Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:33:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BITTUBE | NOW LIVE | NO PREMINE | NO ICO | FIRST AIRTIME MEDIA PLAYER  (Read 79810 times)
greml

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:31:33 PM

This project looks great.
Having a working product already is a huge plus.
But the site needs a much better design.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptonomicon25

Activity: 460
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:54:53 PM

10k reward in first unknown number of blocks which gives early miners so many coins. which is unfair as they also had lowdifficulty to start with

~16.360.000 IPBC were premined aka first 1636 blocks were 10.000 IPBC each aka "// Sorry. My bad."

Yeah...no. Early miners got a higher reward than they should have for less than 24 hours because of an initial error in the coin config. That's not a premine. The extra rewards were spread among all of the early miners, a premine goes right into the Devs' wallets. Big difference.

We all get that you weren't one of those early miners and that you're bitter about it, but stop with the trolling and FUD.

this is not trolling nor fud. I have been mining. In first few pages. dev said the 10k blocks that pool mined were a 'bug' and those pools need to update. And yet, they continue on the same chain which dev said was a 'bug' to give out 10k blocks. But if you're going to mask your lies by calling everything trolling and fud. I am going to stay away from this project and will ask everyone else do the same.

Funny, I wasn't even replying to you yet you seem to take it very personally. Calling it a "premine", which is the post I replied to, is FUD plain and simple by any normal definition of what a premine is.

As for "my lies" and the rest of your reply, I have no connection to the project at all. Go ahead and show me where anything I posted is factually incorrect.

There was an error made in the coin config. It resulted in 10K rewards for blocks mined in the first day of mining. The error was fixed within 24 hours of mining starting, and the pools were made aware that they needed to update. This affected approximately 1.6% of all coins to be mined, leaving 98.4% unaffected. Those are the facts.

there is no such thing as error resulting in a block reward giving 10k for 24 hours. I am sure it was as intentional as it was left out of the discussion of this thread. 1.8% of supply instamined by miners will be dumped on the investors the first day it hits the exchange. It would be nice if the information was written on the first thread. So we would know this coin has been instamined due to 'error'. But don't bother replying to this. This is an exercise in futility as the coin is already weeks old.

There is no such thing as an error like that? Do you even understand programming and coin configs? Yet you are "sure" that it was intentional without providing any evidence of the sort. It seems you also don't know the definition of instamine, all coins have a low diff in the beginning, this is not an "instamine". Is your user name ironic?
smartcrypto

Activity: 317

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:17:49 PM

10k reward in first unknown number of blocks which gives early miners so many coins. which is unfair as they also had lowdifficulty to start with

~16.360.000 IPBC were premined aka first 1636 blocks were 10.000 IPBC each aka "// Sorry. My bad."

Yeah...no. Early miners got a higher reward than they should have for less than 24 hours because of an initial error in the coin config. That's not a premine. The extra rewards were spread among all of the early miners, a premine goes right into the Devs' wallets. Big difference.

We all get that you weren't one of those early miners and that you're bitter about it, but stop with the trolling and FUD.

this is not trolling nor fud. I have been mining. In first few pages. dev said the 10k blocks that pool mined were a 'bug' and those pools need to update. And yet, they continue on the same chain which dev said was a 'bug' to give out 10k blocks. But if you're going to mask your lies by calling everything trolling and fud. I am going to stay away from this project and will ask everyone else do the same.

Funny, I wasn't even replying to you yet you seem to take it very personally. Calling it a "premine", which is the post I replied to, is FUD plain and simple by any normal definition of what a premine is.

As for "my lies" and the rest of your reply, I have no connection to the project at all. Go ahead and show me where anything I posted is factually incorrect.

There was an error made in the coin config. It resulted in 10K rewards for blocks mined in the first day of mining. The error was fixed within 24 hours of mining starting, and the pools were made aware that they needed to update. This affected approximately 1.6% of all coins to be mined, leaving 98.4% unaffected. Those are the facts.

there is no such thing as error resulting in a block reward giving 10k for 24 hours. I am sure it was as intentional as it was left out of the discussion of this thread. 1.8% of supply instamined by miners will be dumped on the investors the first day it hits the exchange. It would be nice if the information was written on the first thread. So we would know this coin has been instamined due to 'error'. But don't bother replying to this. This is an exercise in futility as the coin is already weeks old.

There is no such thing as an error like that? Do you even understand programming and coin configs? Yet you are "sure" that it was intentional without providing any evidence of the sort. It seems you also don't know the definition of instamine, all coins have a low diff in the beginning, this is not an "instamine". Is your user name ironic?

Not true. how can you have such a mistake that the block rewards for first x blocks are 10k per block? They are simply exlpained in the coin configs defined in main.cpp or main.h file(I am assuming the coin is written in c++ like the litecoin and bitcoin etc). Computers are not humans making mistakes. They follow simple instructions.

Having 470 coins per block, but 10k coins in the starting blocks is THE definition of an instamine.
Thebestis7950

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:43:09 PM

Give the guys a break
This is the first PoW project I have seen with working product at launch in 5 yrs being in crypto
If you dont like it
Go somewhere else

AQ16LcTPQcYXH9BhQTQfVDe7JtYNwdDaXj
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:00:33 PM

Not true. how can you have such a mistake that the block rewards for first x blocks are 10k per block? They are simply exlpained in the coin configs defined in main.cpp or main.h file(I am assuming the coin is written in c++ like the litecoin and bitcoin etc). Computers are not humans making mistakes. They follow simple instructions.

Having 470 coins per block, but 10k coins in the starting blocks is THE definition of an instamine.

An error was made in CryptoNoteConfig.h where the tail emission was set to 10,000. This was acknowledged in Post 132 and subsequently fixed as noted in Post 137. It was human error that was fixed ASAP, not once has anybody suggested that it was deliberately coded so that "...the block rewards for first x blocks are 10k per block". Except for you.

Maybe a little more reading and a little less calling people liars for explaining demonstrable facts to you might be in order.

smartcrypto

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:00:39 PM

Give the guys a break
This is the first PoW project I have seen with working product at launch in 5 yrs being in crypto
If you dont like it
Go somewhere else

agreed, this project is refreshing to see amid all the scam in crypto. I wish for success of this coin. Just a little transparency doesn't hurt.  Smiley
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:15:10 PM

I managed to get the event of exchange launch on CoinMarketCal.

https://coinmarketcal.com/?form%5Bdate_range%5D=21%2F02%2F2018+-+22%2F02%2F2018&form%5Bsort_by%5D=&form%5Bfilter_by%5D=&form%5Bsubmit%5D=

It would be nice if people could verify that Cheesy

the source provided is from the twitter page update.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
bee_irl

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:22:50 PM

An error was made in CryptoNoteConfig.h where the tail emission was set to 10,000. This was acknowledged in Post 132 and subsequently fixed as noted in Post 137. It was human error that was fixed ASAP, not once has anybody suggested that it was deliberately coded so that "...the block rewards for first x blocks are 10k per block". Except for you.

Maybe a little more reading and a little less calling people liars for explaining demonstrable facts to you might be in order.

Please explain in your own words how this “fix” actually resolved the issue. Let’s talk in facts from here on out instead of appealing to emotion and using personal attacks.

Here are the facts:

1. The block reward was multiplied by 10,000 “accidentally”.
2. The solution to this “accident” was to adjust the block reward down with a hard fork.
3. Everyone who mines this coin now is wasting their time because the devs who mined the majority of all early blocks have a 10,000x lead on everyone else and own 90% of coins.
4. The devs are claiming this is not a pre-mine or instamine, even though this is the exact definition of an instamine.
5. The proper “solution” would have been to change nothing. Imagine if the hard-fork to reduce the block reward had never happened. The only negative effect of multiplying the block reward is an increase in total supply of coins. Which as we know from IOTA and DOGE does not matter. You could have a coin with 20 trillion coins rewarded per block, it doesn’t matter, because people will simply move the decimal place.

In other words, the “solution” chosen by the dev team reduced everyone else’s block reward while keeping theirs the same. The correct solution would have been to do nothing.

Why did the devs choose to give themselves 16 million coins as the solution to this “mishap”?

Please explain.
smartcrypto

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:48:46 PM

So far, all I have written are facts. No speculation. personally I mined the coins because it seems great. Yet the early blocks which had 10k each makes it impossible to be a worthwhile investment from both the miner and the investor's perspective.  And don't give me BS. I have mined this coin for 7 days. Which is now nothing more than a lost hashing power.
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:24:52 PM

So far, all I have written are facts. No speculation. personally I mined the coins because it seems great. Yet the early blocks which had 10k each makes it impossible to be a worthwhile investment from both the miner and the investor's perspective.  And don't give me BS. I have mined this coin for 7 days. Which is now nothing more than a lost hashing power.

Almost nothing you have written is a fact, and you have yet to apologize for calling me a liar when every word that I wrote about what happened was not only true, but has been demonstrated to be true. It's not worth the keystrokes arguing with you about how 1.6% of the coins were mined when 98.4% of them are left to be mined.

Thebestis7950

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:59:58 PM

Please explain in your own words how this “fix” actually resolved the issue. Let’s talk in facts from here on out instead of appealing to emotion and using personal attacks.

Here are the facts:

2. The solution to this “accident” was to adjust the block reward down with a hard fork.
3. Everyone who mines this coin now is wasting their time because the devs who mined the majority of all early blocks have a 10,000x lead on everyone else and own 90% of coins.
4. The devs are claiming this is not a pre-mine or instamine, even though this is the exact definition of an instamine.
5. The proper “solution” would have been to change nothing. Imagine if the hard-fork to reduce the block reward had never happened. The only negative effect of multiplying the block reward is an increase in total supply of coins. Which as we know from IOTA and DOGE does not matter. You could have a coin with 20 trillion coins rewarded per block, it doesn’t matter, because people will simply move the decimal place.

In other words, the “solution” chosen by the dev team reduced everyone else’s block reward while keeping theirs the same. The correct solution would have been to do nothing.

Why did the devs choose to give themselves 16 million coins as the solution to this “mishap”?

Please explain.

The devs didn’t give themselves 16 million coins
The mining was fair and free to all launch
I myself mined 50k
I know some guys who mined 500k
If you guys were quick and mined on day one you would have got lots of coins as well
If it’s a big problem sell you coins when comes on exchange
Many people will happily buy them off you once project gets exposure

AQ16LcTPQcYXH9BhQTQfVDe7JtYNwdDaXj
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:10:52 PM

Here are the facts:

Please explain.

The devs didn’t give themselves 16 million coins
The mining was fair and free to all launch
I myself mined 50k
I know some guys who mined 500k
If you guys were quick and mined on day one you would have got lots of coins as well
If it’s a big problem sell you coins when comes on exchange
Many people will happily buy them off you once project gets exposure

This i agree on. I dont know how you guys are comparing projects on what basis.

worst case scenario the devs have some coins right.. small percentage of total... dont you think for what they are developed and will further they atleast deserve that.

In this season of ICO and premines and etc they dare to launch the coin like this. 

Every project has ups and down. Honestly even i cudnt mine must but that doesnt bother me because have a look at the project man.. its better than most of the fake shit which cannot be delivered in near 5 years yet have raised loads of money and for what.

Time will tell if this project goes as intended or becomes a fail but just accusing from the start itself is not healthy. If you dont like it please do no follow.
Think of it like another drop in the ocean and carry on.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
idezine

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:54:03 PM

I'm unable to mine using `NsGpuCNMiner -allpools 1 -o stratum+tcp://pool.ipbc.io:3333 -u WALLET_ADDRESS_REDACTED -p x` anyone is able to help?

I'm using Claymore's CryptoNote v11.2
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 02:55:54 AM
Merited by notsofast (15)

NOTE TO DEVS:

I have been a coach to devs and on teams to get pools, exchanges, miners, and investors for a few years now. I have seen problems with launches like this had, with the first day of 10K block rewards and now 470 per block. I have solved scenarios worse than this, but it takes effort from the dev team. I'll explain why this isn't a pre-mine, and sorta an insta-mine, but more importantly why does it matter and how to fix it. I recently solved a problem with a coin that had a 10% premine and it is doing VERY well now after my suggestions.

The problem we have here is NOT that the devs have the 1.6% of the supply from the bad 10k blocks. That is the situation we WANT. If the devs had the 1.6% supply, they would be in good strong hands, used for bounties, advertising, paying to get on Cryptopia and Bittrex, ect. The BIG problem we have is how much of that 1.6% is in regular early miners hands? Because THOSE GUYS are going to dump it to shit as soon as there is an exchange and ruin this otherwise good project.

So what is my solution (and this is from 5 years experience solving these issues, and usually for a bounty if dev is kind enough)? The dev/team should contact or post to find out who these rich list wallets belong to. If they are not on the team, then they are the early miners. Then the dev team should offer to buy all of their coins, or leave them with about 10% and buy the other 90% for safe keeping and business uses. 

I will also offer to any of these early miners to purchase some coins from them OTC for the initially proposed 1 cent/coin or 125 satoshi/coin.  Between the devs and myself removing most of the insanely cheap coins produced the first day from the 10k blocks, that would go a long way to solve this problem and any grievences about it.  If any of the early miners would like to take me up on the offer, just PM me here, or better yet on twitter @CRYPT0N1TE (the 0 is a zero and the 1 is a one). I have done countless deals like this and escrows in the past, and have many people on this forum, twitter, and other devs that can vouch for me and my history of solving these kinds of issues for them with a very positive outcome for all.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money