Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:38:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get around the FACEBOOK's BAN for cryptocurrency & ICO  (Read 239 times)
vejdemann (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 75

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:35:25 AM
Merited by HabBear (1), codewench (1)

For sure, you have already read depressing news about the Facebook's ban of advertising crypto currency.
I have already experienced this. I want to tell you about what and how Facebook does and what you and me can do with it. (https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/30/facebook-is-banning-cryptocurrency-and-ico-ads/)

1. Don't participate a bounties, which ask you to add the links to your posts. Before the announcement of the ban, Facebook began to form a black list of companies and campaigns for advertising crypto. It includes links to company websites and ICO, to groups in Telegram, to blogs in Medium and to Facebook pages. Any posts / reposts containing these links are blocked. That is, you made a publication, copied / saved the link for the report, and an hour later it was already broken, there are no publication anymore.

2. Do not take a bounty, which ask you to add the hashtags to posts. There is the similar situation with it. The most popular of them are also easily tracked by Facebook, with the posts / reposts containing them happens  the same  - the ban.

3. When you are writing your posts, pay attention to the vocabulary you use: ICO is better to write completely initial coin offering, you can replace coin with token. Words cryptocurrency, bitcoins, altkoins, etc., let try not to use at all, it is better to write an alternative currency, etc.

4. If the most part of your friends is in a crypto community, the more you are protected from blocking your account. The fact is that if your publications do not have the above listed markers, Facebook will be able to learn that you advertise the crypto only if someone complains about you. It is clear, that all our accounts are public, but our news is regularly seen only by our friends and subscribers, so it's very important to add new friends very prejudicedly and check the list of existing ones.

5. Once a hour or more, check the "Notifications" menu in your profile, they show all the locks of your posts / reposts, they are indicated by the mail envelope icon.
If you think that your publication did not violate Facebook's rules, click on the button "This is not spam," if you made a mistake, ignore the notice and write a new post, according to my recommendations.

6. I don't want to, but have to ... You need to add a phone number to your page. 1 number - 1 account
If you are blocked, this will save you from losing the page. Keep always near at hand the photo used in the profile of Facebook, it will help verify the identity. If your name is crypto, bounty, etc. urgently correct it for the existing human name.

I hope that this will help us in our already hard work.
If you have something to add, write, I will update the topic.
Wish you all the good!
Plus Merit if I help you with this information)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto-words

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:39:11 AM

For sure, you have already read depressing news about the Facebook's ban of advertising crypto currency.
I have already experienced this. I want to tell you about what and how Facebook does and what you and me can do with it. (https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/30/facebook-is-banning-cryptocurrency-and-ico-ads/)

1. Don't participate a bounties, which ask you to add the links to your posts. Before the announcement of the ban, Facebook began to form a black list of companies and campaigns for advertising crypto. It includes links to company websites and ICO, to groups in Telegram, to blogs in Medium and to Facebook pages. Any posts / reposts containing these links are blocked. That is, you made a publication, copied / saved the link for the report, and an hour later it was already broken, there are no publication anymore.

2. Do not take a bounty, which ask you to add the hashtags to posts. There is the similar situation with it. The most popular of them are also easily tracked by Facebook, with the posts / reposts containing them happens  the same  - the ban.

3. When you are writing your posts, pay attention to the vocabulary you use: ICO is better to write completely initial coin offering, you can replace coin with token. Words cryptocurrency, bitcoins, altkoins, etc., let try not to use at all, it is better to write an alternative currency, etc.

4. If the most part of your friends is in a crypto community, the more you are protected from blocking your account. The fact is that if your publications do not have the above listed markers, Facebook will be able to learn that you advertise the crypto only if someone complains about you. It is clear, that all our accounts are public, but our news is regularly seen only by our friends and subscribers, so it's very important to add new friends very prejudicedly and check the list of existing ones.

5. Once a hour or more, check the "Notifications" menu in your profile, they show all the locks of your posts / reposts, they are indicated by the mail envelope icon.
If you think that your publication did not violate Facebook's rules, click on the button "This is not spam," if you made a mistake, ignore the notice and write a new post, according to my recommendations.

6. I don't want to, but have to ... You need to add a phone number to your page. 1 number - 1 account
If you are blocked, this will save you from losing the page. Keep always near at hand the photo used in the profile of Facebook, it will help verify the identity. If your name is crypto, bounty, etc. urgently correct it for the existing human name.

Wish you all the good!

This is really useful, I didn't know Facebook was being so aggressive about this. Thanks for letting us know. And if I had any sMerit to give, I would ; )
vejdemann (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:40:46 AM

Thank you! I'm glad to help crypto friends!  Smiley
Claireco

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:55:57 AM

Wish you all the good!
Thank you for updating us
cryptorampage

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:57:37 AM

Wish you all the good!

Wish friend , if i had merit i would do. Useful information although.
Maxnilu

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:59:26 AM

Wish you all the good!

Thank you so much for this information..
greed098

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:03:31 PM

Wish you all the good!

This is really useful, I didn't know Facebook was being so aggressive about this. Thanks for letting us know. And if I had any sMerit to give, I would ; )

good info. thanks sharing.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 03:17:38 PM

I'm your huckleberry, I'll give the OP sMerit on your behalf.

We need to reward the best, most helpful posts among the crowds talking here. Doing so benefits us all!
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:54:25 PM

Very informative post you made there, will try to follow some and copy this link to friends to learn about it....
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 05:00:34 PM

Very informative post you made there, will try to follow some and copy this link to friends to learn about it....

Hi taeewo, it's great that you see value in this post! I want to call your attention to the new merit system. Instead of creating a post to thank someone for their contribution you should give that person merit (you'll find a "+Merit") link on the right side of each post. This is the most valuable way to say "thank you" for anyone's contribution on this forum!
diego1111

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:06:57 PM

Cпacибo бoльшoe aвтopy зa тeмy!
DavidVilla7

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:38:36 PM

Wish you all the good!
Cпacибo чтo пoдcкaзaли!!!
vejdemann (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:27:35 PM

Hi taeewo, it's great that you see value in this post! I want to call your attention to the new merit system. Instead of creating a post to thank someone for their contribution you should give that person merit (you'll find a "+Merit") link on the right side of each post. This is the most valuable way to say "thank you" for anyone's contribution on this forum!

Thank you for your support, HabBear! Unfortunately, not everyone knows what merit is. And not many people think like you.
vejdemann (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:31:43 PM

Wish you all the good!
Cпacибo чтo пoдcкaзaли!!!

He зa чтo! Bы пoшли cлoжным пyтeм в пoиcкax мaтepиaлa))) Этa тeмa былa нaпиcaнa изнaчaльнo нa pyccкoм, и нaxoдитcя oнa тyт https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2854800.msg29290639#msg29290639 Удaчи!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: