Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:11:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system - simple improvement  (Read 191 times)
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1557

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:04:41 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 06:56:59 PM by pawel7777
Merited by bitgov (2), Jet Cash (1), InvoKing (1)

What about changing user profile merit page so it shows total of merit sent/received + number of users transacted with, i.e.:

Merit sent:         123 from 74 different users
Merit received:   115 from 92 different users

And, in addition, the "history" button that directs to the page with all the details of merit transactions (what is now the current Merit page).

Rationale:

You can calculate the total numbers right now, but it's going to be progressively harder as the time goes by.

Total numbers are simple and useful tool when you want to use merit score as a rough guide of user's constructiveness and contribution to the forum (i.e. for signature campaigns applicants).

Such numbers also help to quickly compare users based on points actually earned (adjusting for their initial distribution merit score).

Number of users transacted with also helps in detection of "anomalies" (aka trading points), i.e. 250 received merits but only from 4 users could suggest abuse or misuse of the system.

Thoughts?

ps. Idea is so simple, I wouldn't be surprised if someone suggested this before, but haven't seen it yet, so sharing.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:05:53 PM

You can calculate the total numbers right now, but it's going to be progressively harder as the times go by.

This should be left to third party data aggregators. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 01:08:28 PM

I think this is a good idea - I think it wll encourage people with sMerit to keep them in circulation.
The forum need a wide range of members to award merits, this will help to avoid bias.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
std1391

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

bitcoin is love

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:13:12 PM

it seems that i wasn't lucky enough in merit system , this week i got 126 activities but still a member !
i think it was just luck , many got ranked before it happens and now they are not suprised like me!
i need merit and i dont know how to get it!
u don't think it's a bit unfair and modarator was enough?

lovepale

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:33:42 PM

In my opinion this make big sense to avoid merit abuse. The history of whom it came from and how many in the profile history can direct everyone that merit system is given with a clean motive to everybody without any form of malicious act. Well if that what happened I will really much appreciated the author of merit. Without any consent from communities merit comes from anywhere. Your idea sounds fair to everybody. This will be a justice to avoid some malicious action and abuse to give merit.

Actually I think merit is best for who received red trust. Without reaching the limit merit they can't rank up.
This is I think the best including your idea with fairness and justice. This can be clean form of governance in this forum.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

it seems that i wasn't lucky enough in merit system , this week i got 126 activities but still a member !
i think it was just luck , many got ranked before it happens and now they are not suprised like me!
i need merit and i dont know how to get it!
u don't think it's a bit unfair and modarator was enough?

Well, There are many cases like what you have been experienced recently. They are complaining on the official merit thread created by theymos but up until now there is no moves from admin to 'fix' your problem, because it is not a kind of unfairness. But theymos already stated on the official thread if someone really deserves to get the promotion to next rank (if they have been posting high quality posts up till now) then people should help that person.
Just keep doing the great work, learn English, leanr about cryptocurrency, make high quality posts, and I'm sure you can get your merits.

P.S : here is a link that maybe useful for you. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2832127.0 , it is a thread that has a list of all thread that can give you merit points if you do the job right.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1468

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 05:31:08 PM

You can calculate the total numbers right now, but it's going to be progressively harder as the times go by.

This should be left to third party data aggregators. 

At the moment it's somewhat hard for third party data aggregators too because of the format and the anti-DDoS system.

Providing raw data for this would allow us having better stats from any 3rd party:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2852479.0

leevine77

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:05:11 PM

I think this is the perfect way to apply in merit system. Im thingking that it will be physically seen the merit goes in. Even though i don't feel yet the total effect of merit. But im telling the truth sir this is really nice. Seems you are very worthy having your rank with you.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:36:05 PM

I think this is the perfect way to apply in merit system. Im thingking that it will be physically seen the merit goes in. Even though i don't feel yet the total effect of merit. But im telling the truth sir this is really nice. Seems you are very worthy having your rank with you.

I agree - maybe it will persuade some of the sMerit sources to just click on that award button when they see a good post.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: