Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:00:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: German Children confiscated by Government just because they're homeschooled  (Read 1501 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

http://www.hslda.org/hs/international/Germany/201308300.asp
Children Seized in Shocking Raid

At 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 29, 2013, in what has been called a “brutal and vicious act,” a team of 20 social workers, police officers, and special agents stormed a homeschooling family’s residence near Darmstadt, Germany, forcibly removing all four of the family’s children (ages 7-14). The sole grounds for removal were that the parents, Dirk and Petra Wunderlich, continued to homeschool their children in defiance of a German ban on home education.

The children were taken to unknown locations. Officials ominously promised the parents that they would not be seeing their children “anytime soon.”

I recommend you go to this association and 'Contact' and request they accept bitcoin donations
https://secure.hslda.org/hslda/feedback.asp

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:52:32 PM

Isn't government wonderful?

Nigeria Prince

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:46:45 PM

Good job German government.

Children need social contact to other children and professional education.

There is compulsory education in the EU for good reason, if the parents don't like it, they can move to Iran, USA or Saudi Arabia.
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:21:04 PM

There is compulsory education in the EU for good reason, if the parents don't like it, they can move to Iran, USA or Saudi Arabia.
For your information parents who decide to homeschool their children have to meet education requirements and its not uncommon for them to outperform their public school peers.
Children don't belong to the government, they belong to their parents.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 07:26:00 PM

this. exactly.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:56:29 AM

For your information parents who decide to homeschool their children have to meet education requirements and its not uncommon for them to outperform their public school peers.

I would argue that children belong to themselves, and are guided by their parents; I don't find it moral to own a person, not by family or government.

this. exactly.

No.  Not this.  There is no good reason to force a person into a bad school (and I say bad in every case simply by following what happens in a coercive monopoly; unless we're going to argue that the drop in quality and rise in price of a service is a good thing.)  Children can absolutely be social with or without homeschooling; this assumes the stereotype that homeschooled children are sheltered and always socially awkward, which is entirely false.  It assumes the child lives in a vacuum and without public schooling, they would never have friends or learn to cooperate in society (but judging by the fact that most criminals of today went to public schools for most of their early lives, we can at least see that public schools do not actually help someone meld into society, if not worse.)

How anyone can argue that shoving a person into a giant box for 8 hours a day, five days a week, over the course of 13-14 years is the best and most preferable way to educate the masses (which, as we can see from simple observation, has completely and utterly failed many nations), with the threat that if the person does not cooperate, their guardians will be fined or lose their "right" to raise their children (which was never a right to begin with if it can be taken by a higher power at discretion), often without even the basic choice as to where that child will attend school but the prescribed school they must go to, and completely without the choice as to whether they will even fund the school they may or may not want, is completely beyond me.  Why is it my neighbor's choice how I raise my children?  Does nobody find that creepy?  This will continue to be the norm the longer we believe children are not human beings, and that we, the individuals, do not have the required sensibility, responsibility, or maturity to make an informed decision for those children, which is justly ironic, as one who does not have at least those three things cannot properly care for children in the first place.

Nigeria Prince

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:27:43 PM

There is no home-schooling in Germany.
No exception for religious nutcases either.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:55:13 PM

Actually we see the results of US style homeschooling every day on these Internets and let me tell you it ain't pretty.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 01:31:30 AM

Let's see, what epithets are left to throw at homeschoolers now? Sheep fuckers? Terrorists? /sarcasm

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 08:48:56 AM

Actually we see the results of US style homeschooling every day on these Internets and let me tell you it ain't pretty.

If you think that's homeschoolings fault I really do pity you, I didn't even bother going to university after having such a shitty experience in my own education because they teach fuck all and force you to sit in a usually hot and unpleasant classroom all day with people who will pick a fight with you just for looking at them funny which I admit is probably a side effect of being cramped in a room for usually 6 hours a day ( at least in my country ) trust me, it's fucking easy to see why people act the way they do, it's just that the people who could change it are in complete denial about the situation.

I can safely say I have easily learned more in the past few years now at home on this computer I'm typing from than I have with about 14 years of school education, I'm learning about cryptographic currencies, electricity generation ( Kind of, need to find good resources first Tongue ) Economics and C++/SFML for fucks sake Smiley oh yeah and I make Artwork and Jewellery on top of all that so I can start earning money.
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:04:34 AM

A few years ago a German family got asylum in US for exactly this reason (being persecuted by their home government due to their children's education choice).
Too bad this particular family didn't get the chance.

What will they do with these kids I wonder? They are old enough not to accept this slavery. Will the government just throw them in prison if they resist coercive indoctrination?
greyhawk

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:11:41 AM

A few years ago a German family got asylum in US for exactly this reason (being persecuted by their home government due to their children's education choice).?

No, they didn't. The asylum was immediately revoked in second instance and the people laughed out of court.
greyhawk

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:13:37 AM

Also there's a bit more to the original story above. The parents kept the children confined to the house. The children are now seeing for the first time in their lives other people.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 10:21:32 AM

If you think that's homeschoolings fault I really do pity you, I didn't even bother going to university after having such a shitty experience in my own education because they teach fuck all and force you to sit in a usually hot and unpleasant classroom all day with people who will pick a fight with you just for looking at them funny which I admit is probably a side effect of being cramped in a room for usually 6 hours a day ( at least in my country ) trust me, it's fucking easy to see why people act the way they do, it's just that the people who could change it are in complete denial about the situation.

I can safely say I have easily learned more in the past few years now at home on this computer I'm typing from than I have with about 14 years of school education, I'm learning about cryptographic currencies, electricity generation ( Kind of, need to find good resources first Tongue ) Economics and C++/SFML for fucks sake Smiley oh yeah and I make Artwork and Jewellery on top of all that so I can start earning money.

What sort of artwork and jewellery do you make?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 10:33:06 AM

I'm still getting things set up, but the Jewellery is coming along nicely and I just need to properly finish my art so I can put it up happily Cheesy

http://www.frontier-space.com/frontiercart/

http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/Lethn/library/?sort=3&page=1

I'm about to go on a drawing spree soon so the stuff I come out with now will probably look nothing like the stuff in my photobucket account, that's pretty out of date, been focused on my Jewellery more recently.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:40:22 AM

I still don't see bitcoin donations

https://secure.hslda.org/hslda/support.aspx

What will they do with these kids I wonder? They are old enough not to accept this slavery. Will the government just throw them in prison if they resist coercive indoctrination?

i was abducted by the U.S. gov

Nik1ab

Activity: 574

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:41:31 PM

Governments... don't know shit about life.

Viva la revolution!

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
makebitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:36:07 PM

Standard government invasion. Destroying families on a daily basis. Even if the homeschooling was holding back the children (which I truely doubt
as I've been to the same factory schools, which are infested with teachers who only care about their paychecks and drugs), the pain they and their
parents will suffer from this split will far outway any advantages. Plus this cost tons of taxpayers money.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 07:08:41 PM

viva

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: