term trusted store of value
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:27:17 AM

Yes it can be used for long term investment but the price of 2 million per bitcoin is too high, it's possible but it will take time and the chances is pretty slim, but for sure it will be very profitable if we keep bitcoin for long term, there are some positive news that makes the chances of bitcoin grow big
Long-term repository of value, it seems to me, bitcoin will not be with time. He will be hindered in this by his large price volatility and just his preferential use as a means of accumulating value. These two factors, on the one hand, will constantly contribute to its price growth, and on the other hand, will contribute to the rapid loss of its price. When investors get tired of constantly nervous and clutching their hearts, it will no longer be a repository of value.
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:58:52 AM

How did you come up to this 2 mln price estimation? I believe BTC will become such a long-term trusted store of value, but it will happen only with a low volatility,because trusted store of value can't lose 20% in a 1 day.
Lower volatility is connected with higher market cap and lower potential profit, so for me there won't be any reason to store funds in BTC , because I stick to higher potential profit.
Best solution will be buying BTC prior it will have become trusted store of value.
bonammeo

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:08:58 AM

This time btc looks unsettled, but you rest assured. Bitcoin is becoming more popular, which promotes its development. Then bitcoin will return to its heyday quickly. Trust and stop complaining!
finlandais

Activity: 397

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:44:09 PM

Yes in future it is expected that in coming decades BTC will become a long term trusted store.Have trust on it and keep on investing in it.Stop complaining about the fluctuations in the price of BTC.It is becoming popular day by day so just support it .Bear market is expected in coming days so just stay positive ,it will surely become a long term trusted store in future.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
Samolet

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:54:15 PM

For more than half a year, bitcoin has been going through a period of cooling, and this is not the limit. There is reason to believe that we will continue to observe a lateral and downward trend in its price due to the sluggish retail demand and the indecision of financial institutions, and also because of too high market capitalization in comparison with the activity in the detachment.
nealdlover

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:01:20 PM

In the era of technology development, BTC is always the leading trend of electronic money market. BTC is always a good choice to adapt to long term investment. It is always good to earn extra income every month. In the world there are many investors, big companies have trusted and invested in it because they have caught up with this trend, they have brought high profits from it. I believe BTC is always the best solution for you to invest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  All
  Print  

Jump to: