Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:32:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoVest Physical Litecoins  (Read 15917 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 09, 2023, 04:47:41 PM

Good afternoon,

Long time no post! I feel like I must have communicated this at some point in the past, but I feel the need to do it again as more and more time passes and I see random businesses, websites, communities and even hackers use the term "CryptoVest".

I'd like to be clear that I have no association with any of these entities, and have not done anything with CryptoVest since I released these physical Litecoins. Although this venture still holds a special place in my heart, to be honest I seriously doubt that I ever will use it again or make any coins in the future.

There's one other thing regarding the coins themselves that I'd like to share. I still hold about 100 special edition coins which I opted not to sell, but I never made certificates of authenticity for these coins because at the time I was exhausted from assembling all of the coins that I sold. This slipped my mind when I destroyed the hard drive which stored these CoAs long ago, and I no longer have the ability to make them using existing design files, nor the desire the desire to re-create the design files in order to make them.

IE. There are about a 100 special edition coins without Certificates of Authenticity which are still in my possession. I'm not sure when or if I'll ever sell these, but I wanted it to be known that they do exist and are legit despite having no CoA. In my opinion, I think the act of me selling them, or passing them down to my heirs, should be sufficient enough as proof of authenticity. It would be very hard for me to create counterfeit coins as I don't have the expertise necessary nor the design files, and I feel like my actions in this community speaks for itself as far as my trustworthiness and character.

Thanks and I hope this update finds ya'll well!

Be good,

William

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 09, 2023, 05:00:17 PM

Let me know if you have any trouble converting keys or redeeming coins. So far... (knock on wood), I have been able to solve all issues for anyone that has contacted me privately about having issues redeeming CryptoVest coins.

The only known issue (which is pretty much a non-issue, just an inconvenience) thus far has to do with the font I used to print the private key inserts. It is sometimes challenging to distinguish which character the private key is due to similarities in the font and the small font size. If you are having trouble redeeming a private key and you are sure you are doing it correctly, then try looking for characters that may look alike, such as: 8 and B, k and K, or 1 and I.

In one instance, someone was having trouble redeeming a CryptoVest coin, and after giving the usual directions of how to redeem them and it still not working, I then asked them to send me a picture of the coin insert. After a lot of trial and error switching out lowercase characters for uppercase etc, I finally figured out that the lower case k looked like an uppercase K. After switching it out I was able to redeem the value, which I forwarded on to the coin's owner (+ a Litecoin for bringing it to my attention).

As of today this remains to be the only known issue that I've identified regarding the coins that I made, and it's an easy fix.

I've had absolutely zero notifications of anyone having their private keys compromised, of any counterfeit coins, or any other major issues. I hope and pray that this will continue to remain true for eternity, but please feel free to come forward (publicly or privately) if anything happens to your keys, or if you see anything suspicious. I would like to be alerted, and to alert the community. Thanks!
mx12.levins
Copper Member

Activity: 624
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2023, 04:17:29 PM

Let me know if you have any trouble converting keys or redeeming coins. So far... (knock on wood), I have been able to solve all issues for anyone that has contacted me privately about having issues redeeming CryptoVest coins.

The only known issue (which is pretty much a non-issue, just an inconvenience) thus far has to do with the font I used to print the private key inserts. It is sometimes challenging to distinguish which character the private key is due to similarities in the font and the small font size. If you are having trouble redeeming a private key and you are sure you are doing it correctly, then try looking for characters that may look alike, such as: 8 and B, k and K, or 1 and I.

In one instance, someone was having trouble redeeming a CryptoVest coin, and after giving the usual directions of how to redeem them and it still not working, I then asked them to send me a picture of the coin insert. After a lot of trial and error switching out lowercase characters for uppercase etc, I finally figured out that the lower case k looked like an uppercase K. After switching it out I was able to redeem the value, which I forwarded on to the coin's owner (+ a Litecoin for bringing it to my attention).

As of today this remains to be the only known issue that I've identified regarding the coins that I made, and it's an easy fix.

I've had absolutely zero notifications of anyone having their private keys compromised, of any counterfeit coins, or any other major issues. I hope and pray that this will continue to remain true for eternity, but please feel free to come forward (publicly or privately) if anything happens to your keys, or if you see anything suspicious. I would like to be alerted, and to alert the community. Thanks!

Can I still purchase these coins without a hologram? I want to buy them if there are any left. Are they pure silver coins?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: