Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:12:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A possibility to travel without your wallet (just with Bitcoins)?  (Read 602 times)
Urbinklin

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:37:22 PM

Such trips will be possible in a few years, when every town will have at least one bitcoin ATM or there will be many places where they will accept crypto currency. Routes for travel are very different, and even the Internet can not be found everywhere. And with just one bitcoin, you can get into an embarrassing situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tiktak89

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:49:47 PM

I would never venture to travel with just one bitcoin, since I like the most remote and unpopular routes. And there is often no Internet, there is no possibility of paying by card or online. Even dollars are not accepted everywhere. Therefore, I always have to buy a local currency for quiet travel.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
maltize

Activity: 111

“Everyone Is A Bank”

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:24:29 PM

If I went to travel to a large country, and I certainly would have known in what places I can pay bitcoin, yes, I would risk taking only a bitokin wallet or bitcoin card with me. But I will be very limited in my routes, because going to some small town or village will be problematic because of the absence of ordinary, paper money.

BABB          |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:05:36 PM

It will not come soon, as bitcoin is just gaining popularity, but it's not enough to pay them off. Especially if you travel, you do not want to expose yourself to excess risk and go with just one bitcoin card or phone, and being in a foreign country without local paper money is very risky.

bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:13:09 PM

Traveling with just one bitcoin is not a very good idea even after a few years, when it gets more widespread. Even usually a credit card can be useless if you are traveling very far. And on our planet will surely remain protected areas, where technology will never reach. And our electronic money will be useless in these places, unfortunately. But this is the beauty of such distant places - the lack of technology.

dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:17:18 PM

I am not necessarily promoting a cashless & cardless society but cash & cards can simply be an alternative. All you may need with you is your cell phone and ID card to move all around the world. Into such a morning of sun shine, I am looking at. But gradually what turns out is such a cashless and cardless society with eases lives.
Actually, paying something with your smartphone is now popular and the progress is very good I personally rarely use cash or card whether credit or debit, I often use the services provided by my bank I mean mobile banking or payment gateway provided by some services to shopping, like, purchase foods, pay electricity, buy coffee, watch movies, even taxi all those things I paid from my smartphone directly, the question is does it use bitcoin? no, it uses our official currency, do you know why people do not use bitcoin as a payment option?
1. The fees are too high.
2. Low Confirmation.
3. Government Banned it.
4. Lack of adoption.
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:19:52 PM

Wow that would be awesome! But there will be lots of hassles since not all country are using bitcoin. If you're gpimg to travel in a place that allows bitcoin as payment then that would be great. just take good care of your wallet coz once it is stolen while you're travelling, that will be your biggest problem.
mevmike

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:40:37 PM

I do believe tgat it is possible to happen in the future.
But as of today it may not yet be probavle due to the fact that there arent a lot of business entities that accepts bitcoin as a terms of payment.
Therefore we may not have an option whenever we wanted to do purchases or avail of services we wanted.

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
Lock00Live

Activity: 238

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:47:39 PM

That you can do right now because the world now has a lot of services accepting payments by bitcoin and so you just need a bitcoin wallet you can travel around the world . In the near future I will also make a long trip with the bitcoin I got.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:48:04 PM

It would be nice to travel only with your bitcoin wallet vut thats a hard task to achive especially with the issues of bitcoin with the fees and long time for transactions confirmations. You cant go to a every shop and pay 2-3$ fees for everything you buy because especially if you travel in a other country you want to visit everything and buy souvenirs from there so you would have to make at least 20-30 transactions wich means and extra 50$ only for the fees. This could be acceptable for most of us but still 50$ its money and cant deny that. Hope that the lightning network will solve this problems and will are going to be happy to travel only with bitcoin.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:50:41 PM

It is possible to travel in different countries soon as the whole government will consider bitcoin as part of our economy. If there is no banning of bitcoins for sure, you can go as far as you want without any hessitations that you cannot use your bitcoins in other countries.

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:04:22 PM

Well I have been thinking of this possibility of expansion of Bitcoins use to such an extent that one may simply travel with hands in one's pockets! That should be level at which the ascendance of cryptocurrency should be and towards which we as a community should work.

The very fact of travelling will include more than one fields of business into its fold. Flights, eateries, pharmacies, hotels, rooms, restaurants, shopping stores, movie theatres, book stores, gyms and fitness centres, taxis and buses. This is not just a dream but a goal that we should try to reach.

I am not necessarily promoting a cashless & cardless society but cash & cards can simply be an alternative. All you may need with you is your cell phone and ID card to move all around the world. Into such a morning of sun shine, I am looking at. But gradually what turns out is such a cashless and cardless society with eases lives.

The world has become more and more cohesive and smaller. Getting knitted closely together. Like the evolution of species, cryptocurrency has evolved from various different ideas to a superior manifestation. And today though slowly but steadily we are finding the shift towards it. It is in near future that we may find the world being defined by whole new parameters of currency, economy and development to which cryptocurrency and especially bitcoin will be an integral part.  

We are now living in a modern world with modern technology, they can now create that cardless payment or cashless payment on travelling without your wallet, just you and your baggages only. Looking forward on it, it has a big possibility to make that happen. But think about the fees that will lessen at your money.

▄▄
 ▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄         ▄▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████▀░░▀█████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░██░█████
█░░▀█████░░████████▄░░▄█████
 ░█░░░░░░░██████████████████
 ░░▄████████░░████████░░░░█
  █████████░██░░░░░░░░░██░█
   █████████░░░████████░░█
    ░░░░░░███████████████
     ████░░█████▀░░▀████
      ████░░░░░░░░██░██
       ██████████▄░░▄█
         ███████████
           ███████
             ███
SECURYPTO|  MONETIZING ANONYMOUS 
   CONTENT DISTRIBUTION   
|JOIN NOW
     AIR DROP!
|
FOLLOW
US ON:

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
     ████▀▀▀▀
     ███
     ███
  ██████████
  ██████████
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
|
WHITEPAPER
GITHUB
YOUTUBE
REDDIT
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:22:07 AM

Possible and I would love to see that day in near future, but right now you can also use your Bitcoin with Crypto Debit Card Services.
Actually someone has already travelled with just bitcoin and $100 in his pocket. you can read his story here(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2219153.0).

Hey mate the author of that story is that Ehrhc, the infamous scammer behind the C signature campaign, and I would not take even one of his words to be true, just look at his trust. This is not to say that people didn't travel with bitcoin, I just wanted to relay to that particular story. I recall that even a few years ago there was this couple travelling with bitcoin only.

AlphaWolf

Activity: 217
Merit: 120

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:36:37 AM

Most shops and places would not accept Bitcoin so this will not be easy.

Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:38:51 AM

I travel a lot and while I always have my coins floating with me in the air, it's always good to have ATM backups as well as good ol' fiat backup.

sent from my X6
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:24:28 AM

Yes it is possible if this happen I think its the greatest achivement of bitcoin to fully implemented and adaptation of the use of digital currency all over the world.But for now many countries had banned the bitcoin if your going to travel make sure that all means for transportation were accept bitcoin for payments.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:41:19 PM

Most shops and places would not accept Bitcoin so this will not be easy.

But some will and that's what you're aiming at. Even if only 1 out of a 100 stores accept it's still acceptable as long as it's possible to buy the most basic products. Usually if a hotel offers an all inclusive option you don't have buy anything in the city. Let's say you travel in your own car, you make hotel reservations paid in Bitcoins in the spots you want to stay at and you're all set.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:59:12 PM

Yes it is possible. There are a few successful cases where people travel with using bitcoin.

Here is a good guide

www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/07/12/how-to-travel-the-world-while-spending-mostly-bitcoin/amp/

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:01:25 PM

Bitcoin will soon develop much more than now and then we will be able to travel just with it, when the countries will recognize it

The best is yet to come!
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:09:53 PM

It's amazing how he was able to go 27 countries. Seems like he struggled though Sad
In the near future i hope atleast one country in the world would adopt bitcoin. There are still a lot of problems that has to be addressed. If a country's going to adopt it, more likely than not there's going to be taxation. Plus the scalability problem that's bottle necking the transaction speeds must also be addressed. (go lighting network!). 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: