Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:11:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid scams ?  (Read 309 times)
wealthypioneers

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:31:12 AM

read scam exposure sites

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reynand

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:34:53 AM

1. Learn many thing and read experiences from other people
2. Safe Trading, use escrow for transactions
3. Research on white paper and team for project
Crowdsale.network

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:03:30 PM

I dont know the sites, but I can give some advice for How to avoid ICO scams:
 - read its WP (whitepaper)
It is important you read the whitepaper of that cryptocurrency you intend investing in. What to except when reading a Whitepaper:
- An identified problem. To what purpose will the currency be.
- Do the project have a solution to this problem identified? You need to understand the technology behind the solution provided.
- Distributed/ Implementation of Tokens: You have a product in view, how do the tokens come in? What role are they to play? Why do I need a token to use the product? How will I get the tokens? A pre-sale, bounty programs or at an ICO sales? What percentage will be given to the public? For how much will each token be sold for at the pre-sale and at the ICO sales? What is the detailed plan for the project? How long will it take them to launch the coin on a platform exchange?
- Who are the team members?
The team members will consist of the CEO, developers, Advisors, Blockchain Engineer. Who are they? Do they even exist? Do they know what they are talking about?
Finally, what is the main emotion you feel?
After researching, when you get answers on these questions, you will know what to do.
Remember, ICOs can also be scams. Trust only yourself.
Minerall

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:45:20 PM

Becoming a victim of cryptocurrency scams is very easy for newbies and beginners. You can avoid this by checking the development team and doing some background research on the company's website. Just be patient in your approach.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:06:07 PM

http://www.badbitcoin.org/ is a trust site who detect the invest and mining scam sites and for me when i want to invest in btc sites i check that site before in http://www.badbitcoin.org/ and you can find here http://www.badbitcoin.org/thebadlist/index.htm the scam invest and mining bitcoin sites
birzh0

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:30:48 PM

I am not sure about any sites but based on my experience i will suggest the following.
1 - Always DYOR before getting into any coin or ICO.
2 - Check what problem the coin is trying to solve and if it is a valid one.
3 - A good ICO will have a good website with all their Team members' information and whitepaper listed.
4 - Make sure you check the Team's profile on Linked In, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Join their Telegram group. Check for their validity.
5 - Check if they have any past experience into blockchain or any other industry. Check if they are genuinely capable of solving any problem.
6 - With great coin comes great community. If the community is great and supportive the coin sure is great. Take for instance DeepOnion.
i want to add some little part of mine: check for manager of bounty. It does not mean that newbies or jrs bad managers. But for high ranked managers probability of successfull ICO is higher. Also can read about managers. There are some topics with tables about their campaigns.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:16:45 PM

Becoming a victim of cryptocurrency scams is very easy for newbies and beginners. You can avoid this by checking the development team and doing some background research on the company's website. Just be patient in your approach.
Newbies or beginners in cryptoworld are always victim of scams. They easily believe on investment programs that will give them 20% to 30% of thier investment in just a short time.
CHINUYAGAV24

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:52:45 PM

Check for the offical admin in group. Dont send your private key. Admins won't ask any information without prior information in group.
bkrobottc1

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:58:03 PM

It is easy. Don't let the greedy take your mind.
Example, some airdrop give you 200$, it is impossible. It certain demand your wallet private key to receive token. It so silly.
Sorry if my english make you confuse Smiley)
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 11:26:09 PM

Seems to be just a website that helps you avoid crypto scams...but you can implement your own methods to make sure you aren't being scammed which mostly includes staying informed, but we go into more depth on that in our blog post:

http://bit.ly/ScamCoins

Maybe it'll help  Smiley good luck!

Mintdice.com
btsjungkook

Activity: 333
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:25:36 AM

To avoid ICO scam or human scams you have to take good care of yourself and just do not believe it because they might be fooling you. Just trust the people with high trust because they will be able to handle this forum.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: