Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should you be worried?  (Read 1120 times)
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:30:52 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 11:12:43 PM by mdayonliner
Merited by crypticj (1)

I hope you guys are not worried about the price drop of BTC. It is completely normal.

Although we are seeing one after another FUD in the market but BTC needed correction and right now BTC is still going through a healthy correction.

Alts always follow BTC so during this period we are also seeing that most of the ALTs are down. Again it is very normal. When you invest in ALTs then make sure you diversify.

I do some trade here and there. In trading, from last few weeks I am not having much good luck because of this unstable market  (I had some of my mistakes too ) but I am ok, not even worry a little bit.

Most of my coins are over 50% down sometimes even over 60% down ( I maintain a spreadsheet to track my trading however I do not share it in public but I do share my ICO spreadsheet in public if you want to have a look on my ICO spreadsheet then #JustAsk. Anyway here you can see a part of my trading spreadsheet https://prnt.sc/i8akdz ). So in total  I am 25.72% down on my trades.  If I was not diversified my investment and the situations could be worse. So always diversify when/if you trade.

Look, i am not that expert in trading. Out of 10 scale if anyone ask me to grade myself on trading then I will say may be 3 or 4 out of 10. Really poor. I have made a lot of mistakes in my early stage of trading which is absolutely fine. We all do and learn from our mistakes. I still do mistakes but I try to learn from it. In fact I am learning.

A wise man once said the best way to understand a concept is to explain it to someone else.

Here is an important lesson I have learnt from my trading experience, on the diversification game don't play with too many coin/project. Select few very good projects and then follow them and keep following them, study their history, learn as much as possible about them. When you are convinced then think about buying some but do not buy if you think the price is already up too much even if the project is the best project in cryptoworld. Wait and wait until a healthy correction. Do not lose your patience. I lost my patience on tron and bought when the price was 960Sat. Check the price now! I am 48% down. I lost patience on Deep Brain Chain and I am now 61.24% down! But guess what... I am not worried coz I blv on these projects and I know they will come back.

Do you know I bought some ETH when (around 188 days ago https://prnt.sc/i8bhk9 ) the price was 0.087.... then ETH price started going down and down even it went down to 0.024.... That was around 72.41% down!!! But i knew it will come back and I held it. Now it's around 0.11.... I was holding those ETH for long long time! But never lost my faith on them.

#Lesson: Do not panic. Trust in your coin and be wise on your decision making. FUDs will be here and there to break you but you have to be strong because the whole community starts with you.

Thanks for reading.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:37:05 PM

~snip~
Worrying is just for the weak hands but this kind of scenario cant really be avoided because we dont like to lose up money and if we are just first time on this crypto industry then you would really able to experience the volatility that you didnt even experienced before. Panic can really be felt when you do see sudden price decrease but if you do already gained knowledge and experience on how coins move you would really remove those anxiety that you do feel before.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
KryptoKai

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:40:34 PM

The ones who are worried are those entering the crypto investment market around November who bought lots of coins at an ATH and have lost half their value. Some might cut their losses and re-invest in traditional shares in the stock market, but more seasoned traders will simply hodl and wait out the storm.

Ric8

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:44:29 PM

As Litecoin creator Charlie Lee stated previously, a bull cycle is almost always followed by a bear market. Bitcoin and most major cryptocurrencies have had an incredible year in 2017 in terms of user growth, increase in market valuation, and mainstream exposure. Throughout December and January, the market has experienced some of the largest corrections in the past few years.
However, as a bull cycle is followed a bear market, a bear cycle is also followed by a bull market. As the cryptocurrency market continues to recover from its recent corrections, bitcoin, being the reserve asset of the market, will likely increase in value in the short-term.
redblock

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:46:41 PM

Just be smart and buy all the cheap and good coins that you can. I wish I had more fiat for that. The market will recover, just a matter of time.
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350

💲

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:47:49 PM

i am not worried at all about the market drop. if we see past charts (2015,2016,2017) they all looks pretty much the same. It is normal for price to go up and down, and so far, it is still up 1000% from last year, soooo...

Freebieindia

Activity: 175

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:49:28 PM

no i am not worried. we can not see high all around the year, it will dip for some time, its best time to buy bitcoin in cheap price. you will see good gain in 1 year.
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:07:14 PM

For me its just normal to be worried as far as the price of crypto market is concern. Fortunately, if you do your research, every year in the month of January, the market seems to be bearish. Although I haven't noticed it until I do my own homework. Normal to be worried but you have to face that fact that the market can't go on parabolic, there will be down ward trend. The thing is not to panic sell and just be patience.

i am not worried at all about the market drop. if we see past charts (2015,2016,2017) they all looks pretty much the same. It is normal for price to go up and down, and so far, it is still up 1000% from last year, soooo...
This is what I'm saying. The past years shows us that at the start of every year, the market is always down. Lots of factors, but I wouldn't discuss it further. Long term we may see bitcoin touching $50K before the end of the year.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:13:52 PM

The ones who are worried are those entering the crypto investment market around November who bought lots of coins at an ATH and have lost half their value. Some might cut their losses and re-invest in traditional shares in the stock market, but more seasoned traders will simply hodl and wait out the storm.
I think those entering the crypto market around November are not that worried right now since they already experienced some market crash before the Christmas and then market`s recovery until reaching its all time high on January 7. I mean they should be used to this. Instead, the ones who are really worried now are newbies - in theory, we all hear about how highly volatile is the crypto market, but it feels much worse when we actually feel this for the first time. Anyway, if we wisely choose the projects we invest in, than we have nothing to worry about.
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 08:19:17 PM

If you are in for the long term then there should be nothing to worry about, most likely. This is the future we are talking about and we are still early adopters.

King Koopa

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:11:18 PM

I'm not one bit worried due to the fact that I didn't invest my life savings into it. I've considered the money I invested as good as gone. I'm in it for the long term and not looking to make A quick buck, although that would be nice. It's still an exciting time to be in it in my opinion. I see the market going down but to me it's a buying opportunity. To those that are new, including myself, I can see how it's worrisome but we have to revaluate our expectations.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:43:16 PM

I think that whoever is willing to invest in this market must have nerves of steel to withstand the usual high volatility that prevails here. Those who seem to suffer greater concern and uneasiness in these moments of red numbers are precisely the newbies without trading experience, motivated to enter this market for the pure motivation of obtaining easy and quick profits. Any trader with medium experience knows that these scenarios are part of normality in the market, and they use to enjoy these days to buy, while the newcomers die of sadness and uncertainty.
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:04:37 AM

I think that whoever is willing to invest in this market must have nerves of steel to withstand the usual high volatility that prevails here. Those who seem to suffer greater concern and uneasiness in these moments of red numbers are precisely the newbies without trading experience, motivated to enter this market for the pure motivation of obtaining easy and quick profits. Any trader with medium experience knows that these scenarios are part of normality in the market, and they use to enjoy these days to buy, while the newcomers die of sadness and uncertainty.

There is nothing much to be worried about since what is happening in the market is plainly normal and benificial as  this may be the right time to invest btc and altcoins. I would have to suggest that you should have to wait for the right time to do the trading for you may get what you would be expecting in return and let's be patient. The important thing is we should have to learn from our mistakes and don't fall back from the same mistake again.
letua

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:16:38 AM

I want to congratulate you for your courage to share your experienced and learnings. The best way to do being trader is don't trust others rather trust the project development and hold. To make self stable and in comfort Avoid watching blockfolio coz it can turn you to give up your coin. Those whoever wants to make themselves strong then focus on holding your coin if it is possible.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 03:22:12 AM

If you are in for the long term then there should be nothing to worry about, most likely. This is the future we are talking about and we are still early adopters.
Agreed, we're truly the early adopters. Why to worry when we have the benefits to be acquired in the future. Maybe the time we predicted has got rescheduled or postponed. In reality we're the second set of early adopters next to the people who adopted bitcoin when the price was less than 100$.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
dale1075

Activity: 252
Merit: 37

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:22:41 AM

If your as short-tern investor, you will be worried about the price drop. But if your a hodler of BTC for long-term investment, then you will know that the price drop is just a cycle that BTC annually goes through. Also, the drop is still above the price when decemebr entered last year.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
jashley

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:34:00 AM

I hope you guys are not worried about the price drop of BTC. It is completely normal.

Although we are seeing one after another FUD in the market but BTC needed correction and right now BTC is still going through a healthy correction.

Alts always follow BTC so during this period we are also seeing that most of the ALTs are down. Again it is very normal. When you invest in ALTs then make sure you diversify.

I do some trade here and there. In trading, from last few weeks I am not having much good luck because of this unstable market  (I had some of my mistakes too ) but I am ok, not even worry a little bit.

Most of my coins are over 50% down sometimes even over 60% down ( I maintain a spreadsheet to track my trading however I do not share it in public but I do share my ICO spreadsheet in public if you want to have a look on my ICO spreadsheet then #JustAsk. Anyway here you can see a part of my trading spreadsheet https://prnt.sc/i8akdz ). So in total  I am 25.72% down on my trades.  If I was not diversified my investment and the situations could be worse. So always diversify when/if you trade.

Look, i am not that expert in trading. Out of 10 scale if anyone ask me to grade myself on trading then I will say may be 3 or 4 out of 10. Really poor. I have made a lot of mistakes in my early stage of trading which is absolutely fine. We all do and learn from our mistakes. I still do mistakes but I try to learn from it. In fact I am learning.

A wise man once said the best way to understand a concept is to explain it to someone else.
I would appreciate some sMerit if this reading gives you some value.

Here is an important lesson I have learnt from my trading experience, on the diversification game don't play with too many coin/project. Select few very good projects and then follow them and keep following them, study their history, learn as much as possible about them. When you are convinced then think about buying some but do not buy if you think the price is already up too much even if the project is the best project in cryptoworld. Wait and wait until a healthy correction. Do not lose your patience. I lost my patience on tron and bought when the price was 960Sat. Check the price now! I am 48% down. I lost patience on Deep Brain Chain and I am now 61.24% down! But guess what... I am not worried coz I blv on these projects and I know they will come back.

Do you know I bought some ETH when (around 188 days ago https://prnt.sc/i8bhk9 ) the price was 0.087.... then ETH price started going down and down even it went down to 0.024.... That was around 72.41% down!!! But i knew it will come back and I held it. Now it's around 0.11.... I was holding those ETH for long long time! But never lost my faith on them.

#Lesson: Do not panic. Trust in your coin and be wise on your decision making. FUDs will be here and there to break you but you have to be strong because the whole community starts with you.

Thanks for reading.

Thank you so much for sharing your idea to us. It really helps a lot especially our psychology right now. From now on I'm a hodler ball of steel whenever go markets go down and down I'll don't mind it now because I have trust on my coins which I deeply search. I hope every one also did not panic sell hodlers always win. Best of luck everyone.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
arunakiran

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:46:48 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 05:22:36 PM by arunakiran

For new investors, certainly they should be worried by seeing this falling market.
In any market there will be upside and downsides. I hope this is healthy correction. Iam expecting some more correction. Once the correction is over again bulls will enter.
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:15:48 AM

I would have to suggest that you should have to wait for the right time to do the trading for you may get what you would be expecting in return and let's be patient. The important thing is we should have to learn from our mistakes and don't fall back from the same mistake again.

I try to keep note of my mistakes so that In future I do not forget it. This helps me a lot to avoid the same mistake again. I'm kinda off from trading (because of the unstable market) only focusing on ICOs.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:33:32 AM

I think those that are likely to be worried are those that bought at the top, BItcoin is a sound money but its volatility  is very huge, anyone that has spend one year or more in the space will be in profit, 10X I think, so why do I need to worry about holding it, anyone selling now will possibly regret doing so
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: