Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:47:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The bitcoin millionairs should invest in Lamassu's ATM
Yes, because they are THE MILLIONAIRS - 5 (38.5%)
Maybe - 1 (7.7%)
The bitcoin community should - 1 (7.7%)
The bitcoin foundation should - 1 (7.7%)
No way - 5 (38.5%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The bitcoin millionairs should invest in Lamassu's ATM  (Read 1120 times)
pinnpe (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:37:32 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 10:00:39 AM by pinnpe

Why Lamassu? They are cheaper
Some normal atm cost 3000 dollar so they should lower their price, just my opinion.

peoples GREED will not help bitcoin grow. Hoarding will even have a worst effect.
If your currency doesn't move, it is just like gold (no ordinaire person will use it to pay, and it just sits there).

If Bitcoin businesses can't count on banks (tradehill), we should have more physical systems
serving as a gateway to the bitcoin system. Say what you want about ripple, but they are working really hard, to get it done.

If Lamassu ask just $1000 a piece (A raspberry pi costs $35, getting something made in China is DIRT CHEAP (we love you China))
with 1million you could already have 1000 of these ATM's.
With just 10 bitcoin millionairs paying a million each, you can have 10000 ATM's.

The greedy bitcoin millionair would pay to have the ATM's made and merchants accepting bitcoins, would get an ATM, which they payback
on a monthly basis.

Call me crazy, but if your playing checkers, while your opponent is playing chess (20 steps ahead of you) then your sure to get the shit
FUCKED out of you.

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:58:28 PM

Great, sacrifice your coins for the good of the world society.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 04:08:09 PM

Why not?  It's right on their website:

We would advise to consult with an attorney prior to operating these machines.

That's got to be the understatement of the year.

I want to see bitcoin ATMs as much as the next person, but the legal situation is just as much of a mess as it is for exchanges -- with the added drawback of creating a physical location with cash in it for a sheriff to show up and impound just for kicks.

PS, if you can't get cash out of it, it probably isn't an ATM… at most a vending machine.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
pinnpe (OP)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

DumBlinDeaf

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:34:45 PM

xxjs I'm not a BITCOIN MILLIONAIR and I don't have bitcoins Wink so I loose nothing, if bitcoin doesn't succeed.
hmmmmm maybe a great currency that would out performance all fiat currency, but it's just that. other will come
with something to stop the hoarding

The lamassu machine = A vending machine indeed.

xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:48:41 PM

I see no business case for these machines, other as a nice thing to have in your apartment between the hammond organ and the slot machine.

How much would it cost to empty the fiat from those machines? How are they going to be protected?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: