Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:17:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin loses its popularity ?  (Read 5654 times)
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:55:34 AM

I don't think bitcoin loses its popularity when it ended up devalue. The falling price issue of bitcoin made it more popular today because it's the apple of the eyes of some people. The curiosity of "when will bitcoin recover" has a big impact to others and they come up with the idea of reading an article and watching videos about the perceptions of economists and financial analysts. Bitcoin is supported and trending everyday.

I totally agree most of us even new comers are waiting for btc to recover. Basically,  btc is at the top of food chain wherein if it grows for sure the others will follow. Whenever I tell my friends about crypto still they will say "is that bitcoin? " well lets say that btc will not recover but still no other coin can go at the #1 spot. Popularity might affect btc but I dont think that it will be reason if it ended up with no value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ccabz

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:00:08 AM

Right now there are more coins available in the market which gives you more profit than bitcoin.
Bitcoin price is also not stable.
All these factors affect its popularity ??
What you think, still bitcoin is more popular ?

I am afraid that is not true..  One of the reason why bitcoin decreases its value because there are people who always talk negative about cryptocurrency because it can really affect business of other business man who are not in favor of cryptocurrency.  But then again, decreasing the value of bitcoin and other altcoin is just part of the process,  along the way Bitcoin and other Altcoins will increase.   Cool   Cool   Cool
Nimfa Sodela

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:06:47 AM

Right now there are more coins available in the market which gives you more profit than bitcoin.

It's easy to set up compared to other bank account, bitcoin can be set up in minutes or even seconds. That's why bitcoin is more popular.
Dilladupak

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:21:06 AM

I'm sure that bitcoin can not lose its popularity, because bitcoin is so popular around the world. Even bitcoin is a positive thing to get the easy way, especially in my country, bitcoin is very valuable for those who are very easy to use, both in terms of investment and the most secure transactions to earn income.
AdoboCandies

Activity: 680
Merit: 173

Giggity

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:34:29 AM

Bitcoin is still the basis of some alt coins or alternative coins.
eifer0910

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:07:10 AM

I dont think bitcointalk will loss its popularity. It is very well known to our country and to others so I dont think it losses its popularity mostly this right of time.

Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:20:46 AM

The exchange rates can never be considered as a measurement of the popularity. The user-base for Bitcoin remains stable, and is growing at a steady pace. In that regard, I would say that the popularity of Bitcoin is increasing.
Bayoe_noe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:22:23 AM

of course the bitcoin is more popular despite the many cryptocurrencies that now appear. bitcoin is a barometer of digital money, although many people earn profits from other cryptoes, but they will still use bitcoin to make a profit or to invest long-term. because bitcoin is the first digital currency, and its exchange rate is very high...
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:37:12 AM

of course the bitcoin is more popular despite the many cryptocurrencies that now appear. bitcoin is a barometer of digital money, although many people earn profits from other cryptoes, but they will still use bitcoin to make a profit or to invest long-term. because bitcoin is the first digital currency, and its exchange rate is very high...

Though bitcoin's  value may go down sometimes, still it doesn't lose its popularity. And it doesn't stay for too long in a low. It goes back to a higher value. But the bitcoin community is still considered stable. It just makes it more popular. Just believe in cryptocurrency. There is really a future for cryptocurrency.
JesVarez

Activity: 295

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:47:36 AM

Though bitcoin's  value may go down sometimes, still it doesn't lose its popularity. And it doesn't stay for too long in a low. It goes back to a higher value. But the bitcoin community is still considered stable. It just makes it more popular. Just believe in cryptocurrency. There is really a future for cryptocurrency.
I agree with this, crypto can be really huge in a future. Bitcoin is gaining a lot of popularity on the news and I think that will attract more and more people to it, even if there is another downhill like the one we just had, that could have brought more people into looking it up on the Internet to know what it is.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:01:04 AM

I agree with this, crypto can be really huge in a future. Bitcoin is gaining a lot of popularity on the news and I think that will attract more and more people to it, even if there is another downhill like the one we just had, that could have brought more people into looking it up on the Internet to know what it is.
It does not loses its popularity it just  happened that this time a lot of people are enjoying their profit and had withdrawn some of their holdings and it is just a normal thing, we should be able to see this after a huge break that  happened last year. Not meeting our high expectation does not mean it is dying it is just making a rest after a big break.

last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:14:16 AM

I don't think so Bitcoin is still one of the best known crypto currency . bitcoin is still the king of them all and one in which most of the people have faith. Bitcoin is still dominating the market from front. Its popularity is increasing daily. No other coin is stable.It is the first ever digital currency and it will never lose its brilliance. 

Yes, it is. And it is only gaining the popularity that will help it in future to become more powerful and grow in its price. I believe that BTC will be used worldwide.
hamdun

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:20:57 AM

Bitcoin still remains the most popular of the other coins, the price of all crypto coins is unstable but bitcoin is the strongest to survive.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:53:36 AM

Not in my country,it sounds very noisy and people are getting rich and richer because of bitcoin,teen agers are very vocal about bitcoin that's the reason why I'm very interested to join here. But as of now the price of bitcoin was down.then it is sad ,In business strategy, its time buy a coin now  and sell it when it is on peak.
rb26

Activity: 247
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

It is sad but Bitcoin best years are over  Undecided Mainly because bitcoin became so congested and stopped developing itself while other currencies progressed.  It doesn't help also that only big miners can mine BTC and not average GPU/CPU users. This is not what Sathoshi wanted. Mining should be available for everyone.

And seeing as the blockchain's congestion and mining privilege, more alts are coming out to solve these problems. Take for example the ETN, their main target is mass adoption and introducing cryptocurrency in a simplest way. And many more alts will definitely come in the near future.

But now we have hard fork called Bitcoin Cash which is 8 times faster and much cheaper, which resembles Satoshi idea more closely. And many other altcoins to choose from.

I must say that some people say that they are considering BCH as the real BTC as its characteristics are based on Satoshi's whitepaper. And today, btc is being considered as the real btc only because it has the majority of the hashpower. Thus no matter what its name, bch is also considered as btc.

mr.bean865

Activity: 130

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:03:03 AM

Bitcoin is the number 1. The other coin is dependent on bitcoin. The coin drops will all decrease with. Except for the currency manipulated by DEV

Whether bitcoin is losing or gaining prices but right now it is the most popular just because of its success in the past year and in future if prices go down then everyone will say bitcoin is in dip and invest more and if it rises then everyone will be happy who invested earlier but in any case it will remain the most popular thing.
echo11

Activity: 188
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:14:37 AM

Yes it somehow loses its popularity at somepoint but bitcoin is still popular, popularity of it might be the one factor why bitcoin value drops but it is not about that thing it is also from some sort of issue like some government ban it, it is not about that thing because bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency created and it will be always the top over other cryptocurrency.
Altf4

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:24:16 AM
Merited by Ekimzjames20 (2)

Yes it somehow loses its popularity at somepoint but bitcoin is still popular, popularity of it might be the one factor why bitcoin value drops but it is not about that thing it is also from some sort of issue like some government ban it, it is not about that thing because bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency created and it will be always the top over other cryptocurrency.

I think in my opinion bitcoin is not losing its popularity,the only thing that make the bitcoin value down is due to its volatility in the coin world but as you can see bitcoin is still on the top rank among other coins so it is still being patronize by others.

PalindromemordnilaP

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 11:27:49 AM

How can bitcoin not be popular and is not anymore popular if bitcoin is the talk in television, the internet and media? Bitcoin is indeed mainstream. Looking at the cryptoworld, you can say it's not popular anymore if it's not in the radar already.

LordTricky

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:28:15 AM

I think in my opinion bitcoin is not losing its popularity,the only thing that make the bitcoin value down is due to its volatility in the coin world but as you can see bitcoin is still on the top rank among other coins so it is still being patronize by others.

WRONG it is tanking because nobody with any brains are sharing ID with exchanges, it is called supply and demand, why would anybody demand something that costs them a complete loss of privacy??? Roll on a penny a coin or the outlawing of KYC stupidity...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: