Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:08:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've still got 80 sMerit to give away.  (Read 2308 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 09:54:20 AM

My sMerit seem to be breeding, I've given out quite a few, but I seem to be back up to 80 again. Giving them out seems to be getting close to having a job here. Smiley

Posts don't have to be outstanding for me to award sMerit, but they do have to be up to my own ideas of quality/usefulness. I'm sorry that it has to be personal, but that is really the only way that I can handle it. Unfortunately, this means that some outstanding technical posts don't get an award from me - this is because my level of knowledge is not up to understanding the post.

I don't have time to read all the threads here, so I only get to see a small proportion of the posts, but hopefull other members with sMerit can fill in the gaps. This is the advantage of a system that provides for peer approval of members posting.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:43:54 AM

It's not about what your thoughts are it's what's at play right this moment. Merits are determinants of ranks now. To achieve a new rank, your merit point has to be same with the rank post count requirements.

Merit doesn't determine rank, activity does that. Merit just blocks promotion for spammers who gained activity by abusing the forum.

If I may help you to clear the point and say it out loud to other person who read this thread.
I believe that ;
Activity is a tool to determine your level of account's rank

Merit is a tool to determine your level of quality as a person related to forum work and cryptocurrency

So, you can be a higher rank member but as a person you re still a low class rank member, or you can be a lower rank member but you re a high quality person for this forum (in short, you re worthy).
Activity needs merit to fight the spammer, abuser, and account farmer. Merit needs activity to make sure people rank up in a proper time so there is no account which suddenly get into higher rank members just because that account got so many merit in a day.

While I agree with the merit system and praise the admin/s for their decision to help prevent the stream of low quality posts on the system, it could be seen as a flaw with the activity system. Im not sure if the post/time requirements Ive read before are in place (as in you can only get x amount of activity a week and you need to post x amount of times). Ive seen people ranking up pretty quickly, you can especially see this in ICO organisers accounts who post regularly on their threads. If a person actively participates in the forum for a long period of time then do they not deserve to rank up? If people are only giving out merit for 'outstanding' posts instead of 'beneficial' posts then some people may miss out entirely. There is a lot of politics that enter the frey with a merit system and I hope that the admin/s keep an eye on how it progressing to ensure it is working as they hoped it would.

Absolutely this. The merit system is welcomed and necessary, however as it currently stands with so many established members here saying it's good to only hand out 1 merit at a time for good quality posts - it makes the activity system obsolete since now ranking up will take months if not years per rank. If this is the new goal, then activity requirements should also be made more difficult, perhaps 3x as high as they are currently to reflect the difficulty in acquiring merit. Already we can see a lot of members with the required activity but not enough merit - and some of them are good posters.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 12:02:31 PM

Already we can see a lot of members with the required activity but not enough merit - and some of them are good posters.

That isn't a fault of the merit system, but the fault of members who don't want to act and help to rebuild the forum into a worthwhile asset for Bitcoin and the Bitcoin community.

As I have posted elsewhere, merit isn't a requirement for rank upgrade, but it is a filtering system to ensure that activity is not abused. Activity is the toll road through the community that leads to the next platform. Merits are the tokens you receive on the way through the community, and are used to pay the gatekeeper when he opens the gates for activity evaluation. If you don't have enough to pay the gatekeeper, then you have to go back to the community to earn some more tokens. Well it isn't really a payment, as you get to keep the merits, but it is a badge of worth that is awarded by the community. Because it should be a community award, and not a system of bribery, I think there should be a fairly low cap on individual awards.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
scorpionso

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:09:31 PM

Just go everywhere and give them to Newbies/Jr.Members that deserve them.
It's pretty hard to rank up now for them.

I think most Newbies and Jr. Members are bounty hunters. They are only want to rank up for signature bounties then hard to choose correct one to give merit. They have to make good posts for earn merit. I think bitcointalk rank up rules will be change more than in future.

your words are valid for most of people in this forum. because everyone needs money  Smiley even so I also support merit system to protect this forum from junk posts.
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:16:08 PM

Already we can see a lot of members with the required activity but not enough merit - and some of them are good posters.

That isn't a fault of the merit system, but the fault of members who don't want to act and help to rebuild the forum into a worthwhile asset for Bitcoin and the Bitcoin community.

As I have posted elsewhere, merit isn't a requirement for rank upgrade, but it is a filtering system to ensure that activity is not abused. Activity is the toll road through the community that leads to the next platform. Merits are the tokens you receive on the way through the community, and are used to pay the gatekeeper when he opens the gates for activity evaluation. If you don't have enough to pay the gatekeeper, then you have to go back to the community to earn some more tokens. Well it isn't really a payment, as you get to keep the merits, but it is a badge of worth that is awarded by the community. Because it should be a community award, and not a system of bribery, I think there should be a fairly low cap on individual awards.

Wherever the fault may lie, it's still non Hero/Legendary members that foot the burden. And ironically it's only Hero/Legendary members that have the faucet to distribute merit down the chain, and a lot of us see most of this just being awarded to other faucets in a circle. It is great though that you're contributing 80 merit to posters here, but how many others are doing that? I'm not critiquing the merit system though, I like it and agree with it, but the activity requirements just feels out of sync with it - it means on average for every activity you gain, you should be gaining one merit, and it's nearly impossible to acquire merit at that rate. It just feels out of sync.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 12:23:51 PM

I'm not a faucet, I have to earn my sMerit. I don't want the responsibility of being a faucet either, as I don't want to become an alt moderator, and that what the faucets should be. I just award sMerit to post that conform to my own subjective ideas. We really need other members to award points to good posters with different opinions and skills.

Carisba

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:32:35 PM

The idea itself is good, too many fake accounts just to make money in the bounty or just for the purpose of selling them. But at the same time, ti must be revised  because, being limited, someone started to profit by selling the merits . Probably I think there should be some kind of moderation to check that really the merits have been given to really constructive posts.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:36:12 PM

While I agree with the merit system and praise the admin/s for their decision to help prevent the stream of low quality posts on the system, it could be seen as a flaw with the activity system. Im not sure if the post/time requirements Ive read before are in place (as in you can only get x amount of activity a week and you need to post x amount of times). Ive seen people ranking up pretty quickly, you can especially see this in ICO organisers accounts who post regularly on their threads. If a person actively participates in the forum for a long period of time then do they not deserve to rank up? If people are only giving out merit for 'outstanding' posts instead of 'beneficial' posts then some people may miss out entirely. There is a lot of politics that enter the frey with a merit system and I hope that the admin/s keep an eye on how it progressing to ensure it is working as they hoped it would.

Okay, first of all, we are facing merit system now, so it cant be applied to the people who get the rank before the system applied. They got that because they are in this forum for long and play by the rules back then and they got the ranks. Maybe they are not a good quality poster, but nothing can be done right now.

Secondly, lets think about this merit points as a score for you when you are in a college or work.

Quote from: college
When you re at the college, you can be at the college for a long time, but do you deserve to graduate (rank up to real life worker person) when you don't pass the exams? Do you deserve to graduate just because you are already long enough studying on the college? nope I guess, you need to pass the exam with the minimal score to graduate (rank up) and the score for this forum is this merit points.

Quote from: work
When you re at the work, you can be working for a company for a long time, but do you deserve to get the promotion to upper position when you don't have something to offer? Do you deserve to get the promotion just because you do the usual work (your usual work is beneficial for the company tho) long enough? nope I guess, if its to be applied then all workers will be at top level position then, you need something to get the promotion like extra work, great work, etc, not just the usual work. In fact, there are many people that is younger and has not working for a long time who got the promotion to upper position. And the extra work here is stated by merit points in this forum.

I am not going to discuss about politics, but it is just a real life law that is applied to this forum, and people thinks that they are free from the real world when they are on the internet.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 05:24:19 PM

Having a wallet full of sMerit is a bit of a responsibilty. I seem to have reduced it  bit, so I'm a bit more relaxed this afternoon. Hopefully this will give me the chance to research the current problems of running a node under Windows 10.

Anditya

Activity: 770
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:40:56 AM

When everyone complains, do we also have to complain. I think just enjoy what has become our ability. Maybe one moment people will appreciate us.

When we consider the post we created is the best post we ever made, because it must search for so many sources, but not one person respects us, take the positive. What we do is knowledge for ourselves.

Like the philosophy contained in Bitcoin, He is valuable because people think of him as valuable. It is precious because it makes it worthwhile.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:52:02 AM

Members who don't spend their sMerit should be punished because this is meant to spend for those people who deserve it. Maybe they just don't care for now but I hope in the future sMerit will be given to everyone specially for lower ranks.
stevenwong2107

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:16:44 AM

The institutionalization system by Merit, for newbie and jr, is obstructive grow, as an newbie come to this forum is for study more, can not write an high technical article or post(unless plagiarism). But for this new Merit system how can i understand there is a source for real beginning to stronger?  We can find it is have effect on spam, but it is also headache for newbie and jr. how can we got the merit?  beg or how to write some good quality post? who care's? so i even just come to here to see some post and do not write anything now, and even reduce to come here. So for an good institutionalization system i think is not to stop the newbie on it way
myrliska1313

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:03:11 AM

For newbie and not high ranks, this is a very big problem, for those who have been moving around here for a long time and understand well in the crypto currency, it will not be difficult to collect merit, but for those who are just starting, it's like a noose around your neck, waiting for someone likes your constructive message, now develop account has become much more difficult and longer. It's  not fair Tongue
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 09:21:36 AM
Merited by Vod (2), marky89 (2)

Members who don't spend their sMerit should be punished because this is meant to spend for those people who deserve it. Maybe they just don't care for now but I hope in the future sMerit will be given to everyone specially for lower ranks.

It's quite a bit of work hunting for people to award sMerit, and it seems you don't get much thanks for it. I'm starting to understand why sMerit holders just dump their merit on out of date posts. If there was any indication that there would be a penalty for not allocating sMerit, then I would dump them immediately.

2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:35:05 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

It's quite a bit of work hunting for people to award sMerit, and it seems you don't get much thanks for it. I'm starting to understand why sMerit holders just dump their merit on out of date posts. If there was any indication that there would be a penalty for not allocating sMerit, then I would dump them immediately.

The point is we dont find good posts to give merit or even if we find, may people here are too lazy to give smerit.
Think of a point that 70% of the members here are to earn the BTC and tokens, so they don't care much in giving.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

The point is we dont find good posts to give merit or even if we find, may people here are too lazy to give smerit.
Think of a point that 70% of the members here are to earn the BTC and tokens, so they don't care much in giving.

Exactly. people only come here just to earn and not to give. They dont give a shit about this new merrit system and they only care about bounties and signature campaigns.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 09:43:29 AM

Some people have embraced the system, some of us have even gone out of our way to start threads like this, but quality threads for the lower ranks are few and far between. I am pretty sure that over the next few months I will end up helping to Level UP SR and Hero members more than the lower ranks.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Carisba

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:47:04 AM

Among other things, this system destroy the community because promotes merits to comments with the same line of thought, no one will ever merit for "good comments" with which you do not agree.
lukyanli

Activity: 40
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:48:48 AM

Members do not realize that even those campaigns and bounty programs will leave this forum if they do not see good returns. At such, we should do our best to contribute to the merit system (by giving merits to quality posts) for improvement of this forum.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 09:49:59 AM

Among other things, this system destroy the community because promotes merits to comments with the same line of thought, no one will ever merit for "good comments" with which you do not agree.

nope not at all. It destroys the chance of 3rd world account farmers leveling up accounts, once all those accounts stop trying then there will be less shitposts for everyone to trawl through. Less posts = More merits.. Even the likes of Lauda will be handing  out to unknowns then as they will see quality posts and will reward them, Just wait and see..

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████