Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:49:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin too complicated for ordinary folks?  (Read 2298 times)
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:53:16 PM
Merited by Lauren Smith (1)

No,bitcoin is not complicated for ordinary folks as long they learn why bitcoin created,they know the uses of bitcoin,the advantages and disabvantages,and if they learn first all about bitcoin. But sadly that most of the peopke whe they heard bitcoin only one thing will be in their mind to earn and make profit. We need to learn not just to earn because if you enter in bitcoin world without knowledge about it then,it will be complicated not just for ordinary folks but for everyone.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:11:42 PM

I wouldn't say it is too complicated for the average folk but I will say the conversation has been distorted as of late as to what is important and that can be harmful for bitcoin's growth long term. Us here we recognize the technology is great but it would take hours upon hours to explain that to the average person. We just need to redirect the conversation back towards blockchain and bitcoin because those technologies are what is really important here.
In very beginning its look like complicated but i think that once they will start practicing bitcoin it will become to easy for them to use it, because there is no such a rocket science there in using bitcoin, even children can learn about it how to start using bitcoin. We just need to have some basic knowledge about computer and intenet, then it is really too much easy to use bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:20:05 PM

It looks like so complicated at first,but if one want to understand bitcoin and blockchain system,it's not that hard.There are many article that make a detailed explanation about bitcoin and how it works.It depends on the people who read about it,if you just read it once,of course it will be complicated,the key is,search for what you don't understand,word by word,i'm sure any people will understand it completely.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

It looks like so complicated at first,but if one want to understand bitcoin and blockchain system,it's not that hard.There are many article that make a detailed explanation about bitcoin and how it works.It depends on the people who read about it,if you just read it once,of course it will be complicated,the key is,search for what you don't understand,word by word,i'm sure any people will understand it completely.
Every job or any other think when do not have knowledge about it feels complicated but later on when we learn about it it look too much easy, and i think same is the case about bitcoin, bitcoin in very beginning looking complicated but i think that with the passage time when people will practice it will learn about it and then it will become too much easy for them to use it.
ZZ8ZZ

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:37:14 PM
Merited by Lauren Smith (2)

For some people the whole tech behind Bitcoin is a little bit complicated, for others this tech means nothing and they don't even try to understand and learn about it. I'm somewhere between these two tbh, but this doesn't bother me at all Grin as long as I'm making successful trades and right choices in the crypto world it's all good  Cool However, the more you know - the better comes always to play in different situations and it's up to the person if he/she wants to learn more.
It's never complicated, as long as you have interest in knowing more about the blockchain tech.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 11:38:17 PM

I think for your average technically minded people it is not too hard to understand. People seem to not be able to get their minds past the whole fact that virtual money is what will replace what we using at the moment and it is only natural for it to take its course. People have allowed themselves to become brainwashed by the media and education system and told to be rich and or successful you must study hard get high grades go to collage and get a good job. We all know this is untrue and the bitcoin world works completely differently in comparison to fiat.

Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:38:38 PM

With mainstream media still taking an interest in Bitcoin, do you think we have lost perspective of what is important, and are there to much focus on price? or do you think we will find back to the possibility of bitcoin and blockchain?
For inspiration i included my article on the matter
https://cryptoms.online/2018/01/30/is-bitcoin-too-complicated-for-ordinary-folks/

The first time I encountered bitcoin I was totallyin distress and upon curiosity on knowing what every terms they are saying. I can say I was an ordinary folks back then and somehow still now. Being new to this is just like being new to anything we haven't encountered before. And same goed with the solution wherein you have to read and explore to learn more about it.
furry04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:42:35 PM

on the contrary it helps the ordinary folks to understand the economic system better and how things work in the real world, I had so many friends who had not any clue about economics and after investing into crypto they have learned a lot.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:46:05 PM

For sure understanding the technology behind bitcoin is not easy. But using bitcoin as a payment system is not difficult. People can use it without any information about the technology.
KeksKlumpen

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:46:31 PM

It is definetly not too complicated for the average folk.
Today i asked a CEO of a bank, he said bitcoin will not be a competitor of the Fiat money. But he also said in about 10-20 years there will be no cash anymore and there will be a new payment system, so...

Blockchain is future!

reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:50:04 PM
Merited by darkangel11 (1)

The technological side of cryptocurrencies are hard to get your head around, it is not that it is complicated, it is just so distant from what ordinary people think about technology, when i am out talking about cryptocurrencies, the thing most people find confusing is what happens to their coins once they send them. but i have also tried to explain how FIAT currencies functions and this have people even more confused, but we used it anyway. this leads me to conclude that the technical aspect is not important for people to get into the game.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1343

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:55:23 PM

Btw will reach 25 soon

25 thousand USD? You might be right! Smiley

The technological side of cryptocurrencies are hard to get your head around, it is not that it is complicated, it is just so distant from what ordinary people think about technology, when i am out talking about cryptocurrencies, the thing most people find confusing is what happens to their coins once they send them. but i have also tried to explain how FIAT currencies functions and this have people even more confused, but we used it anyway. this leads me to conclude that the technical aspect is not important for people to get into the game.

People in general are distant from technology. When I talk to some folks that are over 50 year old they tend to roll their eyes when I try to explain  not only cryptocurrencies but even the basics of online banking. Most of them can't understand that when they transfer money from 1 bank to another the money is not being moved. They also think that their bank has all their money in physical form.
This is nothing unexpected really, I heard people are still bringing lcd screens and keyboards to repair shops when their PC fails to boot because they think it's the vital part of the computer and you're supposed to keep everything together.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:58:17 PM

With patience they can learn about Bitcoin, at first sight probable it is  complicated for a person who doesnt know the terms, but is not imposible.
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:08:20 AM

Yes it is very difficult and too complicated to an ordinary folks. Cryptocurrency needs a better understanding and focus to be able to participate on it. But everything is on practice, once you learn it, it'll be easy for anyone. Specially here in forum, there are so much that needs to learn about to be able to collaborate in a Cryptocurrency community.
BennyOnions

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:14:19 AM

I think BTC has been overrun by people looking to get rich but could care less about the technology.  The market grew tremendously in 2017 and I think most new investors thought they would be millionaires by now.  Hopefully the January volatility hasn’t scared everyone away.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1652489)
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:18:20 AM

For some maybe yes. To be honest, when I first do some research about bitcoin and cryptocurrency I feel it complicated too but I gave some time to learn it and now I can say that I know some about bitcoin. The problem with some ordinary folks is they want to know everything in a short period of time. That attitude makes them overwhelm and at the end, they will not continue to learn it. Take your time in learning about this concept.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:49:05 PM

I agree with the fact that some are losing focus of what really matters and just have eyes in the price. But I would not say it's too complicated for ordinary people. An ordinary people can use it as long as it's accessible. Students like me are proof of it.
Maybe the technicalities about the system are a bit hard to understand because of lack of knowledge, background and interest. But in general, it can be undesrtokd by anyone.
DispatchLabs

Activity: 420
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 11:57:16 PM

Bitcoin and blockchain understanding on a high level isn't difficult.  There are plenty of sources out there to gain more knowledge no matter what level you are at.  It just depends if it is something that excites you enough to drive further into it.  Understanding on a deeper level will take some time, but if it's something you enjoy it shouldn't feel like work.  People don't necessarily need to understand the tech in order to use it, but of course, a deeper understanding will perhaps remove some of the stigma associated with crypto by those less informed.

Dispatch Labs is a Distributed Ledger Technology Platform for Dapp Developers that is truly scalable, insanely fast with no transaction fees.
btcgreen63

Activity: 98
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:02:24 AM

It is a good question. Many people never get comfortable with computers or technology. The cryptocurrency market may not reach a wide general audience unless that barrier can be overcome.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:11:30 AM

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is not as simple as fiat money understanding. However, cryptocurrency does not require you to enroll in a college before you understand it. Just little personal research on it would help you out immensely.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: