Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:08:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How profitable is cryptocurrency mining in 2018  (Read 239 times)
Excellence91 (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 09:28:17 PM

With the down trend in all cryptocurrency, how profitable is mining?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robhimself1

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Missing the boat again

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:29:28 PM

Proof of stake mining is always very profitable!  Grin

My original account "robhimself" was hijacked!
kaineh

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:30:46 PM

Production always remains profitable even in a downtrend. But do not forget that everything in the world is cyclical. And in the same way trends in the crypto-currency should unfold. Look at the Ether
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:31:10 PM

Altcoin mining can be profitable.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:37:16 PM
Merited by criptomasterBest (1)

Mining on GPU is profitable if mining not popular coins-gems - they will do x2-x5 easily, GOA coin for example with masternodes staking
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:46:43 PM

You could have answered your own question by just looking at whattomine or any of the other similar sites that calculate profitability.  If you're just asking for opinions about what the future holds, nobody really knows.  Prices are going down and most new coins are pre-mined PoS types,  plus the ones that are mineable are seeing their difficulties skyrocketing, but for now, mining is still profitable.  I wouldn't risk buying more hardware right now, especially with the ridiculous price-gouging going on, but that's just me.
MGmahesh

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:00:21 PM

I think altcoin mining is more profitable despite the decline, because mining activities do not take considerable risk, in contrast to trade and investment is very sensitive to price changes so there is a possibility of losses, the best way for those who invest when prices fall by buying then hold it and not in a hurry to sell it. as well as excellent mining, regardless of the results collected and sold when prices have risen and stabilized. consequently mining is the best choice to avoid higher risk.
Skyrah2008

Activity: 284

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:22:54 PM

Mining is profitable only if you mine atlcoins or crypto currency due to nowadays it is truly profitable compare to bitcoin directly. Just make sure it is POS(proof of stakes) not POW(proof of work).
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:24:28 PM

try and find a gpu for a sensible price. that tells you everything you need to know about whether there's still miner demand. there certainly is. profitability depends on so many different factors no one can give a definitive answer but it clearly is profitable enough still for enough people.
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:29:27 PM

Cryptocurrency mining is a hit or miss.  You can mine a stable project and will make a minimal amount of profit after electricity fees and it'll still take a while to pay off your miner.  Or you can gamble and mine a project that isn't even on an exchange yet and if the project is a success, you can see huge profits.  The risk is, if the project get's dump by the dev or doesn't get listed on any exchanges, you'll be a bagholder. 
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:42:35 PM

Mining is still profitable, The fact that there currently so many miners are still running their business. But that depends on how many your hash power. Some people are trying to argue if mining consume a lot of power that doesn't make sense if you are hearing about that.

But in another word that mining still profitable at least it doesn't give deficit to the miners.

You need to calculate a lot of factors.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:44:24 PM

Depending on the type of miners that you want to use, it can be very profitable for coins now.  Asic of course give the best returns.
mega_carnation

Activity: 376
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:48:56 PM

You can use whattomine.com and know on how much the estimation of a GPU's possibility to earn. But the challenge now for GPU miners is that there's a massive shortage for the GPU's so if you are living in a country that there are only few miners or as in there's no one that's interested in mining, you are lucky to start your own farm there.
bigdogdan2

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:57:49 PM

Depends on  how much power your system draws and how effective you can cool the system.  I mined with a machine in my office room which had the thermostat to the whole house right outside the office room.  So the A/C to the whole house was kicking on all the time.  So the A/C cost with the cost of the power from the system and the noise it created wasn't worth it for me.

But those who have a dedicated place for mining and can cool it would still be profitable.  And the more machines you can keep in same location the more profit you will squeeze out.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
Blas

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:07:26 PM

For mining to be profitable you have to keep your daily/monthly cost as low as possible. Especially the cooling can be very expensive. This is the main problem in my opinion.
walterw
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

Do you need a campaign manager? PM me.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:07:44 PM

how profitable is mining?

Someone who wants to mine on private should pay attention to a few points. Even if you want to mine altcoins! First, you have to keep in mind how expensive the electricity is with you.
Second, you have to expect that you have too much competition, which means that the difficulty can increase very quickly. That means that your gh/s will be too small at some point.
Third, you must also note that your hardware is well cooled, otherwise a defect in the hardware threatens. I think mining altoins is the most profitable.
In order to mine btc you need too much gh/s. That means for you that you have to invest a lot of capital to buy a rig with a lot of gh/s to mine btc. So if you have the capital and the space, I can recommend it to you.

nunzio2012

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

The Future of Crypto Trading | Apollo

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:13:39 PM

You could check Bitcoin and any other mining algorithm profitability here: https://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

If you want to mine with GPU rigs, you will have hard times finding cards at normal prices. Everything is sold within hours of delivery and the prices on secondary markets  are insane.

▄▄▓▓
                                                                          ░▄▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                               ▄▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▒▒░         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            ░▒▓▓▓▒░           ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓            ░▒▓▓▓▒░
     ▓▓▓▓▓░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ▒▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▒        ▓▓▓▓
 ░▓▓▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▒     ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░  ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▄▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓▓░     ░▓▓▓▓▓   ▒▓▓▓▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░░░░       ░░░░░   ░░░░░                 ░▒▓▓▒░░          ▄▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                   ░▒▒▓▓▒░
                                                       ░▒▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒

█           █
   █       █   █
  ███      █  ███
  ███    ███ ███
  ███    ███ ███
   █  ███ ███  █
   █  ███  █   █
      ███  █
      ███
      ███
       █
       █
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:34:56 AM

You could check Bitcoin and any other mining algorithm profitability here: https://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

If you want to mine with GPU rigs, you will have hard times finding cards at normal prices. Everything is sold within hours of delivery and the prices on secondary markets  are insane.

I think it could be profitable to do cryptocurrency mining as there are many people who are engaged to this kind of activity even how high the cost of electricity it will be consume since there is a great opportunity on this new technology business. The most favorite in the cryptocurrency mining is the mining of Litecoin which can be mined on a regular home PC. It shows that you would made over a 20$ per month with 50 hash power. If you can increase the hashing power and lower your electricty bill, probably your making a good profit.
tmoney88

Activity: 142

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:37:46 AM

What are the cheaper GPU rigs you are able to purchase that will still work effectively?
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:27:20 AM

Well they are profitable and worth it for those who invested their money on expensive GPUs and Asics. I was lucky enough to bought a used gaming computer with good gpu (2 AMD radeon rx 480 to be precise) with for a cheap price and used it for eth mining but the problem is electricity cost is here in my country so, i got to minimize my mining to reduce the electricity cost.

What are the cheaper GPU rigs you are able to purchase that will still work effectively?
Well if you are looking for cheaper GPU for mining i suggest you should buy amd gpus they are cheaper than nVidia graphic cards but they are the best for altcoin mining although nVidia Geforce GTx 1070 is more superior in terms of hashrate and low power draw but the price of it is very expensive.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: