Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ROBO] CPU Mineable PoW Coin | Mac/PC/Linux Wallets  (Read 5547 times)
CoinRaper

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:45:45 AM

CoinRaper Miningpool [ROBO]

http://coinraper.ddnss.de/

EXAMPLE for ROBOCOIN [ROBO]

stratum+tcp://coinraper.ddnss.de:32152 -u WalletAddress -p x

Ports:
                                                                                    Port: 32151, Diff: 4096
                                                                                    Port: 32152, Diff: 8192-1040000 VarDiff
                                                                                    Port: 32153, Diff: 2080000

Payout minimum 10 Coins every 10 minutes

This won't work if it needs RPC getblocktemplate and submitblock.   If not, then more power to you.

i check this

Welp, have at it then!  how can you pay 10 coins per 10 minutes if the block time spec is 2 minutes?  shouldn't it be more like 5 coins per 10 minutes?

sorry it was copy paste
liamgreen

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:04:01 AM

Ports:

This won't work if it needs RPC getblocktemplate and submitblock.   If not, then more power to you.

i check this

Welp, have at it then!  how can you pay 10 coins per 10 minutes if the block time spec is 2 minutes?  shouldn't it be more like 5 coins per 10 minutes?

sorry it was copy paste

So that means it can be mined via pool now??  Undecided Sad Angry
PotatoPants

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:09:28 AM

Ports:

i check this

sorry it was copy paste

No. You won't be able to connect to the pool, nor will anyone else.

If you are in doubt, check the Pool - 0 Miners for ROBO, or even try it yourself (you will get rejected login).

liamgreen

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:10:31 AM

Ports:

i check this

sorry it was copy paste

No. You won't be able to connect to the pool, nor will anyone else.

If you are in doubt, check the Pool - 0 Miners for ROBO, or even try it yourself (you will get rejected login).

Ohhh good Smiley. Yeah i'm trying to mine the HTML5 on there pool.. Connection problem oh well.
CoinRaper

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:23:09 AM

i become no block notifcation via rpc polling
the wallet is bound to rpc port.

some one have a idea?

all other coins running.
roboproject (OP)

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:37:34 AM

I'm a firm believer that CPU mining is sufficient to mine ROBO forever (assuming there's enough people mining for the transactions load).  If what I think is going to work does it, then you don't need mega computers, ASICS, GPU's, pools... etc etc.

A major flaw of bitcoin is that when super powers come and mine faster than everybody else, the difficulty gets stuck for a complete mining confirmation window (2016 blocks for BTC, 1440 for ROBO)... and so as time has moved forward, more people *need* to force more hashes down the chain's throat (because difficulty is high and the super power disappeared) .... fast forward to today and now bitcoin has insane hardware just for mining which is not very efficient.  Don't get me wrong, the bitcoin code itself is beautiful! Much respect and I've learned alot!  PoW retargeting on the other hand is not great at maintaining a balanced nethashrate v.s.difficulty relationship.

My new code aims to break out of this tradition by lowering the difficulty regularly until it matches the nethashrate... and it will do this every 4 blocks... and if to much time goes by, difficulty will drop to something a netbook could mine (which will result in bursts of blocks being mined across the network)...   It's all theoretical, but is working in my test environment.

We'll just have to see how ROBO handles it tomorrow. I could be wrong about all of this, and that's what's great about open source projects.. it's stupid easy to experiment and try fresh ideas!

And as an added bonus, by rejecting ASICs and other insanely fast hashers, the distribution of mining rewards is evened out across the whole network.  Isn't that what mining should be all about?  Getting more coins to more people?  Leave Pump and Dump to the exchanges.
liamgreen

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:48:43 AM

I'm a firm believer that CPU mining is sufficient to mine ROBO forever (assuming there's enough people mining for the transactions load).  If what I think is going to work does it, then you don't need mega computers, ASICS, GPU's, pools... etc etc.

A major flaw of bitcoin is that when super powers come and mine faster than everybody else, the difficulty gets stuck for a complete mining confirmation window (2016 blocks for BTC, 1440 for ROBO)... and so as time has moved forward, more people *need* to force more hashes down the chain's throat (because difficulty is high and the super power disappeared) .... fast forward to today and now bitcoin has insane hardware just for mining which is not very efficient.  Don't get me wrong, the bitcoin code itself is beautiful! Much respect and I've learned alot!  PoW retargeting on the other hand is not great at maintaining a balanced nethashrate v.s.difficulty relationship.

My new code aims to break out of this tradition by lowering the difficulty regularly until it matches the nethashrate... and it will do this every 4 blocks... and if to much time goes by, difficulty will drop to something a netbook could mine (which will result in bursts of blocks being mined across the network)...   It's all theoretical, but is working in my test environment.

We'll just have to see how ROBO handles it tomorrow. I could be wrong about all of this, and that's what's great about open source projects.. it's stupid easy to experiment and try fresh ideas!

And as an added bonus, by rejecting ASICs and other insanely fast hashers, the distribution of mining rewards is evened out across the whole network.  Isn't that what mining should be all about?  Getting more coins to more people?  Leave Pump and Dump to the exchanges.

This is just fantastic this should be put in the bible of mining!

PS: If you want to make a discord for this coin I'd be more than happy to admin it for you. I've got multiple discords I run to share if you'd like to see.
espalhacartas

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:49:27 AM

Nice project!!!!

Back to 2009....hehehehehe
liamgreen

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:50:18 AM

Nice project!!!!

Not back to 2009. It's bring mining into 2018 <3 hehe
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 10:03:05 AM

Nice project!!!!

Thanks! The true test will be tomorrow when the new PoW strategy kicks in.
CoinRaper

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:18:45 AM

Ports:

pool is closing it will not run. sorry guys
PotatoPants

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:20:55 AM

Ports:

pool is closing it will not run. sorry guys

No need to be sorry.

We're all super happy that you couldn't get a pool to work!

No Pool = No ASIC
senbojiaju

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:57:25 AM

How to open the wallet and start mining automatically?
senbojiaju

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:13:34 PM

C.N.M
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 12:20:50 PM

How to open the wallet and start mining automatically?

There isn't a feature that automatically starts mining when the wallet is opened.   Here's the mining guide though

I could possibly add this functionality to the wallet GUI in the future.
senbojiaju

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:24:36 PM

Thank you very much.
espalhacartas

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:55:33 PM

how can i see if i found a block?

can´t see my hash power, i just follow the steps, and all morning mining i guess, my balance is 0!!!
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:26:05 PM

can´t see my hash power, i just follow the steps, and all morning mining i guess, my balance is 0!!!

If you find a block, 50.0 ROBO pops in your balance.  Difficulty right now is 100.0, which is pretty tough to mine for most computers... hence the PoW restructuring, which will kick in later today.

I still need to write some bits that compute the local miners hashrate...  I'll make sure to do that by the next release.  For now, open the task manager (or equivalent) and look at the CPU performance.  If your CPUs are maxed then you are mining.
espalhacartas

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:43:47 PM

If you find a block, 50.0 ROBO pops in your balance.  Difficulty right now is 100.0, which is pretty tough to mine for most computers... hence the PoW restructuring, which will kick in later today.

I still need to write some bits that compute the local miners hashrate...  I'll make sure to do that by the next release.  For now, open the task manager (or equivalent) and look at the CPU performance.  If your CPUs are maxed then you are mining.

Ok then  Grin

Keep up the good work!!!

I see a great future for this coin
roboproject (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 09:28:06 PM

Good afternoon everybody!  New PoW strategy should kick in at block #11886.  I suggest you ban any nodes still on version 0.15.1
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: