Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:28:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid scams ?  (Read 305 times)
Rebus147 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:13:46 PM

I find a site but don't know if it's good or not :

http://www.badbitcoin.org/
Maybe you already know this site ? 
Not sure it's exhaustive.  Does Anyone knows it?
Do you know where to found a blacklist ? does it exist ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rohanshinde

Activity: 44
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:38:49 PM
Merited by deeperx (2)

I am not sure about any sites but based on my experience i will suggest the following.
1 - Always DYOR before getting into any coin or ICO.
2 - Check what problem the coin is trying to solve and if it is a valid one.
3 - A good ICO will have a good website with all their Team members' information and whitepaper listed.
4 - Make sure you check the Team's profile on Linked In, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Join their Telegram group. Check for their validity.
5 - Check if they have any past experience into blockchain or any other industry. Check if they are genuinely capable of solving any problem.
6 - With great coin comes great community. If the community is great and supportive the coin sure is great. Take for instance DeepOnion.

⚡ DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡[/url (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1553108)
juli50

Activity: 278
Merit: 101

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:00:29 PM

I think that most of scams surge in icos. So Im very carefull when I invest in any ico. Some icos have disappeared with all the money. And be really carefull with your pc and which site do you visit and what you normally do. You can get infected.

Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:02:04 PM

Learn a lot
have a lot of patience
listen to veterans
there's a lot of scam because peple trust everybody
in crypto you have to trust only your own intuition
here there's a web with all te scams
https://mejorfaucet.wordpress.com/2018/01/29/crypto-scam-checker/
S1natra

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:21:59 PM

Read and conduct a detailed research Smiley!
Also make sure you follow anything you can via telegram.
LisaOrange

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:13:47 AM

Use a good Peer to peer exchange sites like Paxful.com They have a feedback system where you can see that your traders reputation
MaximMax

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:40:50 AM

Scam projects will often make bold claims about their product even though said project offers nothing new or disruptive. It’s not likely that a certain blockchain platform or cryptocurrency will end poverty, fix global warming or replace the internet. This can also be truth for how they expect the community or markets to respond to the product. If someone claims their cryptocurrency will replace Bitcoin, get a disproportionate amount of users, or increase by 100x in the price charts, you can add that project to the scam list.

If the project does have that potential, professional developers will never make such promises. They will let you know about the potential of their project and that’s it. No serious team will ever make a price prediction about their token or claim it can fix the world.
Jjunpat

Activity: 180
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:01:37 AM

There are some sites that can be trusted but some of it views ads are suspicion and uncertain. When I tried to link a trusted community I have clicked some ads that I thought would be helping too. They send email and as I read the new mails it involves money for me to have the software as mention. I ignore those scammers and they stop sending a convincing mail. So be careful to avoid being a victim by them. Better read all the guidelines as much as possible. Asking trusted person or friends with experience about digital currency is easier.
msuheb

Activity: 136
Merit: 5

Einc : An Ethereum Fork

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:52:47 AM

I have read somewhere... that always look for, if the company has a working project in the market or not...  after that Team and Legal Advisors... chase them on social channels and get a word from them...
WillowEvul

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:07:33 PM

Most of the scams (as far as I am concerned) are coming from the ICOs and exchanges. So the most important part is doing your research and, of course, due diligence! It includes reading about in the forums and seeing what people say. That's the most important step and people are quite honest in the forums and they will say everything they have experienced with the particular ICO or exchange! I believe you will be smart enough to figure out how that works.  Wink
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:00:03 PM

If it seems to good to be true.. it probably is.
There's so many scams that works because people are greedy...

Be careful on twitter, there's a lot of fake accounts asking you to send "y" amount of whatever coins and they promise you to send back "y" x2..
they are fakes and will never send back your coins..

Same thing for "investments" websites.

pvtuan34897

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

I joined 10 bounty campaigns. When they ended, I got 3  scam project.
They make me to waste alot of time
jmyoung01

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:55:27 PM

You can avoid scams when you do research first with the entity you are dealing with. Check the credility and financial status of this. You can use the internet in checking these information. Also, background check the person will also help you if the business is scam or not. I think this helps.
Jr.

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:22:57 PM

Ill give you one tip, join there telegram group and have a look on their member, read some conversation on the page, the more member in the group the safer you are, try also to have touch with the other member and ask about their experience if the managers replied to their problem and questions, their you will be safe and you may continue if your are joining their campaign.

tge.HORYOUToken.io    ■))   BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▐ ███████████████   JOIN THE TGE   《《《 ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hagiyatmaz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:58:04 PM

I was looking for a website like this because I am not very experienced. I saw that some projects that were interesting before were scam. It was an important website for those who started crypto world.
ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:23:30 PM

Trust nobody
If in doubt ask
Use reputable escrow
Do not trust exchanges
UltimaTradr

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:53:18 AM

I use Paxful.com to process my trade and they have a reputation system that you can check to see which are scammers
coin90

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 02:58:59 PM

I think a good crypto currency will have a solid company behind it. Do not fall for many faceboom ads of ICOs that promises to increase value in a month or so. This is pure scam. A solid coin will have popular developers working on it, a company budget and full transparency.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 10:52:43 PM

At this moment, the scams are in the form of ICOs already although there are some who are doing the pyramid scheme. You can avoid it in many ways but I only know 2 ways
1. Do some research about it. If there is a team behind it, if the team has reputation already or if they are trusted. Look for possible things that will make them a legit one.

2. This is not for the ICO but for the pyramid scheme. For example they say invest X amount of bucks and it will give a 50% interest every month. See the return of investment. Think about it and don't be too greedy. Don't fall into their trap just because of the huge return. They tend to control your emotions. See if the return is too good to be true.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bakekang

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:25:16 PM

Everything that involves money is prone to scam,  you should not trust anyone .
Scammers are everywhere and they will do anything to scam a person.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: