Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:56:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's effect Facebook banned will have on ICOs today  (Read 1075 times)
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

This is a good decision by Facebook to curb the nefarious activities of some ICOs although traffic-wise this will reduce the  income accruing to Facebook but I belief this is a right decision to restore sanity into the system and to reduce scams.
Honestly, at the end it only affects Facebook hugely considering the amount that is being generated with those adverts of ICOs alone. It must have taken a huge one to be able to come up with the policy of not going ahead with advertisement of ICOs. On the other hand as well, it may have just a little bit of effect on ICOs, knowing Facebook has never been the only source where they get their traffic, and from the look of things and how ICOs have been so far, I can say they are still doing pretty well.
The fact is that all social networks including Twitter and Facebook were originally resources for communication and communication in the community, And today these sites have turned into advertising resources, where they advertise a particular product. so I'm not surprised that Facebook decided to ban ico of the company.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:05:55 AM

Maybe companies will have to move over to other social medias like Twitter and Instagram. Don’t know about Reddit, but it ain’t a place for promoting.

It's of no use. The major social media platforms are cleaning house, and thus will result in similar practices of these platforms overall. The main point is that the multinationals having billions of dollars as marketing budged, have started to demand for critical changes of the social media platforms. To put force behind their words, they have started to reduce their marketing budged that would usually flow into Google, Facebook, Youtube, etc. That very well explains the sudden policy changes of these social media platforms, and it will only get worse. All these social media platforms thrive on ad revenue, and the multinationals know that, and aren't shy of demanding more changes. If this gets taken out of proportions too much, we'll only be left with my little pony ads on social media. Cheesy
This is just another example of why decentralization is needed, whenever centralization occurs that becomes a point of failure, altcoins and icos depend on social media to spread the word about their projects, but since those websites only care about the money they can get from ads then it is easy to manipulate them in order to comply and do what it is in the best interest of banks.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:25:56 PM

Facebook is not doing good for banning ICO's or Crypto coins advertisement, ICO's are not like hyips,ptc sites or any other ponzi schemes it is like pure investment and now maximum ICO's KYC is compulsory so it is unfair by Facebook.Facebook is world largest advertisement media so it will definitely effect the incoming ICO's business.

they only banning ads for crypto or ICO, not banning crypto or ICO page, thats not big problem. ICO or crypto devs can open facebook bounty, they still can promoting their program on fb. about effective or not, i dont know, but its like effective
I do not know this certainty, about Facebook tire crypto.
I still see some people sharing news or advertisements about ICO.
even facebook social media campaigns are still valid and have not been deleted.
no problem for me.
There is what they call traditional Facebook advert where you can make payment, have a banner and then your banner or your page can be targeted to the users of Facebook based on the demographics you set.

Here, you have to pay in USD, and this is what was banned. It has nothing to do with the pages, or the bounty campaigns, as obviously this will keep going on, but the other side of it, like how we have Google ad but this time Facebook ad, that is what you won't be seeing anymore, at least for now.
thantaimetmoi

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:47:59 PM

JOYSO.IO
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:59:37 PM

I don’t think it will be having any effect on ICOs, unless maybe it will reduce their rate of success or something like that. I don’t know how to explain what I mean. But Facebook is not the only social media out there. There are others like Twitter, LinkedIn and the rest of them, although I don’t know if others would be effective as Facebook.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:02:44 AM

Considering the impact and popularity of facebook with people in general, I think it will have a slight effect on ICOs these days.
It may not be that big of deal since there are other social media platforms that are significantly if not more effective
and popular as facebook. Maybe the band is temporary at the moment, facebook does have an addictive or
attaching influence with people. With the promotions and advertisements of icos and cryptocurrency,
they will thrive and adjust as long as there are extra social media options and the internet.
Trust mate, it won’t. Those who are always interested in ICOs anyway will still try to find a way to get their information irrespective of the advert. This is just Facebook advert we are talking about which obviously affects Instagram as well since the ad is being operated by Facebook. Facebook gave a very valid reason and it is just people trying to make FUD out of it though, but I do not see this to have a huge impact, knowing that there are other easy means that advert can be done and effective as well.
Emitdama

Activity: 1778
Merit: 328

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:02:43 AM

Facebook is not doing good for banning ICO's or Crypto coins advertisement, ICO's are not like hyips,ptc sites or any other ponzi schemes it is like pure investment and now maximum ICO's KYC is compulsory so it is unfair by Facebook.Facebook is world largest advertisement media so it will definitely effect the incoming ICO's business.

they only banning ads for crypto or ICO, not banning crypto or ICO page, thats not big problem. ICO or crypto devs can open facebook bounty, they still can promoting their program on fb. about effective or not, i dont know, but its like effective
Yeah and that is still going on anyway. This would not have a major effect which is one thing I know. Most of these projects have even seen bounty as the easiest way, where they won't have to pay much except in their own tokens, while they get their projects out there, and unless Facebook wants to start banning accounts that are advertising cryptocurrencies, which is not possible, then Facebook deciding to halt cryptocurrency advert will really have a tiny impact that can't even be felt.
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:56:55 AM

Facebook have it new policy pertaining to initial coins offerings 'ICOs' . The policy specifically prohibits ads that promote ICO on it platform.
The banned is due to the fact there are so many companies who are advertising ICOs that are not currently operating in good standards and faith.
In the meantime, Facebook is encouraging people to report content that violates this new policy.
What effect do you think this will have on ICOs and future  of cryptocurrencies?

So true, they are just ruining the name of this technology. They are making false sales and then ran away like rats when the crowdsale ends. That is also the reason why I don't invest in ICO's anymore.
But there still so many advertisements that I'm seeing in FB these days, and I think when it comes in spreading popularity of the new ICO (or platform), individuals who are keep sharing the platforms ideas throughout in every corner of the facebook can't be stop. So I think Banning ICO's advertisements won't have a dent in their sales.

44_crypto

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:06:31 AM

Considering the impact and popularity of facebook with people in general, I think it will have a slight effect on ICOs these days.
It may not be that big of deal since there are other social media platforms that are significantly if not more effective
and popular as facebook. Maybe the band is temporary at the moment, facebook does have an addictive or
attaching influence with people. With the promotions and advertisements of icos and cryptocurrency,
they will thrive and adjust as long as there are extra social media options and the internet.
Trust mate, it won’t. Those who are always interested in ICOs anyway will still try to find a way to get their information irrespective of the advert. This is just Facebook advert we are talking about which obviously affects Instagram as well since the ad is being operated by Facebook. Facebook gave a very valid reason and it is just people trying to make FUD out of it though, but I do not see this to have a huge impact, knowing that there are other easy means that advert can be done and effective as well.

Totally agree with you guys. Facebook and even Insta are not the greatest resource of information for crypto markets. As well as smart made bounty allows to bypass this ban:)  So in general not much will change.
Delisaara

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:59:38 AM

Actually banning the ads icon on facebook has no effect on anything.There are many other places to promote it, do not be afraid and worry.Let the facebook do what they want, we obey it.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:32:54 PM

Until now facebook page about ICO still exist. I don't know parameter facebook to rejected ICO because we knows ICO just a name, i means the company is real and needs promote to get investor. Facebook is a big social media and i think ICO will be still exist in there.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:32:55 PM

This is a good decision by Facebook to curb the nefarious activities of some ICOs although traffic-wise this will reduce the  income accruing to Facebook but I belief this is a right decision to restore sanity into the system and to reduce scams.
Honestly, at the end it only affects Facebook hugely considering the amount that is being generated with those adverts of ICOs alone. It must have taken a huge one to be able to come up with the policy of not going ahead with advertisement of ICOs. On the other hand as well, it may have just a little bit of effect on ICOs, knowing Facebook has never been the only source where they get their traffic, and from the look of things and how ICOs have been so far, I can say they are still doing pretty well.

I think the same, that ICO promotion using facebook is not proven to give a good impact ,, maybe facebook only play about 3-5% of the success of ICO ,, I myself not too intense to malakukan / follow the promotion of ICO using facebook ,, and kesimpulanya that the ban on facebook has no great influence to seek or provoke investor interest there
ngavanngo22

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:43:35 PM

I don't think this case will affect too much to cryptocurrency and ICOs project Smiley. Facebook is a good place to promote new ICO but it's not the only place that ICOs can be promoted. But for now I still can be able to see a lot of advertise about ICO project on Facebook, maybe they've removed banning with cryptocurrency.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:44:19 PM

I don’t think it will be having any effect on ICOs, unless maybe it will reduce their rate of success or something like that. I don’t know how to explain what I mean. But Facebook is not the only social media out there. There are others like Twitter, LinkedIn and the rest of them, although I don’t know if others would be effective as Facebook.
It will decrease the funds they get and to be honest I do not think that is so bad, some icos have ridiculous expectations about the money they need to make the project a reality, the ico was supposed to be a way to help the developers to create a project not a way to make them rich with our money but that is the posture many icos have by not having a hard cap or by having a very high hard cap.
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:15:57 AM

If your question was what would be the effect on ICOs if Facebook puts a ban on cryptocurrency advertisement, then the answer is quite simply not much of an effect may be the ICOs would lose one platform for advertisement. There are many other social media's where ICOs do their advertisement through us. So that wouldn't make a whole big of an effect to the advertisements of ICOs.
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1314

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:03:58 AM

Actually banning the ads icon on facebook has no effect on anything.There are many other places to promote it, do not be afraid and worry.Let the facebook do what they want, we obey it.

I'm sure it still affecting ICO project as if Facebook bans ICOs ads then ICOs project will lose a place to advertise the project. Indeed there are still many place to advertise but losing a potential place for advertisement is a disadvantage for any projects.
It is also affecting facebook income from the ads, so you cant say it has no effects at all. Other effects could be related to bounty hunters.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:01:01 PM

I'm sure it still affecting ICO project as if Facebook bans ICOs ads then ICOs project will lose a place to advertise the project. Indeed there are still many place to advertise but losing a potential place for advertisement is a disadvantage for any projects.
It is also affecting facebook income from the ads, so you cant say it has no effects at all. Other effects could be related to bounty hunters.

If it is been affected. We already found the many bounty campaigns stopped the Facebook campaigning. I do not understand whether facebook banned the ICO and bitcoin related advertisement or not.
When goes to surf on Facebook I am seeing the advertisement of many ICO projects.
Hope we can make money via FB still so no need to worry at all.
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

Facebook is full of groups and communities of companies that conduct ICO. It seems that only paid advertising of ICO is banned there. And reposts of projects continue to appear, they haven't gone anywhere and nobody banned them. Everything is ok.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:48:50 PM

If it is been affected. We already found the many bounty campaigns stopped the Facebook campaigning. I do not understand whether facebook banned the ICO and bitcoin related advertisement or not.
When goes to surf on Facebook I am seeing the advertisement of many ICO projects.

I'm not sure if they are really banning ICO advertisements there, as I see, there are still many kinds of advertisements on their platform about Crypto-Currency in general. Maybe they refrained about heavily censoring these advertisements fearing the consequences, what could boost another social media platform and decrease their influence on the internet, as people would find new ways to promote ICOs, letting Facebook aside.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:11:48 PM

I'm not sure if they are really banning ICO advertisements there, as I see, there are still many kinds of advertisements on their platform about Crypto-Currency in general. Maybe they refrained about heavily censoring these advertisements fearing the consequences, what could boost another social media platform and decrease their influence on the internet, as people would find new ways to promote ICOs, letting Facebook aside.
Agreed, i think facebook can't detect all those advertisement on some ICOs or they just allow some of it. This news has been a month now but the advertisements of ICO i just browsed here and in other sites still popping out on my news feed.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: