Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:54:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will the cities of the future look like?  (Read 19168 times)
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:09:56 PM

What will the future look like depends upon our vision, and so as the city we want to look like in the future. Since we are talking about future, technological advancement and inventions are then necessary for we to level up compare today. People do have necessities still that I know technology can solve. However, I would like to emphasize here that despite being a world of technology, we must, at the same time be a world of green or an enevironmental one. Because admit it or not, though technology can do many incredible things, there are still things that it cannot provide us. We must not forget that we should balance everything. Meaning, we should look ahead in the future of our city but not compromising its natural glory.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 11:52:46 PM

If you are watching Sci-Fi movies, futuristic cartoons / anime's there will be a resemblance to what's being shown to those shows.

I'm not telling that it will completely be like that but there will be flying cars, cities will be more hyper and lively because of the technology that will be applied.

Massive floating screens will also be there to broadcast something. There's no need to stick it to any billboards or buildings. It will be an interface monitor where it will just pop if there's an announcement / event.
tsmmyth

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 11:54:39 AM

The future starts tomorrow. Or should I say - the next hour. On a serious note, I fantasize about the future technology only while seeing cartoons and if we could have something similar it will be amazing. And I do not know how long that will get to be implemented in my country.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:52:15 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2018, 10:41:11 AM by IndigoRed

If you are watching Sci-Fi movies, futuristic cartoons / anime's there will be a resemblance to what's being shown to those shows.

I'm not telling that it will completely be like that but there will be flying cars, cities will be more hyper and lively because of the technology that will be applied.

Massive floating screens will also be there to broadcast something. There's no need to stick it to any billboards or buildings. It will be an interface monitor where it will just pop if there's an announcement / event.

Interesting features you mentioned, but they aren't far off from what our future will be like! You're right... no flying cars yet (although how cool would it be if we could live like the Jetsons?) but with semi-automated cars and super high tech head up displays with augmented reality features, we certainly will have a tech-powered future. I heard manual cars and older smartphones will soon be obsolete, making way for VR headsets  and AR glasses. Even A-list celebs have begun investing in them. How do you feel about these devices being key in living and surviving in the future?
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:21:01 AM

The future starts tomorrow. Or should I say - the next hour. On a serious note, I fantasize about the future technology only while seeing cartoons and if we could have something similar it will be amazing. And I do not know how long that will get to be implemented in my country.

If you will be thinking about it, we already knew what will happen in the future if we are just active in the world of technology. A lot of new solutions and still not finished project are being studied and learned. A lot of plans including cleaner energy and efficient technologies. I am so excited on what may happen in the future and I do hope that I am a part of it, that will be a bigger honor for me.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
cityhall

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:49:41 AM

More green and trees I think, not like cities in most of sci-fi movies. Of course with a lot of high-tech technology but powered by greener and cleaner energy.

⚡️ LECTRO.io ⚡️
✓ BLOCKCHAIN FOR POWER ✓ Modern Power Grid ✓ Energy Trading Platform ✓ More efficient
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 11:04:22 AM

Somewhere I read that the cities will be covered with a dome. Since every year the ozone layer is getting thinner.

jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:46:32 PM

Interesting features you mentioned, but they aren't far off from what our future will be like! You're right... no flying cars yet (although how cool would it be if we could live like the Jetsons?) but with semi-automated cars and super high tech head up displays with augmented reality features, we certainly will have a tech-powered future. I heard manual cars and older smartphones will soon be obsolete, making way for VR headsets  and AR glasses. Even A-list celebs have begun investing in them. How do you feel about these devices being key in living and surviving in the future?
Totally interesting, innovation is unstoppable in technology and almost everything will be upgraded by that time. Every time I imagine about those augmented reality features it makes me shiver.

For real those manual cars will be no longer found elsewhere unless it will become a collectors item.

These items for surviving in the future won't be necessary for average living citizens but just like today it will play a part to the economy which will be used by several companies to improve their productivity and effectiveness.
vuanhquan

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 01:36:44 AM

Safe flying vehicles for individuals and people will be less busy with robots. In short, the robots will be happier in three centuries, and poverty will be completely eradicated if there is no war between the nations.
phillippw6

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:33:18 PM

The future may have a vague picture dominated by flying cars and decentralized currency and Artificial intelligence and interplanetary travel because the latest blockchain technology focus to think in this way and show the era of shining technology in future,

Lankabc

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:34:54 AM

A Drone era coming baby. You will see thousands of drone flying in the sky in your life time. Drone can do many things that human can't do.
wolf_norris

Activity: 21
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:52:56 PM

Cities that already exist will look very different from new cities that will arise. I remember recently reading an article about a city that they are planning to build somewhere in the Middle East. It said that the entire city will have an environmental control system to keep it cool in the desert heat. I think that an ideal new city will take care of all transportation. Nobody will be driving cars. It should be easy for all people to get anywhere they need to with some kind of automated system. They should also have an efficient way to get good into the city. Perhaps they could bring containers of good into the city through some kind of underground tunnels. I agree that buildings will probably keep getting taller. Renewable energy will become more and more pervasive.
valkyrie_12Vl

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:57:40 PM

since IOT(internet of things) is on the process of being a part of our daily life, imagine all things being automated, cabs w/out drivers, high rise buildings with a robot assistant to welcome you a smokefree ride and maybe some old school bicycles for those that support environmental care but i would not remove beggars from the future city or include flying cars as it would not be practical putting in our world's gasoline reserves unless there would be a modern way of transportation that does not depend on gas, yeah there are electrically dependent mobiles but not that efficient to make an airplane fly or a ship move in water.
wolf_norris

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:26:55 PM

since IOT(internet of things) is on the process of being a part of our daily life, imagine all things being automated, cabs w/out drivers, high rise buildings with a robot assistant to welcome you a smokefree ride and maybe some old school bicycles for those that support environmental care but i would not remove beggars from the future city or include flying cars as it would not be practical putting in our world's gasoline reserves unless there would be a modern way of transportation that does not depend on gas, yeah there are electrically dependent mobiles but not that efficient to make an airplane fly or a ship move in water.
It's fascinating that most of the things we are discussing here are just a continuation of what we already have. We even think in terms of limitations we are familiar with. There actually already are electric planes. You're right, it is more challenging to make electric planes because of our limitations on battery technology, but if it's already possible, there's a good chance the technology will only make it more possible. Between 2015-2016 a solar powered plane circumnavigated the whole world! You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Impulse. Maybe the future we be even cooler than we can imagine.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:05:43 AM

since IOT(internet of things) is on the process of being a part of our daily life, imagine all things being automated, cabs w/out drivers, high rise buildings with a robot assistant to welcome you a smokefree ride and maybe some old school bicycles for those that support environmental care but i would not remove beggars from the future city...

Beggar removal will be by claws of giant drones....
Fayefot

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:34:02 PM

Well, i see cities in future using high technologies. A lot of gadgets that can be use to make living easy and convenient. We dont need to go out everything is done online. Even houses are using remote controlled gadgets. Those things i see in the future.

wolf_norris

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:50:29 PM

Well, i see cities in future using high technologies. A lot of gadgets that can be use to make living easy and convenient. We dont need to go out everything is done online. Even houses are using remote controlled gadgets. Those things i see in the future.
It seems like you're talking about now. There are so many gadgets that make things more convenient. In big cities you don't really need to go out at all, if you don't want to. You can order groceries or cooked food online. You can have teachers come teach you at home or via the internet. Even if you get sick, you could have a doctor come to you. I've never heard of it, but I'm sure it would even be possible to have a dentist come to you. If I didn't want to, I think I could almost never leave my apartment. Sometimes I do go for 2 or 3 days without going outside.
Tobyelphs

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:59:35 PM

They might look like those in Cyberpunk saga. Huge skyscreapers, fliying cars, AI on every corner.
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:00:29 AM

To be honest, I think our future will realize all our scifi fantasies! Think about it… It’s all starting -AI, self-driving cars or flying cars, then there’s blockchain tech and virtual currencies. Then there are talks now about space colonization as well as immersion into a virtual world. Mind-blowing, right? I just read about it in this discussion here: https://www.reddit.com/r/transhumanism/comments/91g7yd/should_we_focus_on_space_colonization_or_digital/.
One thing is for sure –our future will be so high-tech and way beyond what our imagination can create.
wolf_norris

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:36:17 PM

To be honest, I think our future will realize all our scifi fantasies! Think about it… It’s all starting -AI, self-driving cars or flying cars, then there’s blockchain tech and virtual currencies. Then there are talks now about space colonization as well as immersion into a virtual world. Mind-blowing, right? I just read about it in this discussion here: https://www.reddit.com/r/transhumanism/comments/91g7yd/should_we_focus_on_space_colonization_or_digital/.
One thing is for sure –our future will be so high-tech and way beyond what our imagination can create.
I opened up the link. It does all look fairly interesting. Could you elaborate on the virtual world thing. The thread on Reddit seems to just mention it as if we should already know what they're talking about. Is this something like the Matrix? People would just be connected to a computer and live in a virtual world? I don't really think that's a great idea. I think it could be cool to go to a world like that for brief periods of time, but it's much nicer to just live in the real world. I just had one idea though. Maybe everybody's homes could be in a virtual world. Then you would just require one spot in a chair per person, instead of actually building huge houses. That could be an interesting thing to explore.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: