Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:16:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone solo mining alt coins?  (Read 1041 times)
cryptowizze (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:20:32 AM

I'm not asking for you to reveal what coins you are solo mining, just curious of anyone is doing it. I've seen the odd thread in here of people solo mining but seems like not many people do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:26:07 AM

Yes some peoples mine in solo new coins, option avialable in wallets of this coins

TheONLY-1

Activity: 229
Merit: 2

Expert to setup Cyrpto Coins Mining Pool

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 08:30:42 AM

Matter of fact is I'm mining solo Smiley

Setup your own mining pool, mine any coins of your choice, Telegram: @goodthebest or email: onlinebuybiz@gmail.com
mat4202

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:43:47 PM

I solo mine altcoins and i only have one gtx970 the coins i have succesfully mined are Phoenix, Halcyon, Orbitz, UFO, guncoin hopes this helps if u need any help setting up to try it let me know if i can help in any way and ill try to get u running.solo mining is great there is nothing like finding your first block and seeing that little pic on your wallet makes pool mining seen so bunk but at the same time can also be a complete waste of time
PCW

Activity: 23
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:58:10 PM

I solo mine altcoins and i only have one gtx970 the coins i have succesfully mined are Phoenix, Halcyon, Orbitz, UFO, guncoin hopes this helps if u need any help setting up to try it let me know if i can help in any way and ill try to get u running.solo mining is great there is nothing like finding your first block and seeing that little pic on your wallet makes pool mining seen so bunk but at the same time can also be a complete waste of time

I'm trying to do exactly what you've done, solo mine several altcoins.  I don't expect it to be highly profitable but it looks like fun.  

I have some really basic questions:

Is there one piece of software that mines all or many of these coins?
Or does each coin have it's own specific software to use for mining?

From reading I'm getting the impression that the same software (miner) can mine different coins, and I just use different ports.

If that's so, what miner do you use?  I'm on Windows 10 but I can change the OS if it's better.

If you could generally walk me through the process or point me to a site that explains it, I'd appreciate it.
s0ftcorn

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:02:45 PM

You can use ccminer for most coins.  You most of the time dont have a miner for one coin but for one algorithm. So for zcash or bitcoin private thats equihash, for which you can use bminer.
but if you are really new to all this you just use a multipoolminer, that decides for you which coin is most profitable at the moment.
for new coins you have to speculate yourself.
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:17:38 PM

Would you say that solo mining have been more profitable than pool? I have 72 x 1070ti and I would be very curious to try it. But I have no clue how to... I would really appreciate if you could give me some more information. Thanks!
mayers8851

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:47:21 PM

I'm not asking for you to reveal what coins you are solo mining, just curious of anyone is doing it. I've seen the odd thread in here of people solo mining but seems like not many people do.

I mine solo from time to time, it can be very profitable sometimes when new coin is launched.
mat4202

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:31:20 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 12:49:12 PM by mat4202

I'm trying to do exactly what you've done, solo mine several altcoins.  I don't expect it to be highly profitable but it looks like fun.  

I have some really basic questions:

Is there one piece of software that mines all or many of these coins?
Or does each coin have it's own specific software to use for mining?

From reading I'm getting the impression that the same software (miner) can mine different coins, and I just use different ports.

If that's so, what miner do you use?  I'm on Windows 10 but I can change the OS if it's better.

If you could generally walk me through the process or point me to a site that explains it, I'd appreciate it.

ok first sorry for not getting back to you sooner and let me see if i can help so basically to answer the first question like the other guy said ccminer works for most everything besides ethash and eqihash algorithims the version i use personally is ccminer-x64-2.2.4-cuda9 because i had problems getting some of the others to work but that one has been solid for me the only time i use a different program is when i use nsgminer-win64-0.9.4 to mine ufo because something about its core makes it not work with ccminer i have used it to mine some of the samew coins i mine with ccminer but i swear it seems like i never find blocks using this program with the exception of the 2 ufo blocks i hit 40 minutes apart the first time i tried it but havent hit nothing since
first of you have to make a conf file in the coins folder located in C:\Users\yourpcname\AppData\Roaming so say for phoenixcoin i use this right here just make new text file in folder paste this

rpcuser =mat420 (change this to your username same as used in the bat to launch)
rpcpassword = x  
rpcallowip = 127.0.0.1
rpcallowip = localhost
rpcport = 9554
daemon = 1
server = 1
gen = 0
maxconnections = 64
dns = 1
checkpoints = 1
listen = 1
dnsseed = 1
banscore = 50
bantime = 14400
addnode=prometheus.phoenixcoin.org:9555
addnode=menoetius.phoenixcoin.org:9555
addnode=atlas.phoenixcoin.org:9555

then rename the txt phoenixcoin.conf
now for the bat this is what i use
add a new txt file in the miner folder that u use and copy this changing the username to exactly what u used in conf file same with password then rename pxc_solo.bat or something u choose

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
ccminer-x64.exe -a neoscrypt -i 22 -o http://127.0.0.1:9554 -u mat420 -p x

assuming you were using same ccminer as me and this is for nvidia cards i basically use this as a template for anything im trying to  solo mine changing the algo if nessasary and the rpcport to match what is used and matches what is in the conf for nsgminer this is my bat

nsgminer --neoscrypt -w 128 -I 18 -o http://127.0.0.1:9554 -u mat420 -p x --no-getwork --no-stratum --verbose --text-only --coinbase-addr your coin address  

that would be to mine phoenix with it this is also on windows 10 and technically poenixcoin.conf file is in the same folder as the qt but normally it is where i said first and this should go without saying you need the qt running and the blockchain fully sync before u can  solo mine
and if this helped you out feel free to tip me a beer if not no worries
BTC 1FNruRuDCapGhWQdUoX1nokTTSanfDjcim

mat4202

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:39:28 AM

Would you say that solo mining have been more profitable than pool? I have 72 x 1070ti and I would be very curious to try it. But I have no clue how to... I would really appreciate if you could give me some more information. Thanks!

definetly 100% i do and if i had your power i would be trying for the good coins not the ones i can mine hopefully my quick explanation to the op can help but feel free to ask questions and ill help if i can
mat4202

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:52:18 AM

hey i was looking at your sig what is that mkt coin i noticed alot of people were mining it on bsod now not so much but i never heard of the coin whats it about
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:52:43 PM

I do solo mining since 2015. With and without Hardware.
With hardware, I do solo mining to QT Wallet, and technical explanation has posted above. This way worked for new coins.

Without hardware, I create private pool then renting hashrate from Nicehash. I do this for old coins (mostly need more hashrate). Calculate profitability for its coins, then go for solo mining.
PCW

Activity: 23
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 12:37:31 AM

ok first sorry for not getting back to you sooner ...

...and if this helped you out feel free to tip me a beer if not no worries

No problem on the timing.   The information was worth the wait.

Interestingly, before asking my questions a few days back, I hadn't found anything on solo mining. I think primarily because I was only looking at posts, articles, videos, etc. from the past couple of years.  My rationale was that anything crypto-related before a few years ago was going to be too ancient, but when I did expand my searches back, I did find information similar to what you provided but I really couldn't trust it completely because of its age. 

I appreciate the more up-to-date information that you provided as I piece it all together; the moment that I have something to tip with, I certainly will!

In the meantime, I have 2 questions:

1. If you solve a block, how do the coin gods know where to send the block reward?  i.e., where does the wallet come into play in all of this?

and

2.  A conceptual question.  In pool mining, I understand that the pool tells the miner what to mine i.e., the nonce.  In solo mining does the miner decide the sequence to mine?  Or is it random within the program?  Like if 2 miners start mining with the same setup, will they be trying to solve the exact same thing?  Or can I mine whatever set of numbers I want?  I'm sure I have a conceptual misunderstanding here.  Can you clear this one up for me.  Thanks.
mat4202

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:33:26 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2018, 01:45:52 AM by mat4202

ok first sorry for not getting back to you sooner ...

...and if this helped you out feel free to tip me a beer if not no worries

No problem on the timing.   The information was worth the wait.

Interestingly, before asking my questions a few days back, I hadn't found anything on solo mining. I think primarily because I was only looking at posts, articles, videos, etc. from the past couple of years.  My rationale was that anything crypto-related before a few years ago was going to be too ancient, but when I did expand my searches back, I did find information similar to what you provided but I really couldn't trust it completely because of its age.  

I appreciate the more up-to-date information that you provided as I piece it all together; the moment that I have something to tip with, I certainly will!

In the meantime, I have 2 questions:

1. If you solve a block, how do the coin gods know where to send the block reward?  i.e., where does the wallet come into play in all of this?

and

2.  A conceptual question.  In pool mining, I understand that the pool tells the miner what to mine i.e., the nonce.  In solo mining does the miner decide the sequence to mine?  Or is it random within the program?  Like if 2 miners start mining with the same setup, will they be trying to solve the exact same thing?  Or can I mine whatever set of numbers I want?  I'm sure I have a conceptual misunderstanding here.  Can you clear this one up for me.  Thanks.

if your using ccminer thats what the server=1 in the conf file does is make your qt wallet client automatically be were the rewards get sent thats why it has to be running both together and in nsg miner you add your address in the bat --coinbase-addr Po8YFga1Jbjz******CCTWXesU18Z thats were rewards get sent
as for the second question im not entirly sure but i believe in solo mining everybody is just racing to solve the block the fastest untill it tells the client that that block has been found then everybody just goes at the next block but i could be wrong there is no shares in solo because all shares are for in pool mining is a way to judge how much work u put in to solving the current block to determin how much you get rewarded in proportion to all other miners but that could be wrong too im not 100% possitive to say thats how it works for sure and the little yay it says everytime you find a share pool mining with ccminer it does that when u find a block solo mining and nsgminer says found block for pool 0 when u find one not the new block detected that means someone else found one but not you personally and dont worry about tipping me i just put that there because there really isnt much solo mining info out there and i figured someone might stumble apon this and get themself going and throw a few bucks my way you never know i probably would have because it took me some time to get running and im sure u understand also looking for info on it
mat4202

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:24:40 AM

here are some pics
https://imgur.com/k5Bv5ce
https://imgur.com/UshXUVX
https://imgur.com/COqkE9A
https://imgur.com/oSGqHG8
https://imgur.com/BWbsstX
Lab_Rat

Activity: 599
Merit: 502

Token/ICO management

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 06:11:06 AM

For new altcoins, this can be done, but essentially it does not have any economic sense. If mining in the pool is possible, then it is better to use the pool. In general, it is better to mine liquid currencies  and buy the liked altcoins.

LeChuckDE

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:56:49 AM

Of Course.
I am mining Ethereum Solo with 31,5 GH/s from 900 GPUs

Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:14:00 AM

Of Course.
I am mining Ethereum Solo with 31,5 GH/s from 900 GPUs

You are the man!  Wink
How many blocks solved each day by the way? Am curious to compare with pooled mining estimation.
Have you tried other Ethash coins? Music coin maybe?
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:40:40 AM

here are some pics

Holly cow! Are you mining solo for all of this?
MetaSk

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 11:49:11 AM

Solo mining is profitable only for fresh coins and it last shortly. In case you have few hundred cards you coul solo mine literally anything and still have regular payouts Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: