Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2019, 06:12:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Plagiarism and copy/paste posts  (Read 3930 times)
mdayonliner

Activity: 490
Merit: 363

I always respected forum rules even private ones

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 05:05:31 PM

@mdayonliner don't be lazy  Wink

What have I done mate?  Roll Eyes Can you help me with some lights?  Grin

No clue yet. I just searched with my username and seeing all these conversations where I was mentioned by members. Another one is here. That was an innocent mistake and I understood that.

I could not stand the lies against me anymore. I can not prove them wrong too. It's better I live in peace.
So, I am willingly locking mdayonliner. Thank you BitcoinTalk. Be addictive, be a Bitcoiner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Baoo

Activity: 364
Merit: 56

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:27:46 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 02:43:19 PM by Baoo

Username: Tolik18101988

Copy post:

Hello guys, I see that many traders are afraid of risk, and they always want a guaranteed profit, but unfortunately, this gain is always  a little in value.
And in many threads, they always ask about "how to make a safe method in trading".

For me, the risk is essential in every field ( especially in  trading) to win a lot of money. Furthermore, when you are afraid, then you will never achieve what you want.
Many businessmen/women (billionaires) and  successful traders become rich because they take risks.
Archived

Original post (my thread):
Hello guys, I see that many traders are afraid of risk, and they always want a guaranteed profit, but unfortunately, this gain is always  a little in value.
And in many threads, they always ask about "how to make a safe method in trading".

For me, the risk is essential in every field ( especially in  trading) to win a lot of money. Furthermore, when you are afraid, then you will never achieve what you want.
Many businessmen/women (billionaires) and  successful traders become rich because they take risks.

Matthias9515

Activity: 840
Merit: 800

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:56:38 AM

Copy paste: baris553

Proof: https://archive.fo/3mc7V#selection-1187.0-1187.219

Real
Bundan daha önce bende üniversite için bir anket hazırlamıştım fakat bu çok daha detaylı olmuş ayrıca mixer gibi gizlilik hizmeti sağlayan servisleri bile bildiğinize göre Bitcoin ve blokzincir teknolojisi hakkında baya bir bilgi sahibisiniz. Ben anketi doldurdum, sizden tek bir isteğim var o da sonuç linkini bizimle paylaşmanız.

Copy paste
üniversite için bir anket hazırlamıştım fakat bu çok daha detaylı olmuş ayrıca mixer gibi gizlilik hizmeti sağlayan servisleri bile bildiğinize göre Bitcoin ve blokzincir teknolojisi hakkında baya bir bilgi sahibisiniz.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1200

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 07:21:45 PM

Not sure why the above two posters, chose this topic to plagiarize! Cheesy Shocked

Name: ddurrel

Copy (archived):
This has little to do with "courtesy," and using that term trivializes the offense of plagiarism.  It makes it sound like, "Oops, I'm sorry, I meant to give you credit.  I'll be sure to mention you next time."  That might be something friends or colleagues do in casual conversation in settings where everyone knows and works closely with each other, but the moment you present it as your work either in written, spoken, or published form, it's no longer about courtesy.

Name: m4ckinaw

Copy (archived):
While I can't speak for everyone who's done it, it's not hard at all to guess as to why people would do it: Laziness (it's a lot easier to just take what somebody else said rather than do your own work), ignorance (often people really don't seem to understand that there's a moral/ethical and academic integrity problem in doing this), or intentional deception (they like the answer or particular wording that somebody else gave and want people to think it was theirs).  Often it's more than one of these reasons in combination.

Original (archived):
This has little to do with "courtesy," and using that term trivializes the offense of plagiarism.  It makes it sound like, "Oops, I'm sorry, I meant to give you credit.  I'll be sure to mention you next time."  That might be something friends or colleagues do in casual conversation in settings where everyone knows and works closely with each other, but the moment you present it as your work either in written, spoken, or published form, it's no longer about courtesy.

No, plagiarism is taking someone else's work and passing it off as your own.

While I can't speak for everyone who's done it, it's not hard at all to guess as to why people would do it: Laziness (it's a lot easier to just take what somebody else said rather than do your own work), ignorance (often people really don't seem to understand that there's a moral/ethical and academic integrity problem in doing this), or intentional deception (they like the answer or particular wording that somebody else gave and want people to think it was theirs).  Often it's more than one of these reasons in combination.

As to the specific mode/method you named (of copying & pasting), that's simple: Technology makes it quick and easy, especially if any of those reasons are in play.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 4638

Largest Merit Circle on BPIP!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 07:47:05 PM

Not sure why the above two posters, chose this topic to plagiarize! Cheesy Shocked
Incorrect bot settings.

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1629

grand inquisitor clown car member

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:41:46 PM

@mdayonliner don't be lazy  Wink

What have I done mate?  Roll Eyes Can you help me with some lights?  Grin

No clue yet. I just searched with my username and seeing all these conversations where I was mentioned by members. Another one is here. That was an innocent mistake and I understood that.

Man, that was 1 month ago   Cheesy

But if I recall correctly, it was something about this plagiarism https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2855895.msg35621624#msg35621624

"Someone" pointed that is plagiarism from media and "someone else" pointed that it is from his media.

I took deeper research and found out article from media is also plagiarism and both "users" were wrong at that time.

So most likely when I said "don't be lazy" I was referring to that, i don't know, can't recall any more as the topic has been trashed, but I think you said it was from media and vod tagged account then I said it was from his media and vod removed tag and then I found out from where it was.  Grin Yeah, makes sense.  Roll Eyes 

Btw, congrats on 100+ merits  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.