Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:30:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is FOMO? Why can a trader or anyone be affected by FOMO?  (Read 158 times)
norashing (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:52:42 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 09:03:23 AM by norashing
Merited by sonphamuser (2)

In the present era, FOMO syndrome is a serious problem in society, not just financial investment. Once caught up in this syndrome, people in general and Trader in particular will "dive" into things that are not clear, leading to unnecessary or tricked costs, or things that have gone beyond the real value of it, causing yourself a serious loss.

Let's find out the FOMO.

What's FOMO?
FOMO is a short note of Fear Of Missing Out, understand is afraid of abandonment, miss. FOMO is a short note of Fear Of Missing Out, understand is afraid of abandonment, miss. People with this FOMO syndrome often have a feeling of fear that they will miss something. This feeling haunts people that people around them will achieve something that they do not. From there, this syndrome prompts the person to take certain actions at the time of irrationality, resulting in erroneous decisions that have little or lot of effects.

FOMO in the Real Life
With the advent of technology, the FOMO become syndrome worse. Typical examples of FOMO as young people are constantly checking facebook to not miss the information from friends, from movie stars, music. This miss makes you not know the "hot news" to join "Talking" with friends, although not all news is important.

Another manifesto of FOMO is trying to buy a new iPhone in the fashion of buying iPhone, although not using all the features or features as the current iPhone. You will be FOMO because you are afraid that everyone will have a new iPhone that you do not. Then sacrifice a few months salary for the iPhone that you just use to hear, call, sms and check facebook.

Another manifesto of FOMO is trying to buy a new iPhone in the fashion of buying iPhone, although not using all the features or features as the current iPhone. You will be FOMO because you are afraid that everyone will have a new iPhone that you do not. Then sacrifice a few months salary for the iPhone that you just use to hear, call, sms and check facebook.

FOMO in the field of investment. Explain why Trader always lose money.
Trader is also human, so it is definitely a FOMO. FOMO is a psychological syndrome, in which trader suffers psychological burden almost every day, so FOMO in the financial investment can be quite serious.

A recent hot investment channel is Bitcoin. Bitcoin price suddenly increased several times in a short time. This makes Trader or investors who have not bought into Bitcoin "jump" to jump in buying for fear of miss a strong trend of increasing Bitcoin in the future.

FOMO has ever "killed" the world financial market many times in history. Most recently, the dotcom bubble invested in internet companies in the US in the 2000s. At that time, everyone was afraid that I would miss this wave, then jump into buying drastically. After the dotcom bubble broke up, many internet companies turned to real value zero, causing most investors to lose money and go bankrupt.

FOMO syndrome in Vietnam we see is waves of investment in stock market in 2007, gold in 2008 - 2010 and real estate also in 2008 - 2010. After each wave, FOMO investors who do not understand but just jump in by fear of missing the opportunity to lose.

There is a famous saying among investors: "When the market is greedy, it is time to leave the game" because that is where FOMO syndrome broadly impact the market, causing the market become a bubble.

How to use FOMO to cheat?
Organizations or individuals use this FOMO syndrome as a way to scam. They bring victims to seminars, draw up new technology or investment channels, then give the "birds prey" each other to buy or invest. The victims of psychological weakness, lack of knowledge, experience should be immediately FOMO, afraid of missing the opportunity to become billionaire billionaire, so hurry down investment, suspected somewhere is the trap.

All things like great seminars, customers jostle, new technology ... are things to create FOMO syndrome only.

How can Against FOMO?
Obviously for us, it's hard to recognize FOMO, that's not to say against it. However, not the deadlock. Try some of the following

1. Ask yourself if this is realistic?
If an investment channel offers "heavenly" interest rates, you should question whether it is realistic. If the interest rate is double the bank is starting to find it unrealistic.

2. From a legal perspective
Fraudulent FOMO users often entice you into investment channels that are not legally recognized or even illegal. So, please check the legal basis before Investing your money.

3. Examine the incivility of those calling for investment
Because of the psychology of FOMO, scammers often dress up politically, express wealth, understand, and compose stories from poverty into wealth, to make you think about why they I can not do, from which to urge to invest money.

So, FOMO is very dangerous for society in general and financial investment in particular. Identifying and "self-curing" FOMO is essential. If this is not the case, you not only fail to invest but also in everyday life.

If you feel the article is useful. Give me a merit, I will be very grateful if you do it for me. I need merit to upgrade my account to member. thank you very much.

Special thanks to caspo for providing this information to me. You can find him on twitter with link https://mobile.twitter.com/CasPoLinhNguyen/status/956184239401197568

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:22:27 AM

In the present era, FOMO syndrome is a serious problem in society, not just financial investment. Once caught up in this syndrome, people in general and Trader in particular will "dive" into things that are not clear, leading to unnecessary or tricked costs, or things that have gone beyond the real value of it, causing yourself a serious loss.

Let's find out the FOMO.

What's FOMO?
FOMO is a short note of Fear Of Missing Out, understand is afraid of abandonment, miss. FOMO is a short note of Fear Of Missing Out, understand is afraid of abandonment, miss. People with this FOMO syndrome often have a feeling of fear that they will miss something. This feeling haunts people that people around them will achieve something that they do not. From there, this syndrome prompts the person to take certain actions at the time of irrationality, resulting in erroneous decisions that have little or lot of effects.

FOMO in the Real Life
With the advent of technology, the FOMO become syndrome worse. Typical examples of FOMO as young people are constantly checking facebook to not miss the information from friends, from movie stars, music. This miss makes you not know the "hot news" to join "Talking" with friends, although not all news is important.

Trader is also human, so it is definitely a FOMO. FOMO is a psychological syndrome, in which trader suffers psychological burden almost every day, so FOMO in the financial investment can be quite serious.

A recent hot investment channel is Bitcoin. Bitcoin price suddenly increased several times in a short time. This makes Trader or investors who have not bought into Bitcoin "jump" to jump in buying for fear of miss a strong trend of increasing Bitcoin in the future.

FOMO has ever "killed" the world financial market many times in history. Most recently, the dotcom bubble invested in internet companies in the US in the 2000s. At that time, everyone was afraid that I would miss this wave, then jump into buying drastically. After the dotcom bubble broke up, many internet companies turned to real value zero, causing most investors to lose money and go bankrupt.

FOMO syndrome in Vietnam we see is waves of investment in stock market in 2007, gold in 2008 - 2010 and real estate also in 2008 - 2010. After each wave, FOMO investors who do not understand but just jump in by fear of missing the opportunity to lose.

There is a famous saying among investors: "When the market is greedy, it is time to leave the game" because that is where FOMO syndrome broadly impact the market, causing the market become a bubble.

Organizations or individuals use this FOMO syndrome as a way to scam. They bring victims to seminars, draw up new technology or investment channels, then give the "birds prey" each other to buy or invest. The victims of psychological weakness, lack of knowledge, experience should be immediately FOMO, afraid of missing the opportunity to become billionaire billionaire, so hurry down investment, suspected somewhere is the trap.

All things like great seminars, customers jostle, new technology ... are things to create FOMO syndrome only.

How can Against FOMO?
Obviously for us, it's hard to recognize FOMO, that's not to say against it. However, not the deadlock. Try some of the following

If an investment channel offers "heavenly" interest rates, you should question whether it is realistic. If the interest rate is double the bank is starting to find it unrealistic.

Fraudulent FOMO users often entice you into investment channels that are not legally recognized or even illegal. So, please check the legal basis before Investing your money.

Because of the psychology of FOMO, scammers often dress up politically, express wealth, understand, and compose stories from poverty into wealth, to make you think about why they I can not do, from which to urge to invest money.

So, FOMO is very dangerous for society in general and financial investment in particular. Identifying and "self-curing" FOMO is essential. If this is not the case, you not only fail to invest but also in everyday life.

Wow! I thank you and the knowledge you have shared so much, and now I understand why I am so frustrated when I trade. I am very grateful for the information you share, thinking back, I find that I am missing a lot and do not understand the market and market psychology.Thank you very much for the knowledge and experience there!
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:55:21 AM

This kind of greed, this trait that makes some traders lose. Being grateful is another way to change the fomo's character.
We always appreciate the few results and avoid the greatest losses by taking risks without analysis.
thanks for sharing

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:09:48 AM

Honestly sometimes FOMO is a good investment strategy - note that I said "sometimes". Most of the time it's not.

If you FOMOd into Cardano when it was 2 cents, you would have made a boat load of money. If you FOMOd into ETH, NEO or any other top 20 crypto in early 2017, you also would have made an awful lot of money. The issue is when you FOMO on a project that later dips.

If you research a project that really does have a chance of taking off, and you believe it's undervalued yet still at its ATH - then by all means it might be a good investment. Most of the time however you should wait for a dip and buy-in at that time.

Patrice_89

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:10:36 AM

Everybody wants to get rich so when they hear something they want to jump in without doing proper research. I had to learn it the hard way aswell..Trx lol

▰✔ https://www.esportsecosystem.com/ ✔▰ eSPORTS  - ECOSYSTEM "Empowering Gamers!"  ♞❉ http://www.t.me/esportsecosystem ❉♞
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:20:28 AM

Interesting. In Ponzi schemes seems people are lead to invest there by some similar feeling. At beginning few guys join, then hit ROI, then tell others they hit ROI, the second wave of investors hit ROI as well, so the third wave of investors could be being leaded by this FOMO, they see others making big easy profit, so they despair themselves, because they want that profit too at all costs! Then the scam scheme crashes...

Honestly sometimes FOMO is a good investment strategy - note that I said "sometimes". Most of the time it's not.

If you FOMOd into Cardano when it was 2 cents, you would have made a boat load of money. If you FOMOd into ETH, NEO or any other top 20 crypto in early 2017, you also would have made an awful lot of money. The issue is when you FOMO on a project that later dips.

If you research a project that really does have a chance of taking off, and you believe it's undervalued yet still at its ATH - then by all means it might be a good investment. Most of the time however you should wait for a dip and buy-in at that time.

I think FOMO is when you don't think by yourself, when you don't invest consciously, but because others are doing this and you became euphoric and despaired to do the same without thinking about the consequences... If the result isn't bad, you were just lucky.

When you research about a project and put some effort on it to know if it's good or not, I'm not sure if it would be FOMO.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Patrice_89

Activity: 73
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:31:21 AM

Dont do Ponzi schemes guys..only do Fonzi schemes Aeyyyy!!

▰✔ https://www.esportsecosystem.com/ ✔▰ eSPORTS  - ECOSYSTEM "Empowering Gamers!"  ♞❉ http://www.t.me/esportsecosystem ❉♞
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:37:54 AM

I agree. There are times when you will be able to make a lot of money because of FOMO but because of greediness, the ball will roll and you will be at the bottom again. Cryptocurrency trading is a hot topic nowadays so many people are getting excited joining in without research which is the very definition of FOMO. Because of this, those who bought at the top are now feeling miserable because they don't know what to do causing that market to suddenly crash when there are bad news because they are afraid of being trapped again. There would always be panic buyers and sellers which results in a volatile cryptocurrency market.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
coinscircle

Activity: 202

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:20:57 AM

Let's find out the FOMO.

What's FOMO?

FOMO in the Real Life

How can Against FOMO?

I think the information you share is really useful to the community and especially the market participants so that the market can understand the market better. Community effects are extremely dangerous but if we can manipulate them we can profit from them.Thank you
minthit

Activity: 325
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:34:22 AM

The problem with FOMO is that it lacks belief. That's why they say when people become greedy, it's the time to leave. Because these FOMO people also have a great impact on others' trust on the market. The best thing to do when investing is doing proper research, investing only in what you truly believe, and last but not least, HODL. It brings about long term perspective rather than short term which is like gambling.
norashing (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:15:31 AM

You're right. I agree with your point of view: D

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:16:10 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 02:07:25 AM by HasHe

FOMO has mostly given losses to traders as well as new investors. When a new coin gets launched and gets pumped, many people get caught with the fear of missing out and immediately buy it without any analysis thus getting them caught in trouble. To be a good investor, one should know to control his emotions and if one gets caught with FOMO, then definitely  he loses his control and such decisions would mostly go wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: