Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:54:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IS CAUSING BITCOIN TO DROP??????????  (Read 1021 times)
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:35:52 PM

WHAT IS CAUSING BITCOIN TO DROP?

AND NO IT'S NOT JUST FUD!!

We all know that bitcoin has a number of supply. Developers of created the number of supply of bitcoin to balance the demand.  So this is the case., if bitcoin demand is high,  the price of bitcoin is starting to rise but when bitcoin supply is high thats the time that it will continuesly fall down especially if a lot of people are selling their bitcoins.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoneyBackCoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:38:37 PM

It's not so much about the panic selling it's about the fact that utility tokens are controlled by companies. These companies are regulated,
 they have to answer to some form of regulation. Therefore these utility tokens no matter how convenient, helpful or fancy are a backdoor in for regulators.
 Regulation for this industry is bad. If some of you don't know IRS are already trying to tax people millions even if they have only made a few thousand (simply because of the number of times they have traded).
Pan0pticon

Activity: 40
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:02:10 PM
Merited by pixie85 (1)

Who remembers Jamie Dimon calling bitcoin a scam, then subsequently it dropped?
I do.
Who remembers the allegations, post the incident that JP.Morgan Chase was attempting to buy in?
I do.
Who is aware that JPMorgan Chase has a Github repository for a Cryptocoin named Quorum, based on Ethereum?
I am.
Who now believes the huge rise in Bitcoin after Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP.Morgan Chase made those scam claims, was solely down to global Bank investments?
I am starting to.
Who now thinks the banks made themselves the biggest players in the game (whales), so they could destroy decentralised currency reputation, and issue their own centralised Cryptocurrencies to keep in control of the worlds finances, people and financial trust in the system?
I do.

They are demonstrating a power, mass dumps, followed by, FUD on Bitcoin, however, every news article about the blockchain is positive, why?
Type Bitcoin in google right now it’s a sea of shit.
Type Blockchain however, well, let’s just say a future bed of roses.
Yet it’s the same technology.

They seek to destroy Bitcoin to replace it with their own cryptocurrencies.
The positive comments on Blockchain are so they can market their coins as Blockchain coins.
We may be about to see the very end of Bitcoin, however, I hope, I really do that we have an ace up our sleeves.
Don’t let the tyrants re-establish control.
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:13:01 PM

Perhaps there are more people selling BTCs than people buying BTCs?
This is why they call it a market, because the price can go down just as it can go up.

This is the only correct answer.

Many years ago I read a theoretical example demonstrating that only buyers and sellers can affect price. It was along the lines of "What would happen to the stock price if Intel announced lousy earnings on a Saturday morning? Answer: nothing, because the markets are closed".

BTC is going down because the sellers are being more aggressive than the buyers at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less. You can certainly speculate on what might be motivating them, but that's a whole different ballgame and largely academic.

reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:21:44 PM

Regulators could have the biggest impact on Bitcoin and Cryptos prices as multiple countries have either implemented some regulations or have discussed plans to limit them. If the regulations become too burdensome they could negatively impact the usage and therefore price of Cryptos.
integrap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:23:36 PM

We saw dramatical declines nowadays. It is volatile and everyday we can see new fake news, old news or speculating news. I dont look for reasons anymore. Whales are playing like a toy. But good days will come soon!

liberox

Activity: 326
Merit: 8

>> CryptoMedia.press

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:35:33 PM

Perhaps there are more people selling BTCs than people buying BTCs?
This is why they call it a market, because the price can go down just as it can go up.

This is the only correct answer.

Many years ago I read a theoretical example demonstrating that only buyers and sellers can affect price. It was along the lines of "What would happen to the stock price if Intel announced lousy earnings on a Saturday morning? Answer: nothing, because the markets are closed".

BTC is going down because the sellers are being more aggressive than the buyers at the moment. Nothing more, nothing less. You can certainly speculate on what might be motivating them, but that's a whole different ballgame and largely academic.

If we analyze the last 2 months market I think it`s not possible to conclude that sellers are more than the buyers! Instead very huge amount of people have entered into the crypto market after the second half of december. Moreover I don`t think they sell at that moment - all players entered on 12K-14K BTCUSD shouldn`t get out just after 2-4 weeks with 30% loss (exc. they are really stupid - very rare cases). The possible reasons BTC to fall at the time thousand new players came buying are

1) Market manipulation (bots)
2) Really big players cashing out
IfixTchenTchen

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:55:20 PM

I guess market manipulation should be one of the main culprits. And of course also some very big whale cashing out of course - but I think that that would still be manipulation - with the purpose of buying back lower.
HTHP

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:58:44 PM

I heard that facebook will ban all the advertisement related to bitcoin.
This is one reason but not the main one.
Soke

Activity: 101
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:17:51 AM

FUD and panic sellers. 
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 12:41:44 AM

I think it is because of the previous spike in the market last year during the last leg of the year and since bitcoin is decentralized it is greatly affected by the supply and demand factors in the market which the result is what we are seeing now in the market as crashing in terms of its value.

synchronic09

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:08:06 AM

bitcoins down is also the down of most altcoins it is really a bad day for those bought on high price. whatever happened to bitcoim just stay positive have patience ang earn your profits.
ronbt

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:09:18 AM

News about USDT allegedly buying dollars with unbacked tokens. Whether tue or false, does not matter.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:10:29 AM

My troll meter is burning up. We're running out of scale here!  Grin Grin

Bitcoin is well-disguised HYIP scheme.  10% after 10 days etc..
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 01:11:16 AM

WHAT IS CAUSING BITCOIN TO DROP?

AND NO IT'S NOT JUST FUD!!

trend shift towards ethereum because there because of lack of visionary leadership

First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:34:23 AM

Up over 1000% in the last 365 days " GUYS ITS DROPPING, CRASHING, BURNING WERE ALL IN DANGER"

This month I got $20 by doing online surveys. You want money ?? EARN IT
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:39:22 AM

Concerted timed attack of news by scam of tether (symbol: USDT) with Bitfinex, fearful news of regulatory crackdowns, and typical manipulation or FUD attacks from DCG (Digital Currency Group) companies. Altcoins are known to be "scamcoins" for a reason - they will die relative deaths and Bitcoin will always prevail.

All these attacks will be fruitless and have only providing an amazing buying opportunity today - in 5 years time, BTC's price will be at least more than 4 times current level.

Bitcoin's lightning network is emerging where fees will be tiny and cross-chain atomic swaps for decentralized exchange.

Governments and laws are controlled by the central banks. Bitcoin is an anti-establishment revolution that has already solidified itself worldwide.

Bitcoin cannot be controlled. It cannot be banned. It cannot be made illegal. And conversely it cannot be legalized. It just simply is. And people can always use it.

Those trying to undermine and manipulate bitcoin stem from the central bank system around the world;
-the central banks dictate policy to all the operating big banks around the world and have essentially tried their best to ban bitcoin related transactions for more than four years straight, ever since 2013, and have failed at stopping bitcoin's growth, adoption, and popularity
-the central banks fund efforts to undermine bitcoin, providing plenty of capital and liquidity to private companies and venture backed groups such as Digital Currency Group (they own Coinbase, GDAX, Kraken, Bitpay, and media outlet Coindesk) and also Roger Ver/Bitmain to undermine and break the bitcoin protocol and/or manipulate trade

Above are just small examples.

First, educate yourself and then others. Please checkout the link to the bitcointalk post in my signature titled: How to teach Bitcoin to a 7 year old.

Bitcoin is a secure, decentralized, trustless and open system which cannot be banned nor controlled.

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...why?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it required a central 3rd party to function, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
Bitcoin is on the verge of lightning network release rendering altcoins as only backup plan options if not dead.
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin's value is worth hundreds of billions USD today. Altcoins however are scams, weak, pyramid schemes not offering these values.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to hold the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system. (more than stocks, more than houses, more than gold)

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:35:37 AM

Who remembers Jamie Dimon calling bitcoin a scam, then subsequently it dropped?
I do.
Who remembers the allegations, post the incident that JP.Morgan Chase was attempting to buy in?
I do.
Who is aware that JPMorgan Chase has a Github repository for a Cryptocoin named Quorum, based on Ethereum?
I am.
Who now believes the huge rise in Bitcoin after Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP.Morgan Chase made those scam claims, was solely down to global Bank investments?
I am starting to.
Who now thinks the banks made themselves the biggest players in the game (whales), so they could destroy decentralised currency reputation, and issue their own centralised Cryptocurrencies to keep in control of the worlds finances, people and financial trust in the system?
I do.

They are demonstrating a power, mass dumps, followed by, FUD on Bitcoin, however, every news article about the blockchain is positive, why?
Type Bitcoin in google right now it’s a sea of shit.
Type Blockchain however, well, let’s just say a future bed of roses.
Yet it’s the same technology.

They seek to destroy Bitcoin to replace it with their own cryptocurrencies.
The positive comments on Blockchain are so they can market their coins as Blockchain coins.
We may be about to see the very end of Bitcoin, however, I hope, I really do that we have an ace up our sleeves.
Don’t let the tyrants re-establish control.

That's actually not a bad explanation. I know it's far fetched and we have no real proof of it happening but it makes sense.
I'd add that JP isn't the only one that would benefit from manipulating the news to scare people away from Bitcoin. There are other countries like Russia that are working on their own cryptocurrency. Remember that funds are limited. If people invest in Bitcoin they won't have much left to put into their centralized coin.
adsadsx

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:50:11 AM

Most of what is happening is very easily explained. I really don't understand why people are panicking. You have wallstreet trying as hard as they can to make BTC seem like a self fulfilling prophecy. They have provided massive liquidity for the early investors, created futures contracts and have bought and now are exiting to possibly buy lower they want to kill this thing that allows people to go around them. Don't forget the whole BCC thing (I'm holding a few bags of that). Don't forget this random exchange news and the fact that the news in general have never been positive about it.

Investors' attitudes toward high-risk assets will change as soon as the cryptocurrency market cracks. This can have an impact on Bitcoin prices.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:50:33 AM

trend shift towards ethereum because there because of lack of visionary leadership

It's temporary. Not long ago the same thing was happening with Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. Bitcoin was expensive to send and Roger and his friends started to promote BCH as the new king, the successor of BTC. A lot of people sold Bitcoin and bought their coin you could see it happening for days and nothing happened. BCH is still not the king, BTC survived and continued to go upwards.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: