Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets fight the FUD together  (Read 2264 times)
Bolt Brownie (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:01:35 PM

Yes we should all support bitcoin together because I see many people are spreading negativity about btc that is not good anyway. Negativity affects the btc value it cause fear in new traders but those who are doing trading professionally they are calm because they know market  moves both side and when market rose aggressively market makes correction too after rise so it's the time to hold rather than sell. But always calculate your risk.

From a traders point of view the market is fine. Volatility is what traders like, and if they are good and have good strategies they can cope with everything that is happening. I would like to fight FUD not from a trader perspective, but from a usability perspective. I want to use bitcoin when it's ready for that, and not just trade it.

You should list Facebook ads ban in the FUD section. For me, it is a totally unimportant thing, but people are panicking over that too.
I already made a comment about that so here is the link instead of repeating it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2860711.msg29658938#msg29658938

I really didn't saw Facebook banning adds as bad news. It should actually have a positive effect for the crypto markets. I read your post, and you said it yourself, you don't even click or look to those adds. I usually do the same, but there are plenty of people that actually get themselves lured by the possibility of fast profit, and might click on those adds, and support bad ICOs (just look at bitconnect for example). So by banning these adds, I expect that the number of uniformed investors that comes into the market, that are only driven by FUD or FOMO, will decrease, and that is good for crypto in the long term, as it will get more stable, because people investing in it are more informed.

About anti-FUD, look at this document: https://www.banking.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/a5e72ac6-4f8a-473f-9c9c-e2894573d57d/BF62433A09A9B95A269A29E1FF13D2BA.clayton-testimony-2-6-18.pdf
From what I can read out - Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is speaking favorably about accepting the technology of Blockchain (read conclusion), he only suggests caution and regulation. It is always about regulation, which is a good thing, nobody ever seriously proposed a ban.

Thank for the article, this is actually great news, and I guess that the markets are already reacting positively on this. I completely agree with him, evolution shouldn't be stopped, and crypto is important for us. We must regulate them of course, specially because uninformed investors act irrationally, and can be easily scammed.

Another good news I will add (regarding coinbase finally making implementing segwit as a priority)
https://cointelegraph.com/news/coinbase-crypto-exchange-to-roll-out-long-awaited-segwit-upgrade-in-few-weeks

I would say things are looking good for crypto future!
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:32:41 PM

From a traders point of view the market is fine. Volatility is what traders like, and if they are good and have good strategies they can cope with everything that is happening. I would like to fight FUD not from a trader perspective, but from a usability perspective. I want to use bitcoin when it's ready for that, and not just trade it.

You should list Facebook ads ban in the FUD section. For me, it is a totally unimportant thing, but people are panicking over that too.
I already made a comment about that so here is the link instead of repeating it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2860711.msg29658938#msg29658938

I really didn't saw Facebook banning adds as bad news. It should actually have a positive effect for the crypto markets. I read your post, and you said it yourself, you don't even click or look to those adds. I usually do the same, but there are plenty of people that actually get themselves lured by the possibility of fast profit, and might click on those adds, and support bad ICOs (just look at bitconnect for example). So by banning these adds, I expect that the number of uniformed investors that comes into the market, that are only driven by FUD or FOMO, will decrease, and that is good for crypto in the long term, as it will get more stable, because people investing in it are more informed.

I apologize, I must have got it wrong. So you are just listing "negative" things on the off side.... I thought you are listing FUD and debunking it as well. That was my intention with this info.

No biggie about the article, I will keep letting you know about anything substantial I encounter. My good friend posted about Segwit today, so I already knew about it - those are fantastic news, yet something I expected to happen within a month or two.... happened a little bit earlier, but I won't be mad about it Smiley

Bolt Brownie (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:30:04 PM

I apologize, I must have got it wrong. So you are just listing "negative" things on the off side.... I thought you are listing FUD and debunking it as well. That was my intention with this info.

No biggie about the article, I will keep letting you know about anything substantial I encounter. My good friend posted about Segwit today, so I already knew about it - those are fantastic news, yet something I expected to happen within a month or two.... happened a little bit earlier, but I won't be mad about it Smiley

No, you are completely correct, and I actually listed the Facebook news about the ban on the list as well. For some reason I thought you were saying that Facebook add ban was bad for bitcoin because of the ban, and not because of the FUD it was generating (no idea why I thought that though). I was just stating my personal opinion about that, but I guess that we have the same opinion, or at least we both consider that as FUD. It is there already, and do keep posting more news as you encounter them.
dado7

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:39:43 PM

No, you are completely correct, and I actually listed the Facebook news about the ban on the list as well. For some reason I thought you were saying that Facebook add ban was bad for bitcoin because of the ban, and not because of the FUD it was generating (no idea why I thought that though). I was just stating my personal opinion about that, but I guess that we have the same opinion, or at least we both consider that as FUD. It is there already, and do keep posting more news as you encounter them.

OK, thank you. I think that Facebook add case is a typical example of a totally unnecessary FUD.

mammothine

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:00:09 AM

I used to work in communications on Wall Street....and I can tell you 100% that whenever the "fud" (we didn't call it that) would roll out in such a loud and coordinated way, it meant you better be buying or ready to buy. Someone, or many someones, were simply trying to push down the price and then boom, it all disappeared and whichever issue that had been shit on absolutely rallied.

The fud is a sign we're actually in the right place.
benalexis12

Activity: 798
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 12:06:19 AM

I used to work in communications on Wall Street....and I can tell you 100% that whenever the "fud" (we didn't call it that) would roll out in such a loud and coordinated way, it meant you better be buying or ready to buy. Someone, or many someones, were simply trying to push down the price and then boom, it all disappeared and whichever issue that had been shit on absolutely rallied.

Thanks for sharing anyways, Yes we're in the right place and in the right time. I'm very bullish in cryptocurrencies The FUD is good to have an healthy correction. I bought in DIp and i feel insanely good that the price will go up in the next few days.

juiceannabel

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:22:37 AM

yeah the fud that spreaded made bitcoin price go down.
if we can fight the fud, bitcoin and other crypto price will increase.
dont reply on the FUD thread, let it sink.
Bolt Brownie (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:10:26 PM

Thanks for sharing anyways, Yes we're in the right place and in the right time. I'm very bullish in cryptocurrencies The FUD is good to have an healthy correction. I bought in DIp and i feel insanely good that the price will go up in the next few days.

Well the thing is that bitcoin is not suppose to be just a financial asset. I know that right now BTC is mainly used for trade, and all the speculation that results in fud and fomo is great for trading because of the huge price variations it causes. But like I said in the OP, even though I trade, I would gladly give up trading, if it would result in a stable coin that we can use for normal purchases. That is the main goal of bitcoin, and I hope it achieves it. And for that goal, the fud and speculation don't help.

Anyway it seems we are fud-less period right now, which is good, and I have two more good news to add to the list.
Nothing really special, but it shows that BTC is still being used for purchases (this time to buy apartments), and that the US is slowly sending positive signs towards crypto (like the Arizona state passing a bill that will allow it's citizens to pay taxes with bitcoin). Like I said it's nothing special, because the state will have to sell the BTC in a 24h period, but it's still positive.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/a-pair-of-british-entrepreneurs-sold-50-luxury-flats-for-bitcoin-in-dubai (apartments sale)
https://cointelegraph.com/news/us-arizona-senate-passes-bill-to-allow-tax-payments-in-bitcoin (Arizona passing a bill to allow it's citizens to pay their taxes with BTC)
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:12:53 PM

U know my surrounding doesnt spread FUD and I really dont know who can talk trash about BTC.
Anyway, there're those who does it so ur suggestion takes place.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:18:49 PM

It's not FUD what is pushing bitcoin down.
It is damn high fees and people are looking for alternatives.

We all realize that all these are fud.
But inside that fud you can find some real news who you didn't share in your post for some reasons - steam and stripe. Do research and update post with more real news.
I think both are to be blamed on this scenario, no one wants pay unreasonable fees for transaction and the fud makes people sell their bitcoins because they know that if they don’t it’s goi to go down which drives it even deeper.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:19:52 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 12:52:43 PM by HasHe

It's not FUD what is pushing bitcoin down.
It is damn high fees and people are looking for alternatives.

We all realize that all these are fud.
But inside that fud you can find some real news who you didn't share in your post for some reasons - steam and stripe. Do research and update post with more real news.
No.Actually the fees have gone very low nowadays and transactions too get processed very soon.Its the FUD which  has brought down the market.Actually what's the reality is that bitcoin market has both positive and negative news and what makes the difference is that negative news are over focused to create FUD.
dado7

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:12:56 PM

This is an ingenious tip, thank you mammothine.

@Bolt Brownie, check this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2912407.new#new
It appears that Arizona is about to accept Bitcoin for tax payments. A fantastic news, in case they are true.

xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:56:42 PM

Due to the hundreds of FUDs that are being spread widely across all the social media networks, on various forums, and even on blogs all throughout the internet, bitcoins along with all the other altcoins out there here in the crypto world are being dragged down to its knees. Although there really is nothing to worry about since losing weak handed people are great for the overall of the crypto world, it still is a quite a big problem. Because clearly, it will reduce the number of people getting into the crypto scene. And even if it wouldn't stop the cryptos from moving forward in terms of acceptance and value, it will really slow it down. Which is not that bad but still bad.

But anyways, it is really refreshing to see something positive like this every once in a while in this sea of FUDs. So thanks for this man, it is not only great to see but also well explained. You deserve a merit for this one, so I'll be giving you some. Hoping to see more posts from you.
dado7

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:40:12 PM

Here goes another one. A double world record holder gets paid in cryptocurrency.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/10/sport/crypto-speedskater-ted-jan-bloemen-winter-olympics-intl/index.html

Quote: #Canadian speed skater Ted-Jan Bloemen recently became the first athlete to be paid in virtual money when he struck a one-year sponsorship deal with ONG Social, a social network and crypto community, and CEEK VR, a developer of virtual reality experiences.#

Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:48:06 AM

FUDs are merely one of the negative factors affecting the price movement of the bitcoin. The leading cryptocurrency is becoming sensitive to any negative news against it and it can cause some drops on its price. Some fud news can also turn people into panic-selling. Another factors are the high transaction fee and the massive profit-taking during important holidays that are celebrated around the world.
Bolt Brownie (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:07:50 AM

@xaviervilla Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I really like bitcoin and crypto in general, and all this fud attacks were really bothering me. I'm not a "follower" and I think crypto in general deserves some critics, which are perfectly normal since it's a "live" and "evolving" technology, but seeing being hut by fake new is just wrong. Glad you are enjoying this initiative.

Please do share some news you that you consider positive, and expose some fake news, or news that you believe are having a negative impact on crypto, that is way bigger than it should.

@dado7 Thank you for your links again. I already had the one related to the Arizona State on the list, and do find the one related to the Winter Olympics quite positive as well, even though it is an isolated event. It seems crypto is having a good entry in the Olympics (also found this (article)), where a team promised to include bitcoin logos depending on how much they would get from their fund raising campaign in bitcoin.

I will not add them, just because they are "isolated" events, and I do believe that bitcoin already hit mainstream adoptions in terms of awareness, so although they are positive news, I don't think they will have a major impact on bitcoin image. Still worth mentioning though, and I enjoyed reading them, so thanks for sharing.

I found another one today, related to south Korean regulation. I had already talked about it in the "fud" list of the post, but I had no article linked to it, so I will link this one there. It seems they might "copy" the NY’s BitLicense, in order to regulate their own exchanges. Nothing final, as they will wait until the elections in the country take place, that should happen in June. Here is the (article))
dado7

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:32:03 AM
Merited by Bolt Brownie (1)

Did you see the latest news?
Venezuela adopted all cryptocurrencies as legal tender:
http://www.laht.com/article.asp…
https://news.bitcoin.com/venezuela-orders-government-servi…/
https://www.btcnn.com/venezuela-go-full-crypto-coins-accep…/

vfrcbv91

Activity: 337
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:36:33 AM

Why fight the FUD? This is a great opportunity to buy bitcoin and altcoins cheaply. If people can't to distinguish  the real news from FUD, that's their problem.
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:02:34 AM

I like to trade, so I do check the price regularly, and although I don't get emotional during my trades, I do get a little sad when I'm not trading and I have time to think about how the crypto markets react to fake news.

True facts:
- Even though the lightning network is still in "beta", the number of LN nodes in the main net is increasing, and they have open channels running on them, with real transaction being made.
- Even if we disregard the LN (since it's still in beta), the fees are lower again, and the network is doing better (hopefully segwit will get more adoption, and exchanges like coinbase will batch their transactions, and BTC will be usable again, until LN is complete).
- Square Cash App now accepts BTC, so merchants that use it as a payment system will be able to accept BTC as payment.
- Robinhood will add BTC as well; Sberbank (on of the largest state banks in Russia) is planning on opening an exchange. So it will be easier to buy BTC
- Samsung is now making Cryptocurrency mining chips
- We already have some stores accepting BTC as payment. (Check this thread). Thank you gambitcoin53 for posting that.
- A good article that gives us a glimpse on how our society could be after decentralization (Here) Thank you dado7 for sharing.
- Coinbase is finally making the implementation of segwit a development priority (Here)
- SEC and CFTC Hearing was positive (Here) and (Here)
- 50 Luxury Flats sold for Bitcoin In Dubai (Here)
- Arizona State passes a bill to allow it's citizens to pay their taxes with BTC (Here)

FUD:
- Tether scam (could be true, but look at tether marketcap, and look at BTC marketcap). How can anyone say that BTC price is up because tether printed tokens out of thin air to pump BTC price? It would not have a big impact...
- China cracking mining... (just rumors, and probably fake). If mining was at risk do you think Samsung would get involved in mining?
- South Korea ban... (fake news, as I hope you all know already. They will only regulate it, probably using something similar to NY’s BitLicense link here)
- India making BTC illegal... (more fake news, they just said they want to crack down illegal activities that use bitcoin and not BTC itself)
- Facebook banning adds (actually a positive thing in my opinion, because it might help decrease the number of uninformed investors that enter the market, that click on those adds looking for profit, and then get scammed. We want investors with strong knowledge about Bitcoin and crypto, because those will not follow FUD or FOMO)

Bitcoin is evolving, we have real and positive news, and we have some bad fake news, or news that simply aren't relevant.
What do the markets do? They crash...

Help me fight the FUD, and post links with some positive news that you think are important for bitcoin, and help me fight FUD, by exposing fake news.

Yeah, I will also support your suggestion if i have also discover about false news which is addressing in bitcoin situations i will send you immediately a link. So that we can protect and fight this FUD which is the main goals is to crack down the bitcoin into bad situations. Lets fights it together in order to eliminates this FUD against bitcoin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 09:16:19 AM

Please correct the subject, you wrote "toguether" instead of "together".

I would like to argue about Tether a little bit. From the technical point of view, it is possible that it is driving the price up. They can issue Tether on account of "keeping its value" and then use it to buy Bitcoin, this drives other people to buy Bitcoin and it drives the price up in series.

However, Tether is rather unimportant and considering Bitcoins total market cap compared to its, its potential crash shouldn't pose a threat for Bitcoin value, technically. Problem is that not everything is in mathematics and technicalities, we have to take human behavior and marketing into account. Unfortunately. We can help by starting to explain that technically - Tether is not a threat for Bitcoin. It's like saying that the fly hitting against an elephant is a threat for the elephant.

About positivities - you could add this article:
https://medium.com/@matteozago/why-the-web-3-0-matters-and-you-should-know-about-it-a5851d63c949
I stumbled upon it today and I think that the title is rather devaluing it - it is not really just about the web 3.0, but society 3.0.

Everybody should understand the strength of blockchain and smart contracts, it is a tool like no other before it.

Yes you are absolutely correct. I do like your explanations. It is so true that we  must also consider our own observation and our human instinct. We must not directly jump into conclusions.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: