Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:02:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit working as it was intended or not?  (Read 325 times)
JinCrypts

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:51:07 PM

I think Merit system is working fine like it was inteded by Theymos, because as i browse more and more in different threads i can see the eagerness of somepeople to improve their post, although there are still one liner with no sense, there are quite many good post out there. So im very positive that this merit system will do its work to encourage every member to pursue a good quality of post.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:56:48 AM

Merit seems working same as that has been generated for, with all the efforts from the users to give quality contents it is clear. As the user can't rank up until he doesn't reach the required merit. This is the thing that has made the merit system work as it is intended. If it is same as the trust rate, none could gave given consideration to it.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:18:15 AM

If the goal was to increase the level of the discussions, I feel like it's working well. I'm seeing a lot more well-thought out posts, and more people seem to be genuinely trying. It also penalizes account farming, because they will have to try to create quality posts for multiple accounts to rank up.

However, it also seems to have created a rank-up barrier for regular users, which I don't think was intended. Here's what theymos had to say about it on another thread:

I'll see how things are in a month or two and think about it. Basically, the "ideal new user" should be able to easily and without any particular "merit farming" be able to far exceed the merit requirements; for them, activity should be the limiting factor. If this is not achievable, then I absolutely will make tweaks until that goal is reached. But it's too early to say at this point.

I did consider a 1-point requirement for Member when designing the system, but I thought it might be too easy. We'll see.

I bolded a part for emphasis. The scenario he described clearly isn't happening at the moment, but let's just give it time. He's willing to make adjustments as well, so I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem for newer users in the long run.

canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:51:40 AM

I think it's still too early to tell if this new system works for its purpose. People with multiple account can manipulate to send from their account 1 to account 2, as there is still no rule regarding that. But as for me, this motivates me to post a constructive one.
But as you can see, it's not so easy to have merit. Even you have a good post, many people ignore the merit system. Based on what I observe, they need to go in "merit thread what ever" just to make some noise for their long post (looks like story post) using their link provided. How cruel life is...

Just do our very best to make a quality post even no one gives merit. Its like being honest when everyone’s can’t, just relax, take it easy and you will surely get some merit. I hope for the best in the future and this new system will surely works well for everyone.
Absolutely, don't mind about merit system. As long as you enjoy adding ideas with others while learning too is good. Just enjoy interact from different rank, cause even low rank than me have a bright idea that you never expect.
daow403

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:26:28 AM

The original intention of this system is good, but the current results can not be fully concluded. Forums need high-quality posts, but also need to expand influence, increase fresh blood, universal access.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: