Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:34:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook and Instagram have banned advertising Bitcoin and ICO  (Read 1953 times)
7Pro

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:19:41 AM

there are so many other platform to advertised cryptocurrencies, if facebook banned advertising bitcoin and ICO's, including instalgram well i think it will  not affect the price of bitcoin and other altcoins.

Why are you sure that bitcoin notnget effect from this bad news?
I am sure bitcoin and other cryptocurrency willl go into bloody bath again after this news.
And another concern that no more facebook bounty.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:01:15 AM

This may not be a great deal for ICO and Bitcoin. The reason why is, there are still many mediums for ICOs and Bitcoin to help them promote it. One great example is Twitter over millions of users in it.

princ.imran

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

Web designer & developer https://nurictworld.com/

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 04:07:14 AM
Merited by Avirunes (1)

No,Facebook and Instagram do not banned advertising Bitcoin and ICO. But occasionally for some objectionable advertisements of ICO companies,Post deleted by facebook. If the advertisement is given correctly, then this will not be a problem.
hollet

Activity: 163
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:27:54 AM

No,Facebook and Instagram do not banned advertising Bitcoin and ICO. But occasionally for some objectionable advertisements of ICO companies,Post deleted by facebook. If the advertisement is given correctly, then this will not be a problem.

It is true, every advertisement builds that can be posted on facebook and instragam.
btcyoda

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:46:38 AM

This may not be a great deal for ICO and Bitcoin. The reason why is, there are still many mediums for ICOs and Bitcoin to help them promote it. One great example is Twitter over millions of users in it.

See daily we are seeing many fake project launching, so this may cause reduce fake companies. Many ICO listing website is checking the company background details for listing there. So, i think it is always a good sign for the crypto industry.
blackmagical

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:01:40 AM

Nothing will happen.
I think they think hard about this, there are many fake, scam ICO about cryptocurrency and they just want to protect their customer.
Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:12:08 AM

Nothing will happen.
I think they think hard about this, there are many fake, scam ICO about cryptocurrency and they just want to protect their customer.

true that. lot of sick ICOs are putting all cryptocurrency reputation to the dirt. I hope that will force people to think hard and to rise against scam projects.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:19:55 AM

The sentences mentioned by Facebook are typical ads to lead users to fraud services and losing money.

I would say catchy keywords those persuades potential investors to buy tokens/coins from the site or use their service.

One can determine what they are upto right from their post.

This is unreasonable, Facebook has violated the privacy of each individual, Each person has the right to post their favorite. I think Facebook does that to get a lot of attention because maybe this year Facebook will release a separate ICO named Facebook

I disagree. Even if each person has right to post that doesn't means you take on advantage of that. They also have rules to which you have comply with and post accordingly.

I also don't think that they are doing this just because there are rumours that they might be a starting their own ICO as well.

Best answer:

WeFundAnyDeal

Activity: 61

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:42:41 AM

What % of ICO funds are achieved through marketing on Facebook and Instagram ?
Sid3d

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:47:17 AM

I heard about such a problem in Facebook, but did not know that the instagram falls under these sanctions. This is a serious blow both for the project and for the bounty hunters. I wonder how the events will develop further.
badykvik

Activity: 895

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:12:29 PM

There might be many unscrupulous ICO's creating enormous confusion on Face Book for those that originally knows not what Bitcoin is all about. The fact remains that Face Book is still one of the most useful/famous social media in the world aiding Bitcoin in all ramification. Let us see the dead body before we talk about the corpse burial. I still take all these to be untrue/fallacy until it becomes legit. Do you believe that Standardized Bitcoin Team managers can never even sit down, fold arms and allow this to materialize? Come to think of it, before or after the advent of Bitcoin, had many unscrupulous facet aspect of life not dominated or has not been dominating Face Books? Why now Bitcoin? It's still a Taboo or Fork sheet to me.
ProfitIsland

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:57:30 PM

What % of ICO funds are achieved through marketing on Facebook and Instagram ?

Facebook gives a lot part of all investors (near 35%).
dliciaga

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:58:54 PM

Just got hit with the message:

Your ad wasn't approved because it doesn't follow our Advertising Policies.
We do not allow ads that promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices, such as binary options, initial coin offerings, or cryptocurrency.
This policy is part of an ongoing effort to improve the integrity and security of our ads, and to make it harder for scammers to profit from a presence on Facebook.
How to fix: Unfortunately, we don't support your business model. If you wish to continue advertising on Facebook, we suggest promoting a different service or product.

That sucks.
goodvibes05

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:01:28 PM

Facebook and Telagram already ban bitcoin and ICO advertisement, this also means any signature or bounty campaign will no longer have facebook campaign except for twitter. I think this new rules of facebook will have a bad effect for many ICO because 30-35% of their advertisement goes with  facebook campaign. If this new rules of facebook is already implemented it would be difficult now to promote on facebook.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:11:42 PM

If Facebook has started banning ads for ICO and all about crypto money, is it possible that in the future they will also ban bounty with facebook?
kendedes

Activity: 728

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

Perhaps that because of many false info added on the crypto currency advertisement, that are displayed by anyone who just take any advantages for them self.

▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀ ╙███▄▄
 █▀ ▄██▀└,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ¬╙▀ ▄▄
 ,▄█▀,▄▄█▀▀▀¡╓╓╓  ▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀ ▄█▀.▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█▄µ ▀█▄ ▀█╖
▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀`▄▄██▀▀██▄µ`┘,▄  ▄⌐╙█▄
▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀,▄▄▄▄▄µ└▀█▄ ▀█ ╙█╖╙█▌
▀ ▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀└;┌▀▀█▄ █▌ █▌ ║█ ▐█
╔▄┘ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▄ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█  ▄ ▐█
█▀ ██ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ██ ║█ ║█ ║█ ▐█
  █▌ ▄█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█┘╓█▌ █▌ █▌
 ██ ▄█ ▄█┘,█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀,█▌ ▄█
▐█ ╓█¬╓█H █▌ ██ ▄█▀ ╓ ▀ ▄█▀ █▀
██ ██ ██ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ╓█▀
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ ▄┐ █▌ █▌ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘
█▌ █▌    █▌
   █▌ █▌ ▀┘
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
▀┘ █▌ █▌ █▌
   ▀┘ ▀┘
Privix.

Become part of a decentralized virtual
private network based on masternodes
and start earning money today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
██
▀█
██

Sashapopov787

Activity: 700
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:20:11 PM

Hello! With facebook everything is clear, but how about Twitter? all is well?
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:06:43 PM

Perhaps that because of many false info added on the crypto currency advertisement, that are displayed by anyone who just take any advantages for them self.

I personally think that this move from the facebook and instagram are correct because there no one to check this legit project or not. Moreover they do not have the knowledge about it.
If they invested on the cryptocurrency they comes to know which is perfect project and not a scam attempt. They should have the employee team to work on that to define the right, so it will not work at all. Hence they banned the complete crypto currency projects there.
vdiablo3

Activity: 274

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:39:28 PM

Hello! With facebook everything is clear, but how about Twitter? all is well?

I retweeted and  tweeted about  ICO projects yesterday. And all is well. No ban) Don’t worry, be happy.

ragavancoin

Activity: 1432
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:32:35 PM

I think there no problem with Facebook doing advertising of ico or promotion the Bitcoin on Facebook, because of I am doing regularly without any problem.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █