Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:05:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've still got 80 sMerit to give away.  (Read 2311 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:54:34 PM

You realize that was just a garbage post, right?  Like this one?

I didn't think it was garbage, but as I said, the merit was for the fact that the poster appeared to have done some research before posting. Maybe I was conned, but I think researching before posting should be encouraged.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hero of Legendary

Activity: 94
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:04:20 AM

I gave you a merit for that post, and I suspect this will be another controversial award by me, so here is my justification.

The award was not really for the post, although it was precise and free from bloat. The award was for the fact that you had done some research before you made the post, and hopefully it will encourage others to do the same. Smiley

You realize that was just a garbage post, right?  Like this one?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2700855.msg28672524#msg28672524
Thank you Vod. Although you consider my post as garbage at least you gave a support to what I say by quoting that one. I believe you love to incourage the new one to spend time for reading which what I did to avoid shitposts. Also I can't see any problem of giving thanks to someone from a helpful link specially I am just a newbie and have no merit to offer.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
Leanna44

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 02:41:58 AM

Just go everywhere and give them to Newbies/Jr.Members that deserve them.
It's pretty hard to rank up now for them.
Its true, its so difficult to get some merits but ill just wait if somebody wants to give,if they think i really deserves .,i'll just be patience i have to take lots of ideas and informations for me to be more better.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:49:04 AM

Please i need too

You are a shitposter.  You will never receive any merit.  You might as well abandon your account now. :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:14:20 AM

Members who don't spend their sMerit should be punished because this is meant to spend for those people who deserve it. Maybe they just don't care for now but I hope in the future sMerit will be given to everyone specially for lower ranks.

It's quite a bit of work hunting for people to award sMerit, and it seems you don't get much thanks for it. I'm starting to understand why sMerit holders just dump their merit on out of date posts. If there was any indication that there would be a penalty for not allocating sMerit, then I would dump them immediately.

The point is we dont find good posts to give merit or even if we find, may people here are too lazy to give smerit.
Think of a point that 70% of the members here are to earn the BTC and tokens, so they don't care much in giving.

It is definitely a hard work to hunt for people to award sMerit. I also noticed that some out of date posts are given merits probably because what Jet Cash said.

But it is real that good posts are hard to find because some topics are being flooded by spams and because of that, quality posts are getting hard to notice.

And with what 2girls said I also think that some member here don't just care about the system or just to lazy to give smerit to somebody. I hope that all the members will not only be encouraged by this system to make quality posts but also be encouraged to give something to other members who deserve sMerit for their hard work.

Hero of Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:52:24 AM

This clear my unsettled thought about merit. Glad I found it here, I did make a lot of reading for this.

I gave you a merit for that post, and I suspect this will be another controversial award by me, so here is my justification.

The award was not really for the post, although it was precise and free from bloat. The award was for the fact that you had done some research before you made the post, and hopefully it will encourage others to do the same. Smiley
Thanks Jet Cash. The merit was much appreciated. I'm hoping that this simple message of mine would not make others think that I am a shitposter as there is no reason to be like that.  Smiley

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 09:06:04 AM

Thanks Jet Cash. The merit was much appreciated. I'm hoping that this simple message of mine would not make others think that I am a shitposter as there is no reason to be like that.  Smiley

I think you got me into trouble for awarding that point, but then what's new? I seem to be at variance with a lot of people about merits. In fact I'm starting to wonder if there should be an opt out choice. It would mean that you couldn't increase rank, but it would free you from all the bad feeling and abuse that is creeping into the merit system.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:16:25 AM

It's quite a bit of work hunting for people to award sMerit, and it seems you don't get much thanks for it. I'm starting to understand why sMerit holders just dump their merit on out of date posts. If there was any indication that there would be a penalty for not allocating sMerit, then I would dump them immediately.

I think newer members underestimate how much shitposting you have to wade through to find good posts. It takes work.

The only thing I would change is the maximum award per member per post. I think it should be reduced to 2. I suspect that the pattern of merit awards will be considered, and there will be some changes in the methods of creating sMerits and merit faucets.

Agreed there. The system loses meaning when some people are getting 20 or even 50 merits from one user, for a single post.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Hero of Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:15:11 AM

I think you got me into trouble for awarding that point, but then what's new? I seem to be at variance with a lot of people about merits. In fact I'm starting to wonder if there should be an opt out choice. It would mean that you couldn't increase rank, but it would free you from all the bad feeling and abuse that is creeping into the merit system.
If my simple word of honesty doesn't deserve for one merit by your act of goodness just to incourage the new comers then how much more the other got 50 merit from a nonsense post, this kind of post is more unworthy than mine. And if my post brings you trouble because some are questioning your goodness act, then merit is a big burden to a worthy person and to the good members in this community. But I don't think merit is a burden, it only goes like that because some are corrupt existing in this place misusing the merit. 

As far as what I understand for merit it is intentionally implemented to create a better community for the future that all new bitconers will become worthy for having a higher rank. I said this because merit is incouraging a person to create a quality post and this would stop the spammers and farming accounts. Meaning to say many of bitcoiners now that have a higher rank are considered as spammers and their quality is questionable even their merit. I also said this because I saw someone here demoted to Jr member from full member and his posts really bad. 

And now I'm hoping that this will saves you from trouble. Thanks once again.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:17:40 AM

Don't worry, I've been in trouble all my life for speaking my mind, and for being politically incorrect. Smiley

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:31:26 AM

I gave this guy a merit  for a nice introductory thread -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2891967

What a shame that it has sunk to page 3. There was a time when new members were  welcomed, and their intro threads we not sucked into the swamp.

inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:44:05 AM
Merited by Thirio (1)

I've been awarding points in ones and twos because I believe that that is the best way to encourage members to make good posts. This logic probably comes from the likes system on another professional forum that I frequent. I've been a member for just over 2 years, and I've received over 5,200 "likes" in that forum. Members can only award one like per post, but there is no limit to the number of likes an individual post can receive. I think this system has helped me to hone my posting, and it encourages me to make posts that members will find useful or amusing.

I've still got 80 sMerits because I don't go out hunting for posts to merit, but I just award them when I find a post that appeals to me. However, it is quite difficult to find these posts. The most promising boards ( the serious discussion ones ) tend to be neglected by most members. I don't visit the Frog Pond very much, as most of the threads seem to be worthless ( in my opinion ) long tail spam fests. I think I have given away too many on the Meta board - there are too many posts about Merit points, and I've just created another one. Smiley The beginners board ought to be the place for me to read threads, but that seems to be more about issues other than Bitcoin. Tech support has some interesting threads, but I'm not a power user of Bitcoin, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to make judgements there.

So what's the point of this thread. It's really a plea to turn the Frog Pond into a useful board for Bitcoiners. It wouldn't be too difficult to do. If the mods could lock the long tail spam fest threads so that they slipped away, and the non Bitcoin and newbie threads were moved to the appropiate boards, that would create some breathing space on the first page. There is also something that members could do, please start to make quality posts on the serious discussion boards.

ps. I don't sell sMerit, or give it to people who ask for it, sorry.
Your goal in this industry most especially using your merit to give away to deserving people just to drive them and make them motivated to continue posting quality stuffs are very inspirational, hopefully all the elders like you in the industry will have that same kind of attitude, more power to you sir, and have a blessed one ahead!
ariieep

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:18:26 PM

Pendapat anda benar pak,tetapi kurang bijaksana. Karena post yang yang bagus itu sifatnya mendidik untuk kemajuan forum ini agar tetap exis Dan pemberian smerit bukan ajang perlombaan. Terima kasih
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 203

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 03:52:46 PM

Hi Jet Cash.
I was just surfing the threads and saw your thread about rewarding Merits to deserving posts. As you and all of us have already seen the value of Merits already, I want to get as more of them as I can, and I won't leave a chance for doing that.
So, I won't ask you to give me Merits for no reason because I need them, because I don't, but I just want you to have a look at my posts from my profile and see if you find something worthy. And, don't tell anyone if you find nothing there.  Grin That was a joke, of course.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 04:10:08 PM

I don't run a merit soup kitchen I'm afraid, so I don't look at posts by request, sorry.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:25:03 AM

Sunday's update.

I'm glad I went on a spree awarding my sMerit. It took me through  lot of the boards here that I hadn't visited. The best one, and the one I wish I had found earlier is the Speculation sub-board. There are some knowledgeable posters there, and they areeven articulate. Smiley The graphic images that are embedded in some posts are clear and useful, and show that used correctly, images can enhance the value of an information post. At the moment, it isn't overrun with spam threads, so kudos to the mod for that board. The board is useful to me even though I am a long term investor ( sometimes called a HODLer ). Choosing the correct time to acquire Bitcoin can double your holding in these volatile times.

I've completely abandoned the Frog Pond, and I don't even bother to open the index. The beginners board can throw up some interesting threads, but there seem to be a lot of threads that ought to be on other boards such as the Alts, Mining and Meta. I've reduced the number of visits to Serious discussion - I had high hopes for these boards, but they seem to be moving in the direction ofthe |Frog Pond, and ignored by most of the "serious" members. I've given up on attempting to discuss crypto domain names - they seem to be ignored, or attract adverse comments. It is a major industry, and thereis a lot of support for bitcoin amongst investors. Prices seem to be increasing as well, so I am surprised that it doesn't attract  any interest here. Fortunately there are a lot of domaining forums around, but it would be nice to have some intelligent discussions about this important virtual asset here on Bitcoin Talk.

I've still got 30+ sMerit to award, so I'll have another look around today and see if I can find some deserving posts. Please don't spam me, or ask me to look at your posts, as I only award merits to posts that I like, and I don't seem to have the same standards of approval as many other members. Smiley

yepaiyique2

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:11:38 AM

Thank you for doing this, you are a good person!

If there are more people like you here, I'm sure a lot of beginners will be very grateful to you.

It is very difficult for beginners to get sMerit because they need to study hard!

You give them sMerit, they will learn very diligently!
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 10:40:24 AM

Sunday's update.
~snip~

Finally I see something different from merit issues for a while or I just don't look around.

I also encourage you to maybe look carefully to Jr.Member post if they are contributing helpful post.
As they only need 5 merit to rank Member.  Smiley
vina humaidah

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

IceChain is offering a decentralized and fast serv

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:16:45 PM
Merited by Abal Abal (1)

Your initiative is great
because with what you do can give motivation to a newbie to try to further develop in this forum

greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:32:48 PM
Merited by Taki (2)

Just go everywhere and give them to Newbies/Jr.Members that deserve them.
It's pretty hard to rank up now for them.

I think most Newbies and Jr. Members are bounty hunters. They are only want to rank up for signature bounties then hard to choose correct one to give merit. They have to make good posts for earn merit. I think bitcointalk rank up rules will be change more than in future.
Of course Newbies and Jr. Member are the most weak ranks here after new requirements, but do not forget about those ranks which stayed kinda on boarder, let's take myself as an example, it stayed just 2 activity points to the next rank to me, but by new rules I will not be able to raise to Sr. Member till I will not fill enough Merit points, just for the record, I need 147 more. With my current temp of getting Merits it will take months and maybe a whole year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: